EoD Softcore Ascension Script

I just started another run on my alt with this script, and noticed that the script pulls both a clockwork maid and a meat maid. That greatly confuses me. Am I missing something, or is that just wasting a pull since those are mutually exclusive?

Zen00

The meat maid was pulled to be untinkered for a meat engine for the meat car. However it's as most things in this script a old thing that doesn't really need to be done anymore.

I've been working on a Ed Script that I will post soon (it is working 90%) which you will be encouraged to use rather than this script, as it can get you faster runs (3-days depending on how many skills/mr. store items you have) and gets you more karma (HC runs).

Ah, that makes sense.

That does sound useful, though my alt has some Standard runs to get through first before hardcore karma farming. I suspect others will want to use this sort of script to burn through Normal Standard runs for rewards, if nothing else.

axtheb

Is there any reason why pirate_maximize and pirate_maximize2 do not contain the "+mainweapon+", part? Using melee weapon (as AT) there was not very effective for me.

Boometh

I just picked up this script today. Does it still work?
I started an AT run today, but it broke down before doing any adventuring. Here's my CLI text:

> call scripts\EoD SC Ascension\EoDSCDay1.ash

autoSatisfyWithNPCs => true
autoSatisfyWithMall => true
autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters => true
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.25
mpAutoRecovery => 0.25
hpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.95
hpAutoRecovery => 0.75
recoveryScript => Universal_recovery
baleUr_AlwaysContinue => true
CCS set to EoDMoxieATAscend
(but battle action is currently set to attack with weapon)
Loading character status...

Name: Boometh
Class: Accordion Thief

Lv: 1
HP: 27 / 27
MP: 27 / 27

Mus: 2, tnp = 5
Mys: 1, tnp = 3
Mox: 3, tnp = 7

Advs: 40
Meat: 0

Full: 0 / 15
Drunk: 0 / 14
Spleen: 0 / 15

Loading items for Astral Consumption [Astral Spleen] of path [Standard] and class of [Accordion Thief] for Day [1].
Loading items from: EoD_SCAscensionItems_Boometh.txt
No items found for Astral Spleen of path Standard and class of Accordion Thief for Day 1
Restoring your KoLMafia Settings
autoSatisfyWithNPCs => false
autoSatisfyWithMall => false
autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters => false
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.3
mpAutoRecovery => -0.05
hpAutoRecoveryTarget => 1.0
hpAutoRecovery => -0.05
recoveryScript =>
CCS set to default
baleUr_AlwaysContinue => false
Your KoLMafia Settings have been restored!

I'm not sure why I'm getting this error, as I do have the astral energy drinks - three of them, even. What should I do?

Totentanz

I just picked up this script today. Does it still work?
I started an AT run today, but it broke down before doing any adventuring. Here's my CLI text:

> call scripts\EoD SC Ascension\EoDSCDay1.ash

autoSatisfyWithNPCs => true
autoSatisfyWithMall => true
autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters => true
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.25
mpAutoRecovery => 0.25
hpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.95
hpAutoRecovery => 0.75
recoveryScript => Universal_recovery
baleUr_AlwaysContinue => true
CCS set to EoDMoxieATAscend
Loading character status...

Name: Boometh
Class: Accordion Thief

Lv: 1
HP: 27 / 27
MP: 27 / 27

Mus: 2, tnp = 5
Mys: 1, tnp = 3
Mox: 3, tnp = 7

Advs: 40
Meat: 0

Full: 0 / 15
Drunk: 0 / 14
Spleen: 0 / 15

Loading items for Astral Consumption [Astral Spleen] of path [Standard] and class of [Accordion Thief] for Day [1].
Loading items from: EoD_SCAscensionItems_Boometh.txt
No items found for Astral Spleen of path Standard and class of Accordion Thief for Day 1
Restoring your KoLMafia Settings
autoSatisfyWithNPCs => false
autoSatisfyWithMall => false
autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters => false
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.3
mpAutoRecovery => -0.05
hpAutoRecoveryTarget => 1.0
hpAutoRecovery => -0.05
recoveryScript =>
CCS set to default
baleUr_AlwaysContinue => false
Your KoLMafia Settings have been restored!

I'm not sure why I'm getting this error, as I do have the astral energy drinks - three of them, even. What should I do?

I had the same issue. It does work on a casual run but when you do softcore, it seems you get this error if you don't have all the items that the script wants to pull while in ronin. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with not detecting the actual astral spleen item itself but what items the script wants you to eat when you picked the astral spleen item as opposed to the astral food or booze. So making sure you have all the key lime pies as well as all the other items listed in the items txt file referenced in the error should get rid of this problem. I'm about to ascend with my AT today and will test it out after ascension to see if that fixes it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, there is the item acquisition feature in the relay script that you can run before ascension. Not sure if you already did that or not. I did it this time before ascending today and when I started my new life as an AT with the astral spleen item, the script ran without an error.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Just a suggestion, but maybe a check before fighting the Sorceress to see if you are level 14 - if so, devel to 13 before the fight.

Totentanz

To build on my last post... I don't know if you are still toying with this script or not, but a couple other things I've done:

-Incorporated slyz nemesis script throughout the four days so that your nemesis is ready to be destroyed after you free King Ralph.
-Attempt to pull and autosell the facs dictionary on day 1 if it is in inventory, and if not, then do pull/sell ring as usual.
-Delevel with knob goblin steroids before pounding the sorc if you've exceeded level 14

Not sure if that is interesting to anyone, but the extra 22 karma from discarding the instant karma each ascension adds up quick. Even adding in the nemesis stuff, I've still been routinely freeing the king in less than 1000 turns over 4 days with an AT. With DB I have had to finish by hand a few times after breaking ronin, but it still works pretty well. I also got it working very well with pastamancer and seal clubber, using nearly the same items as for the AT and DB, just tweaking the booze choices a bit and making sure to have their respective smithness weapons. That's just basically duplicating your item lists with a few changes, the only thing I did beyond that was have it reference WHAM for the CCS for those classes so the script would run.

Anyway, I kind of just got this working for me by looking at other code, I'm sure you could implement these features in a more elegant way than I did, if that's something you're still interested in.

Totentanz

You can save quite a number of turns by pulling an agua de vida to flyer Cyrus instead of using the GMOB. You can get Cyrus within 6 adventures or so using a clover. Granted this uses an extra pull on day 4.