WHAM, Manual and 43 reasons to be confused.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I admit I am obsessing way too much about this. I spend $10 almost every time I take a friend to Starbucks. But 12 million meat seems like a very precious amount that must not be squandered lightly. I think Jick et. al. may have the key to Fronobulax's Jar of Psychoses.

My never ascending character will fight a faxed warbear high ranking officer daily because it is amusing, usually generates three whosits (which can be spent via bot) and in the absence of any personal research to prove the contrary, may drop a requisition box. But sometimes the bear wins. I infer from other threads that the ecosystem of SS, BB and WHAM, when presented with the data from a Manual equipped character will do a better job against high ranking officers than when the Manual data is absent.

True?

No matter what the answer is, am I being less than rational by not buying a manual for this character, as well as every other character I run using a high degree of automation?

Discuss.

Thank you.

Darzil

Developer
You'll have better data of HP, Attack and Defence, though if you're not copying they won't vary that much, as the progression is just based on how many you've killed that day and the type.

High Ranking officers have Attack, Defence and HP at 150 +/- 10%, rising 5% per Warbear killed. So if you're only killing one, 135-165 in each stat.

It's more likely that it's drones and their attacks that are killing you, as they do a base % of your HP, so you'd probably get more milage from a clever combat script than a Manual.

I don't personally use SS, BB or WHAM, so cannot comment on that.

Theraze

If you only fight one a day, just give it a standard combat set. I suggest either Harpoon! or a nice spell, but anything similar should be fine for automating the first 5-10 warbears. Past that, you'd definitely want the Manuel for actually accurately knowing their stats and weaknesses. Since BatBrain knows their weaknesses and how that modifies their stats, but that doesn't help if you don't have accurate stats to start with.

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, normal monsters are +/- 5%, capped at +/- 5. Warbears are +/- 10% and uncapped, so can vary massively in comparison.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thank you. Having revisited the wiki page it seems that I am pretty close to having optimal damage output since I usually see 15+15 damage done by every attack. My problem seems to be that I don't heal and I don't always respond or prepare for the drones properly so my best solution is something that can counter the damage done by drones or does better healing in combat. Now that I know that is what I need to do...

Theraze

Also remember that it's capped at 15 per type, not 15 overall for physical and non. So if you do a nice maximize elemental damage check in there, you can actually do 90 damage per round rather than 30 without penetration. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Also remember that it's capped at 15 per type, not 15 overall for physical and non. So if you do a nice maximize elemental damage check in there, you can actually do 90 damage per round rather than 30 without penetration. :)

Thank you.

Bale

Minion
I'd recommend doing a maximize for "prismatic dmg" not "elemental dmg" since the two are not the same thing. Prismatic will try to get spread the damage across all elements while elemental will be happy maximizing a single element as long as it can get a high score.

Theraze

Ah, I always forget that damage and res have different modifiers that do completely different things. Prismatic, elemental, all... between damage and res, it would be nice if we could consistently just hit the win-maximize string. :)