EatDrink.ash: Optimize your daily diet (and see how your old diet stacks up).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
It looks like this script uses zlib vars, as opposed to preferences. Try using "zlib eatdrink_avoid_blood-soaked_sponge_cake = true"? (spaces are apparently necessary for zlib's main() function)

fxer

Hmmm not seeing this work with eatdrink 3.2 from svn:

> zlib eatdrink_avoid_blood-soaked_sponge_cake = true
No setting named 'eatdrink_avoid_blood-soaked_sponge_cake' exists.

I had to manually edit /data/vars_myCharName.txt and add
eatdrink_avoid_blood-soaked_sponge_cake true

(make sure that's a tab not a space dividing the setting and value

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Theraze - it's been four months. Are you listening and coming back?

It would be quite nice if Eatdrink understood what can only be consumed and cannot be consumed in Dark Gyfte.

Theraze

Sorry, still shuffling along but so very distracted and it's been months since I switched back to the window with the forum. Oops. Anyways, EatDrink should now check against the Vampyre in the notes field and only allow those for DG, ban otherwise.

Ragumagoon

I'm having a hard time using this and was wondering if I could get some help. I'm a really new player and when I try to run it it gives me an error saying that it's unable to buy me a chef or bartender in a box. I'm okay with doing without for now as I don't have enough meat to purchase one but the script wont run without it how can I fix?

Magus_Prime

I'm not sure when the last time EatDrink worked but I get this now.

Code:
Starting EatDrink.ash (version 3.2).
Consuming up to 15 food, 20 booze, and 0 spleen
Considering food from inventory Hagnk's Coinmasters NPCs the mall. Per-item budget cap is 0.0.
Retrieval cap is 20000. Price will be a factor if you own it already.
An adventure has the value of 500 meat. Moxie subpoint is 10.0. Nonprime stat subpoint is 2.0.
Simulating only; no purchases or food/drink/spleen consumption.
Pass 1: booze.
booze: At 0, consuming to 20 with 0 meat.
No booze available that's good enough. Found 0 items first. Moving on.
Pass 2: food.
food: At 0, consuming to 15 with 0 meat.
No food available that's good enough. Found 0 items first. Moving on.
Pass 3: spleen.
Skipping spleen.
Pass 4: booze.
Skipping booze.
choc: Checking non-filling crimbo chocolates - all 3 kinds
Best find was chocolate disco ball with a value of -3897. That's no good, so not consuming and moving on.
Finished.
Spent 0 meat with additional expenditures of 0 meat. Gained Fullness: 0. Inebriety: 0. Spleen: 0.
Adventures: 0. Muscle: 0. Moxie: 0. Mysticality: 0.
Eating, drinking, and spleening complete. Commence merrymaking (at your own discretion).

I've tried changing value per adventure but no luck. Suggestions are welcome.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
At 0, consuming to 20 with 0 meat.

That strongly suggests to me that you have no meat available to acquire food or drink.

I still run ED daily and except for not understanding milk anymore it works fine for me.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I agree with your interpretation but it makes no sense. The character has quite a bit of meat available.

Does mafia think all that meat is available? Are you willing to try not simulating and see what happens? The usual questions about being allowed to buy from the mall and having autobuy price set to something reasonable could be asked but I'm not sure ED would give that introductory output if one of those were wrong.

just to make sure that any claims I make from looking at the script are valid, are you running teh latest SVN version with no local mods?

Crowther

Since your item budget cap is zero. Either eatdrink_priceFlexibility or eatdrink_budget must be zero. You can run "zlib eatdrink" to see all these values. By default they should be 1.25 and 20000.

Magus_Prime

Somehow eatdrink_budget was set to zero. It is now set to the default. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens. Thank you!

Edit: eatdrink_budget was the problem. Thank you!

Last edited:

GwynMyrddin

So, this is working fine for me with both food and drink, but for spleen I get the following:

"Pass 3: spleen.
spleen: At 0, consuming to 15 with 329985180 meat.
Best find was none with a value of 0. That's no good, so not consuming and moving on.
Best find was none with a value of 0. That's no good, so not consuming and moving on.
No spleen available that's good enough. Found 0 items first. Moving on."

Anyone know what might be wrong?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'd have to look at the code but EatDrink often does not want to fill my spleen because mall prices are too high for my value of adventure.

GwynMyrddin

I'd have to look at the code but EatDrink often does not want to fill my spleen because mall prices are too high for my value of adventure.
Does it only try to pull spleen items that give adventures? Because yeah, I could see how most of them would be too expensive for the settings. I don't know why I thought it would also try and optimize value for stats too.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Does it only try to pull spleen items that give adventures? Because yeah, I could see how most of them would be too expensive for the settings. I don't know why I thought it would also try and optimize value for stats too.
Last I checked it was adventure focused and would not use any spleen item unless they generated adventures.

I have not really thought about investigating that or scripting. If I am in run then there are usually so few spleen items that I can just use Item Manager to see what I have and consume them. Out of run I usually don't care about stats.