Bug - Fixed Erroneous error condition with 3 parameter buy()

Bale

Minion
Using r14367, here is another purchasing regression. This is causing my restoration script to throw confusing errors.

Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> ash buy(1, $item[black cherry soda], 80)[/COLOR]

Searching for "black cherry soda"...
Search complete.
Purchasing black cherry soda (1 @ 76)...
You acquire an item: black cherry soda
You spent 76 Meat
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Stopped purchasing black cherry soda @ 100.[/COLOR]
Returned: 1

It has purchased 1 black cherry soda from the Black Market. It only cost 76 meat instead of 80 because of the AT skill, Five Finger Discount. The problem is that it throws an erroneous error condition. I suspect that is because it then checks the mall and finds the cheapest BCS there is at 100 meat. Of course, checking the mall is unnecessary.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is presumably a side effect of the "if you can't interact, your items will end up in storage" change; it tried to purchase from the NPC, didn't see the count go up in storage, and moved on to the next PurchaseRequest in its search results, which happened to be a mall store.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is fixed, hopefully? Since I just beat up Wu Tang the Betrayer, I can't test it myself. :)

Bale

Minion
I'm waiting for the new challenge path to roll out before I ascend back into hardcore, so I can't test it for 2 days. I'll let you know then.

Isn't there anything else you could test it on, like hairspray for instance? Even in WotSF that's reasonably cheap.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Oh, fine. I'm trying to save up 1,000 Meat so I can open the Dungeon of Doom, finally, and you just delayed that by AT LEAST a turn. ;)

> ash buy(1, $item[hair spray], 24)

Searching for "hair spray"...
Search complete.
Purchasing hair spray (1 @ 22)...
You acquire an item: hair spray
You spent 22 Meat
Purchases complete.
Returned: 1

Bale

Minion
Ouch. Sorry for that. I was thinking that at level 11 you might be in a slightly more solvent position. Good luck replacing that 22 meat!

Glad to know that the bug was solved.

Fixed in r14368 by lost. Right?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Right.

It has been literally years since I've done a Fistcore run and I have completely forgotten how to use the various Fist skills available to me. Like using Salamander Kata to give myself MP regen, rather than letting KoLmafia deciding that going to Doc Galaktik was a good way to refresh my MP. Which has a lot to do with why I am temporarily insolvent. ;)

Bale

Minion
Oh dear. At least you didn't forget the importance of drinking to maximum at the beginning of the day for the sake of Drunken Baby Fist, right?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've been doing fine with Drunken Baby Fist, even with 0 inebriety - although, that is obviously not going to hold up at higher levels. I've been letting my Happy Medium generate drinks for me, so they come in over a period of time, rather than all being available at the beginning of the day.

I have two more Fistcore runs to go after this one - Wu Tang has my last remaining unknown factoids - so I'm sure I'll figure it out again.

Bale

Minion
Secret Fist was a fun challenge path. I kinda wish that Jick made more like that one. It was good because it took away something we take for granted while giving a new toy to play with that compensated for that lack in a new way. It remixed the game in a way that made it slightly novel albeit overpowered. Of course, not as overpowered as Pete. Nothing is more overpowered than Pete.