One-Click Level: Automatically gain 1 level.

dj_d

One-Click Level

dedicated to fewyn and the hard-working mods at kolmafia.us

It's pretty simple: Download the script and the two data files and run it by typing "levelup.ash" at the CLI. Welcome to the next level!

Lots of changes - I don't remember them all. Less stupid on many fronts, including things like not trying to level up in places that get you drunk, auto-adjusting your mcd while you adventure, and working from data files so that you can exclude places you don't want to adventure in (note: renumber the first column if you do this, though, or it will break - the #s have to be contiguous). Also lots of handy ingredient functions used by... other... scripts.

LevelUp 2.1.0

Version checking should work with zLib r27 or newer.
Changed MCD logic to use area available functions in response to Valhalla changes instead of just moon sign.

Attachments

• LevelUp.ash
    11.7 KB · Views: 320
  • locs_by_xp.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 342
  • locs_by_meat.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 309
Last edited by a moderator:

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
[quote author=dj_d link=topic=2102.msg10660#msg10660 date=1229996080]
Might want to make it not adventure in the Tavern... just a leetle suggestion.
[/quote]

crap... dj_d i accidently edited your post when i meant to reply :(

dabmarina

when i try to use the script it says it can not find safe.ash. i have used safe and have them in the same folder. any ideas on how to fix the problem. also i dont know what my safety threshold should be.

zarqon

Your safety threshold should be:

0: absolutely never get hit
3: very seldom get hit
6: if you can handle occasional hits
>6: if you have skills to take monsters down before they hurt you too much.

A safetyThreshold of 7 would mean that your moxie will be directly equal to the monster's attack.

As you acquire skills or ascend into a different class, you may need to periodically optimize your threshold. To change your safety threshold, enter this in the CLI:

set safetyThreshold = 6

Be aware that this setting is per-character. This is so you can customize settings for each character without needing to edit scripts.

blue

Sending kmail to dj_d...
Checking if a version newer than this one (LevelUp.ash 1.01) is available.
Adventuring to level=25, or you're out of adventures. Processing all locations...
none is OK, as it will do < 20 of your HP in damage if you get hit.
Nowhere to adventure that's safe right now!
You acquire scroll of drastic healing (12)

> levelup.ash

Adventuring to level=25, or you're out of adventures. Processing all locations...
none is OK, as it will do < 1 of your HP in damage if you get hit.

> levelup.ash

none is OK, as safemox is below your moxie.

Ok so I tryed it and it gives me an error. I understood the first 2 but the last one not... It isn't normal to give You the message that it's not safe to adventure if I have too much Moxie...

And I'm not out of adventures... I have 400+

dj_d

The script can't find locs_by_meat and locs_by_xp. Put those files in your kolmafia directory or your scripts directory and you should be good to go.

blue

It worked!
But there seems to be some problems with it... I baught effects, potions etc... worth 700k had 2 ice sickles and yeah the whole equipment for fast leveling. It adventures 340 adventures and it got me 7 moxie points only...

MapleMario

Typo! Line 329:

Code:
    if (!contains_text(visit_url("plans.php"), "beanstalk"))

Shouldn't it be plains.php?

EDIT: I haven't tested the actual script yet; just something I noticed.

Last edited:
Try making the "=" to a "=="

Is there an easy way to figure out which line is 264? I dumped the whole script into Word and did autonumbering, but it skips the extra lines. I am guessing that it is the locations string, but I am guessing. I have no programming experience!

Then I saved it as a .txt file, and then my version of the script will not work.

Is there an easy way to figure out which line is 264? I dumped the whole script into Word and did autonumbering, but it skips the extra lines. I am guessing that it is the locations string, but I am guessing. I have no programming experience!

Then I saved it as a .txt file, and then my version of the script will not work.

Not that I know of, I just wasted 2 minutes trying to fix it by counting every line by hand.

Bale

Minion
Is there an easy way to figure out which line is 264?
Yes there is! Read below!

Not that I know of, I just wasted 2 minutes trying to fix it by counting every line by hand.

Why are you counting by hand? If you're using notepad, just look at the status bar. It lists the line number that your cursor is at. Just scroll down. Click on a line and read the line number. Then make an estimation of how far you are above or below the line and check the line number again. (Repeat until you find the correct line number.)

It is a LOT more accurate and faster than having to count the line numbers.

Bale

Minion
Well, I use TextWrangler now, and I'm not sure how to find it there.
I've never used TextWrangler, but I'd STILL recommend checking the status bar. Taking a look at the screenshots on their website I'd say that the first number is the line number and the second number is the character on that line. Of course I could be wrong since I only have screenshots to judge from.

Am I completely misinterpreting those screenies?

kain

notepad++ is superb, and does line numbers as well, and a TON of additional infinitely helpful features