Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Provide a auto-checklist of 1x/ascension things

Default Provide a auto-checklist of 1x/ascension things

Would it be possible to create something like the Daily Deeds or Session Results that would just provide an auto-updated checklist of things that can only be done once per session? It is hard to keep track of which ones have been done, and I often end up trying to redo them.

A partial list of things that would be nice to track include:
    - Completing Dis
    - Completing Elves Shield
    - Getting Thinknerd t-shirt and toy
    - Completing Sea Monkees
    - Getting Secret of the Future
    - Getting silver shrimp fork
    - Getting eternal car battery
    - Slaying Ratsworth
    - Dwarvish War item

I know some of these are related to quests, but even then, it requires me to pull up completed quests and try to find them among all the others.

There may be others that people would like. I tried to look through https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/...scension_items and choose ones I thought made sense, but maybe there are others people would also like.

Wouldn't this best be served by a relay script? Most of these have tracking preferences which the relay script could pull up... I know that Guide is a very popular such relay script already.

Hmm... I don't see anything called 'Guide' under relay scripts. Is it called something else?

It isn't part of the default distribution:

https://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?14784-Guide

Ah, that was under info scripts. Got it. I'll try this out.

Ah, that was under info scripts. Got it. I'll try this out.
    Originally Posted by QVamp View Post
    The headers can be clicked on to change sorting, so the next time you have trouble finding something, you can click on the "Script Name" header and find it without recourse to category.

PS. Guide is one of the most awesome scripts I have ever used.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

I cobbled together this back in the day, I'm not sure if it covers anything Guide doesn't though, and I am sure that there aare quite a few things guide covers which this script doesn't I guess I should update it one of these days....

Code:
    void main() {
        string campground = visit_url("campground.php");
        string dwelling = visit_url("campground.php?action=inspectdwelling");
        string quest_log_main = visit_url("questlog.php?which=2");
        string quest_log_accomplishment = visit_url("questlog.php?which=3");
        boolean check; string current_karma;

print("############################################", "blue");
        print("CAMPGROUND:","blue");
        check = campground.contains_text("pagoda.gif");
        print("You " + (check? "have a pagoda." : "don't have a pagoda"), check? "blue" : "red"); 
        check = dwelling.contains_text("maid2.gif") || dwelling.contains_text("maid.gif");
        print(!check? "You don't have a meat maid!" : (dwelling.contains_text("maid2.gif")? "You have a clockwork maid." : "You have a meat maid."), check? "blue" : "red");
        print("QUESTS AND STUFF:","blue");
        print("You have " + (have_familiar($familiar[El Vibrato Megadrone])? "" : "not ") + "acquired an El Vibrato Megadrone.",have_familiar($familiar[El Vibrato Megadrone])? "blue" : "red");
        check = quest_log_main.contains_text("Despite being aided by");
        print("You have " + (check? "" : "not ") + "defeated your nemesis.", check? "blue" : "red");
        check = quest_log_main.contains_text("You've found Azazel's unicorn, his loll");
        print("You have " + (check? "" : "not " ) + "gotten your organ of steel.", check? "blue" : "red");
        check = quest_log_main.contains_text("You've used the power of all six elements");
        print("You have " + (check? "" : "not ") + "found the secret from the future.", check? "blue" : "red");
        check = quest_log_main.contains_text("You discovered and dug up the Pork Elves' rew");
        print("You have " + (check? "finished the Hyboria quest." : (quest_log_main.contains_text("Having defeated the High Priest of Ki'rhuss")? "not dug up your pork elf piece." : "not finished the Hyboria quest.")), check? "blue" : "red");
        check = quest_log_main.contains_text("You remember creating an unstoppable supervirus");
        print("You have " + (check? "" : "not ") + " created a supervirus.", check? "blue" : "red");
        check = quest_log_main.contains_text("You've successfully delivered a package, and b");
        print("You have " + (check? "" : "not " ) + "obtained a piece of the Dwarvish War Uniform.", check? "blue" : "red");
        check = quest_log_main.contains_text("Congratulations! You've saved a few of the elves");
        print("You have " + (check? "" : "not ") + "repaired the elves shield generator.", check? "blue" : "red");
        check = quest_log_accomplishment.contains_text("You have summoned the UB3r 31337 HaX0R.");
        print("You have " + (check? "" : "not ") + "summoned the UB3r 31337 HaX0R.", check? "blue" : "red");
        check = quest_log_main.contains_text("You helped the Old Man retrieve his boot from The Sea");
        print("You have " + (check? "" : "not ") + "retrieved the Old Man's boot from the sea.", check? "blue" : "red");
        /*check = quest_log_accomplishment.contains_text("");
        print((check? : ), check? "blue" : "red");*/

matcher karma_check = create_matcher( "current Karmic balance is (\\d+)\." , quest_log_accomplishment );    
        if( karma_check.find() ) {
            current_karma = karma_check.group( 1 );
        } else {
            print("Seems you don't have any karma?", "red");
            exit;
        }
        print("KARMA BALANCE:" + current_karma ,"blue");

}

Guide doesn't cover everything on his list and yours does cover a few things that Guide laks, such as the pork elves and secret from the future.

KoLmafia doesn't even check the following
    - Getting Thinknerd t-shirt and toy
    - Getting silver shrimp fork
    - Getting eternal car battery

Those would require a new mafia feature.

I don't see this ever being a feature of mafia, since it's a neverending thing to maintain and there are so many things that may or may not belong on the list.

wow... while Guide does have a lot of things, it seems to be more focused on 'here are the billion things you -could- do (and it is NOT happy when you start it in aftercore). If that's where you all feel the request should go, I can ask for these additions of that script owner instead.

lostcalpolydude... I get what you're saying, but that's true of every part of the game. The Daily Deeds themselves is a perfect example of this - I'm sure it is not complete by every single person's standards, and there are always requests to add things to it.

Bale - I'm not sure I understand. Should I put in a request to have those things tracked? And are fighting 'The Thing with No Name' and repairing the Shield Generator already tracked?

erinion - that looks like a good place to start for me. I like the guide, but may need something of my own too, if this isn't a candidate for mafia.