EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

aavocado

Is there a way of making EatDrink.ash favor items already owned, with perhaps a weight multiplier? I would like to script to consider mall items, while still favor using items already owned. For example, a 1.5x weighting for items already owned.

Theraze

Why? Either you're dealing with mall prices or you aren't. If you aren't, disable the mall. If you are, then cheap is good. Either or.

Theraze

That being said, while HC or ronin SC, you can set autosellWhileRonin and it will use autosell prices for inventory items instead of mall prices. Though that means irreplaceable items will go away.

xKiv

I guess it makes some sense to consider items in inventory worth less than what they would cost in mall (because I expect them to not sell when *I* put them in at that price), but more than autosell (to better reflect potential future cost of replacement, or something)?
If that was the case, then it might be sufficient to say something like "treat at autosell prices if amount in inventory is at least X"?

I am definitely at least 90% with Theraze on this. You shouldn't be multiplying value of something just because you can't sell it at mall prices.
There's a big difference between treating something as as-cheap-as-possible (worst case: autosell it and use the proceeds to buy something with better adventure yields) and adding weight to its value (worst case: you will spend extra millions worth of resources to *lower* your actual yields; this is much worse result than just keeping them in inventory)

killmetohell

i need some help with using i'm new using mafia, eatdrink, and haven't read much on these posts i having problems with what its outputting as cost its say the cost for items was like 10k meat but cost about 8k.i have set value of adv 100 and i was wondering how fix cost value and how to change it because i read on some of it and doesn't seem to effect it in anyway so don't know what i was doing wrong.

Darzil

Developer
To prevent using it to create mallbots, Mafia only knows the 5th cheapest price (it still buys the cheapest) which is probably the reason for the difference.

xKiv

It's also safer estimate if you are buying more than 1, and especially if you are buying 5+.

killmetohell

To prevent using it to create mallbots, Mafia only knows the 5th cheapest price (it still buys the cheapest) which is probably the reason for the difference.
oh at least i know why now.

It's also safer estimate if you are buying more than 1, and especially if you are buying 5+.
I'm pretty certain that's not it i know it was buying more than 1 i calculated it all what meat for and how many it got.

Now is there anyway to change budget for meat because i want to see if my total cost would by lessen oh i don't know this but I'm on first run does spleen does anything because i looked it up and i know it can give adv. for item used but i don't know if i can use it or not due i think pose to be for different paths.

Tom Sawyer

Would anyone know why this script having worked so well for some time now only drinks to 18 instead of 19 and gives the error "Eat Drink has failed to fill your organs to completion?" I read some of the prior posts and went in and adjusted the value of the main stat and tried it again but it once more only drank to 18. I do use Harvest and went in tried adjusting settings there to no avail. I could purge the scripts but just reaching out to see if there is a hidden value somewhere that I can reset.

fxer

I have 16 base spleen and at the start of the day cast 17 sweet synthensis (so using 1 mojo filter). But in my script I have imported eatdrink.ash and when I call EatDrink() with fulless_limit()/inebriety_limit()/spleen_limit() eatdrink doesn't use 2 more mojo to stuff in some spleen adventures, it doesn't even appear to do the calculations if it would be worth it? I have valueOfAdventure set to 6000. However if I call eatdrink *before* I'm at my spleen limit (say I'm at 15 spleen) then eatdrink *does* deicide to use mojo filters to jam in more spleen adv foods.

Is this how it is supposed to work? If so, do I need to call eatdrink with spleen_limit()+remaining_mojos in my case only? Thanks!

Ima Felyn

So I'm having a problem with this script now, I was on KoLmafia-18346.jar and everything was fine, then upgraded to KoLmafia-18373.jar last night and I now get an error that goes something like "Eastdrink.ash could not fill spleen" when I run Harvest.ash, any ideas?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
So I'm having a problem with this script now, I was on KoLmafia-18346.jar and everything was fine, then upgraded to KoLmafia-18373.jar last night and I now get an error that goes something like "Eastdrink.ash could not fill spleen" when I run Harvest.ash, any ideas?

See this post in the Harvest thread. http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?7...farming-script&p=145740&viewfull=1#post145740

EatDrink is doing just fine for me. Most adventure giving spleen items were nerfed. Since it is trying to generate adventures, if there is nothing that will use spleen to do so, it does nothing. That's just fine and the problem here is that Harvest requires a full spleen if a consumption script is used.

coandco

I just pushed out an update to Harvest.ash to make it no longer die if the desired fullness levels aren't reached, so this shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Ima Felyn

Hey thanks for the fix! I haven't tried it yet but does this now fill the spleen or does it just keep on going when the error pops?

As I said earlier above, KoLmafia-18346.jar was fine, my spleen would end up 15/15, etc. but with KoLmafia-18373.jar and probably later, it would halt, going back to KoLmafia-18346.jar and everything worked again, so I guess it's a small regression in KoLmafia somewhere between those builds.

Magus_Prime

It doesn't really have anything to do with KoLmafia since it's a change to KoL. Spleen no longer grants adventures in most cases and, since EatDrink is not finding any spleen items that grant adventures, does not fill your spleen.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Hey thanks for the fix! I haven't tried it yet but does this now fill the spleen or does it just keep on going when the error pops?

As I said earlier above, KoLmafia-18346.jar was fine, my spleen would end up 15/15, etc. but with KoLmafia-18373.jar and probably later, it would halt, going back to KoLmafia-18346.jar and everything worked again, so I guess it's a small regression in KoLmafia somewhere between those builds.

Nope. Spleen items no longer grant adventures. That is a KoL change. If mafia lies to EatDrink and says an item grants adventures then EatDrink will gladly consume items even though doing so generates no adventures. EatDrink then fills the spleen, generating no adventures by doing so, and Harvest continues because it wanted a full spleen. The reason your results vary with version is because the data file got corrected to agree with KoL reality. It is not a KoLmafia problem and not due to a "small regression".