Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MMG Martingale script

Default MMG Martingale script

MMG Martingale Script

I never play the MMG. Danger is not my middle name. But someone requested this script, so I thought after writing it for the requester I would share it with y'all. I will say, in testing it out I made over 5000 meat! Haha.

This script does pretty much what the title says. It plays the Money Making Game using the Martingale strategy. It will abort if at any time you don't have enough meat to place the next bet, and it will run as many chains as you specify.

Variables you can edit at the top of the script:

boolean bet_hagnks - choose the source of your betting money. Default is Hagnk's (true).
    float factor - every time you lose, you bet a larger amount (X times your previous bet) until you win. The Martigale strategy gives 2 for X, but you may want to change that, as mentioned on the aforelinked wiki page.

How to use it:
    • Download the script to your scripts directory.
    • Optionally, tweak the aforementioned variables.
    • Run the script, either by selecting it from the scripts menu or typing "martingale" in the CLI. It will ask you for your starting bet, and the number of Martingale chains to run (enter 0 for infinite chains).
    • ...profit! (sometimes)

Note for scripters: If you have your own surefire MMG strategy and would like to script it, I made sure that the place_bet() function was flexible for other strategies. It places a bet and returns true if you win, false if you lose. If you don't have enough meat to place the bet, it aborts. Have fun!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zarqon; 02-04-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: new tags
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Default Re: MMG Martingale script

Very cool beans, Z.

I found a minor bug

Code:
    if (amt > 100000000) print("Chain maxed out past 100000000. You are very, very, very unlucky.","red");
    should be changed to

Code:
    if (amt > 100000000) print("Chain maxed out past 100000000. You are very, very, very dumb.","red");
    :P

Haha!

Maybe there's no such thing as luck, and they mean the same!

Oh -- and you definitely play the MMG right? I mean, Danger is your first name...
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Hooray for automated meatsinks!
    My scripts: Ascend for automatic ascensions, Farm to make more money than castlefarming, EatDrink for the maximum number of turns each day, LevelUp to gain a level safely, and PullCrap to manage your pulls in ronin.

Question - does it just keep idling until someone has taken the bet? (Countdown : 10 seconds)

Thanks.

Also, why does it KMail you? And, finally, any chance of it logging?
    Last edited by Federalist; 02-18-2009 at 09:35 PM.

1) Yes. It will idle until someone takes your bet. You could go into the script and change the number to a larger one if you're commonly waiting a long time and would like to save server hits.

2) You're welcome!

3) It kmails me only once the first time you run the script because I used the notify command.

4) I believe everything that it prints to the CLI is logged, right? If not, what would you like it to log?
    Sig by JakAtk

1) Yes. It will idle until someone takes your bet. You could go into the script and change the number to a larger one if you're commonly waiting a long time and would like to save server hits.

2) You're welcome!

3) It kmails me only once the first time you run the script because I used the notify command.

4) I believe everything that it prints to the CLI is logged, right? If not, what would you like it to log?
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    Erm, when I said 'log', I hadn't realized that on my next login in gave me all the information. One more question - is there any way to tell me what it's doing? Such as, "Placing 1000 Meat Bet!" "Placing 2000 Meat Bet!" "Placing 4000 Meat Bet!" ?

Watch the CLI when it runs and you'll see it does that. You probably should always watch the CLI when running scripts.
    Sig by JakAtk

Watch the CLI when it runs and you'll see it does that. You probably should always watch the CLI when running scripts.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    Ah, great. Thanks. As a beggining script-user, are there any scripts/downloads other than the basic Mafia download I should look into?

Yeah, take a look all over this forum. It depends what you want to automate, but Mafia can basically do it all. (except mallbots) What scripts there are, you can find.
    Sig by JakAtk