New Content - Implemented Bookshelf skills not working after update to Mafia r15180

Ethelred

Much of my scripted automation and daily deeds are no longer working after updating to Mafia r15180. For example, none of my tome summons succeeded, the command

Code:
create 1 bucket of wine

failed with the response, "Creation failed, no results detected." and my script to burn off excess MP using libram summons of the form

Code:
use_skill( $skill[ Summon Candy Heart ] );

got into a loop and didn't actually summon anything. It's not clear to me what I need to do on my end to make things work again if this is, in fact, some kind of KoL change. Thanks for any help to get back on the air.

System info:

Java: java version "1.7.0_55"
Mafia: r15180M.jar

Bale

Minion
I've moved your thread to the Bug Reports forum. It belongs here because no amount of advice from the community can help you to fix your script.

I've also had mafia fail to cast bookshelf skills with r15180. It's not just an automation issue as you report. I have also failed to cast my libram and tome skills from the Skills Tab.

This is because KoL has changed the skill numbers for bookshelf skills and mafia is in the process of making things work again. That's why I added a "New Content" tag instead of "Bug."

Last edited:

edgy

Tome and Libram skills fails to summon anything

v16.7 r15180:

Triggering Tome, Libram and Grimoire skills from CLI (i.e. cast 1 summon love songs, create 1 potion of the field gar or cast 1 summon stickers) or the skill casting tab seems successful, but nothing is actually summoned. The skills are working (as in items are summoned) through the relay browser. None-bookshelf summoning skill as cocktailcrafting, pastamastery or saucecrafting are not affected

Tested for Tome of Sticker Summoning, Tome of Sugar Shummoning, Tome of Clip Art, Libram of Love Songs, Libram of BRICKOs, Libram of Resolutions and Sorcerers of the Shore Grimoire.

Edit: Same issue as Bookshelf skills not working after update to Mafia r15180. Admins please delete or move this to the correct thread.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
15181 fixes this. The proper fix will be using runskillz.php instead of campground.php for these skills, but this will do for now.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Is this done, or is abandoning campground.php internally for casting skills necessary to declaring it fixed?

My opinion: the campground still works, and as long as KoL itself provides a way to use bookshelf skills from there, we have to recognize (register request & parse response) using skills from there, so it's no big deal to use it ourself. Yes, it would simplify our code to refactor skill casting to only use one mechanism internally - and that's a worthwhile project - but it's not NECESSARY to do it.

I guess I'd prefer to have a separate Feature Request for that internal refactoring.