Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide

Guide was telling me how many still uses I have left today, so I clicked on it to see exactly what my ingredients are. Sadly, it took me to the moxie guild which I could not enter.

It seems it would be more generally helpful (and also work for Pete) if it took me to shop.php?whichshop=still instead.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Ah! Thanks for fixing that in the update you just released. I really appreciate the elemental damage fix also since the extra accuracy is very important as low skilled hardcore Sneaky Pete since HP and elemental resistance are both in short supply.

I wish I could understand the meaning behind changing the line number in the Bugged Bugbear message. Speaking of messages, "Smoked Cheese" is really funny.

Pardon me for not commenting on all your other fixes and improvements although I appreciate them. I'll just finish the post by commenting that...

This Is equivalent to This
    my_class().to_int() > 6 !($classes[seal clubber, turtle tamer, pastamancer, sauceror, disco bandit, accordion thief] contains my_class())

Ah! Thanks for fixing that in the update you just released. I really appreciate the elemental damage fix also since the extra accuracy is very important as low skilled hardcore Sneaky Pete since HP and elemental resistance are both in short supply.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Ya, I might list the 22% survival amount, just because elemental resistance is a tricky thing in sneaky pete.

I wish I could understand the meaning behind changing the line number in the Bugged Bugbear message. Speaking of messages, "Smoked Cheese" is really funny.
    That's the line the message is on in Main.ash, before I compile it to release. I change it whenever I notice it's moved.

This Is equivalent to This
    my_class().to_int() > 6 !($classes[seal clubber, turtle tamer, pastamancer, sauceror, disco bandit, accordion thief] contains my_class())
    Well, !(my_class().to_int() >= 1 && my_class().to_int() <= 6). I'll keep it as-is though, easier to read, which is important because I can never understand anything.

Ezandora, if I might make a pretty small request... there's a little thing that bugs me. The 1 pixel overlap between the setting sizes troubles me more than it should. Could you change lines 32-35 to the following?

Code:
    string __setting_media_query_large_size = "@media (min-width: 501px)";
    string __setting_media_query_medium_size = "@media (min-width: 321px) and (max-width: 500px)";
    string __setting_media_query_small_size = "@media (min-width: 226px) and (max-width: 320px)";
    string __setting_media_query_tiny_size = "@media (max-width: 225px)";

Ya, I might list the 22% survival amount, just because elemental resistance is a tricky thing in sneaky pete.
    Originally Posted by Ezandora View Post
    I had trouble getting my third A-Boo clue this run and was down to 64% haunted by the time it dropped. I appreciated the 22% survival amount since that was all I needed and it helped me save resources. Thanks!

BTW, my_class().to_int() is never lower than 1 so there just isn't any reason to check for that. Though it doesn't matter since "easier to read" is important also.
    Last edited by Bale; 03-03-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Bug Report:

When you added the link for "Adventure in the 8-bit realm" you made a mistake. Instead of linking to the woods, you added the text "place.php?whichplace=woods" to the description, right above "Run +67% item, olfact bloopers."

Ezandora, if I might make a pretty small request... there's a little thing that bugs me. The 1 pixel overlap between the setting sizes troubles me more than it should. Could you change lines 32-35 to the following?
    Overlap is intentional. There does not seem to be a guarantee that media query lengths will be whole integers; some(?) browsers will test them as floating point.

As such, 225.5px is a possible width, and won't match either min-width:226px or max-width:225px. The resulting discontinuity causes a jumping effect during window resize.
    This can happen after zooming in on Firefox.

More information here: http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archi...p_media_q.html

When you added the link for "Adventure in the 8-bit realm" you made a mistake. Instead of linking to the woods, you added the text "place.php?whichplace=woods" to the description, right above "Run +67% item, olfact bloopers."
    Fixed, thanks.

Can the Palindome link point to the new Palindome sub-area?

Another quibble - The Holy MacGuffin Quest links to store.php?whichstore=l when you need the documents. It should point to shop.php?whichshop=blackmarket

Can the Palindome link point to the new Palindome sub-area?
    Originally Posted by digitrev View Post
    Another quibble - The Holy MacGuffin Quest links to store.php?whichstore=l when you need the documents. It should point to shop.php?whichshop=blackmarket
    Originally Posted by digitrev View Post
    Ah, both of these were fixed before you posted. Is the svn update command working for you? It seems to silently fail for a few people in different situations, and I'm not really sure why. (current version is >=1.0.24, listed at the bottom of the page)

Probably I'm using github's/mafia's SVN support incorrectly? I think there may also be an issue with installing the script pre-r13539 and upgrading mafia.

Is the svn update command working for you? It seems to silently fail for a few people in different situations, and I'm not really sure why. (current version is >=1.0.24, listed at the bottom of the page)
    Originally Posted by Ezandora View Post
    That's interesting! I installed the Guide script pretty soon after you first released it, and apparently it got stuck at version identifying as 1.0.7.

The files in ~/.kolmafia/svn/630e5f8f-ebb2-ad18-345f-ce57b7db7bff/relay were dated Jan 22.

"svn update" in mafia reported "630e5f8f-ebb2-ad18-345f-ce57b7db7bff is at HEAD (r126)"

running "svn status" outside Mafia, with the standard svn client of Ubuntu (1.7.9-1+nmu6ubuntu3) showed relay_Guide.ash as "C" and relay_Guide.js as "M"

"svn diff" showed property changes for both, namely "Added: svn:executable", and no content changes.

Motivated by your post, I did a "svn delete 630e5f8f-ebb2-ad18-345f-ce57b7db7bff" and a fresh "svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/", Mafia now refers to the project as Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release, and everything appears much newer now! It now identifies as 1.0.24 and appears to be much more aware of stuff like Avatar of Sneaky Pete.

Thanks!
    Last edited by zeroToNine; 03-12-2014 at 07:36 PM.