WTF Relay script collection

fredg1

Can I know why the script automatically opens every Inventory Section? Is it possible to not make it do that?

I recently retried checking "Close All Inventory Sections By Default" ("Delay Loading of Collapsed Inventory Sections" is checked) for I-forgot-why, and when going in my inventory, the sections WERE all collapsed! (Doesn't happen normally)

I opened "hats", and everything was normal; each equipment piece had its enchantments described as usual (after the loading, of course).

Every time I opened my inventory afterward, inventorywtf restarted automatically opening the sections, as usual...

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Seems like WTF Familiars breaks if you have generic familiar equipment.

It actually broke from not importing the data file correctly... I think this was a Mafia change a while back that required "data/familiars.txt" instead of just "familiars.txt".
I also cleaned up the code a bit and added some special abilities for new fams.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It actually broke from not importing the data file correctly... I think this was a Mafia change a while back that required "data/familiars.txt" instead of just "familiars.txt".
I also cleaned up the code a bit and added some special abilities for new fams.

How long ago is a while back? None of my scripts require data/ as a preface to the data file name if it is in data. Given the JavaScript changes it is possible that there is a real mafia bug here in which case it would be worth reporting and fixing.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
How long ago is a while back? None of my scripts require data/ as a preface to the data file name if it is in data. Given the JavaScript changes it is possible that there is a real mafia bug here in which case it would be worth reporting and fixing.

I don't know when it stopped working... some of my other scripts are fine, but this is definitely a thing:
Code:
    string[string, string, string] dattxt;
    file_to_map("data/familiars.txt",dattxt);
    string[string, string, string] famtxt;
    file_to_map("familiars.txt",famtxt);
    print("famtxt = "+count(famtxt)+", dattxt = "+count(dattxt));

Yields this:

famtxt = 0, dattxt = 277

This result would be the same for other Mafia data files (classskills.txt, combats.txt, concoctions.txt, etc.). file_to_map() seems to work just fine without the "data/" if the file is user-created and actually in the 'data' folder and not packaged with Mafia itself.

Last edited:

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Frono, it was probably gausie’s changes to file_to_map to insure better compliance with the chroot jail.

r20495

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
OK. I tend to forget that some data files live in the user's local file system and some live in the mafia jar but they are accessed the same way in ash. If I had remembered I would have responded differently. I'll confirm that the script of mine that should be broken, actually is.

VladYvhuce

Uh... Why is Big Rock showing up with house item info?

Attachments

• b9f81bfa3cf642aa73019263073ab1f6.png
    b9f81bfa3cf642aa73019263073ab1f6.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 8

adeyke

I don't know if it's a sufficient explanation, but KoLmafia uses the big rock as placeholder for the absence of dwelling. You start out the campground with just "the ground", but that isn't an item.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Uh... Why is Big Rock showing up with house item info?
@Veracity is working on gardens and dealing with the issue that the same string describes a garden and a dwelling (some kind of pumpkin but since I don't have any I have not been paying attention). Perhaps this is related to those changes? Maybe the visibility of Big Rock as a place holder changed?

ckb

Minion
Staff member
From "modifiers.txt":
Code:
# big rock is used as a placeholder for "the ground" (when you have no housing)
Item    big rock    Base Resting HP: +4, Base Resting MP: +5

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Nothing has changed regarding this it. get_dwelling() returns $item[big rock] if you have no dwelling - and that item has resting-related modifiers.

This is from modifiers.txt:

Code:
# big rock is used as a placeholder for "the ground" (when you have no housing)
Item    big rock    Base Resting HP: +4, Base Resting MP: +5

which results in

Code:
> ash string_modifier($item[big rock], "Modifiers")

Returned: Base Resting HP: +4, Base Resting MP: +5

It is working as intended.

VladYvhuce

Good to know. I was wondering if I'd missed some sort of weird way to use the rock as a house during a period of not playing the game for a while, or if something was goofed up, or what. If all is well with it as is, then that's awesome.

Cratmang(hetti)

Hey, could you update WTF Familiars so that it shows Mu has Elemental attack AND Elemental Resistance? It's a little thing, but it bugs me.
1705166160093.png
1705166404467.png

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Hey, could you update WTF Familiars so that it shows Mu has Elemental attack AND Elemental Resistance? It's a little thing, but it bugs me.

I can do that.
I have not updated this in a while. Are there any other familiars with special abilities that need more detail?

Cratmang(hetti)

Going by my collection, from what I think is most to least important...
  • Piranha Plant needs [COMBAT: PHYS ATK].
  • Xiblaxian Holo-Companion needs [COMBAT: +INIT]
  • BRICKO chick could be tagged with [AFTER: BRICKO BRICKS] or something along that line.
  • Gelatinous Cubeling can drop useful items for the Daily Dungeon. Granted, every KoL player worth their salt should already have those items... Unless they've recently started a Hardcore run.
  • Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot, Coacobo, and Fuzzy Dice (and also maybe Stocking Mimic, Hanukkimbo Dreidl, and Feather Boa Constrictor, but I don't have those) have a chance of dropping meat during the first ten rounds of combat. Granted, it's a small amount based on their current weight, but I'd still tag them with [COMBAT: +MEAT]. If you want specific numbers, there's a table on the wiki.
  • Remove [NOTHING] from Stooper? It does do something, even if it's a minor passive effect, and it has the [INEBRIETY] tag already.
  • Lil' Barrel Mimic can drop random items after combat, including burritos, drinks made from Cocktailcrafting, Crappy to Epic spleen items that are usually found in-run, and some HP/MP restores (Full list on wiki, which I needed to refer to). Given that the only noteworthy items (in my opinion) are the Insanely Spicy Enchanted Bean Burrito and the Scroll of Drastic Healing, I'm on the fence as to whether or not you should include a special tag for this.
  • Party Mouse has a small chance of giving you booze after combat, though it's barely mentionable.
  • Li'l Xenomorph does have a physical attack, but it only uses it while on the moons, or if you have certain buffs active. Assuming we're looking at more general use, probably not worth tagging.