Guide

Found a small bug for the Lord Spookyraven quest. I have opened the chamber and yet I still see:

"Find bottle of Chateau de Vinegar from possessed wine rack in the haunted wine cellar"
"Find blasting soda from the cabinet in the haunted laundry room"

So I guess I did the scavenger hunt rather than the wine bomb method.

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

You guess or you did? Significant difference ^^

For myself, got this recommendation for a SR during an HCO run: The Sleazy Back Alley: 3 epic drunkenness drink. Yeah, not a good SR for an HCO.
Also, after unlocking Cobb's Knob, still getting: Delay for ten turns in cobb's knob to unlock area.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Also, after unlocking Cobb's Knob, still getting: Delay for ten turns in cobb's knob to unlock area.

This was starting to get to me so I looked into it. The cause of the bug was reasonably easy to find. To figure out if the Knob is open, Guide checks for the availability of the cobb's knob barracks. That check does not work correctly. In function locationAvailablePrivateCheck(), it thinks the barracks is available according to the following logic:

Code:
			string quest_value = get_property("questL05Goblin");
			if (quest_value == "finished")
				return true;
			else if (quest_value == "started") //FIXME questPropertyPastInternalStepNumber
			{
				//Inference - quest is started. If map is missing, area must be unlocked
				if ($item[cobb's knob map].available_amount() > 0)
					return false;
				else //no map, must be available
					return true;
			}
			//unstarted, impossible
            return false;

That is wrong. The quest_value is advanced to step1 when the map is used so it will always return false until the quest is finished. The fix for the bug is obvious and left to Ezandora.

Last edited:

digitrev

So. Weird bug I've noticed for a while, but always kind of chalked up to my computer being weird. Regardless, the tower helper in Guide doesn't seem to be updating properly. For example, I've defeated the NS, but Guide is telling me to do the puzzles. Screenshot below.

guide.png

Bale

Minion
Ezandora, thanks a lot for your new update to Guide. Lots of awesome improvement and fixes. Unfortunately it also brought a new bug.

I not yet level 11, but am being advised Hidden City Quest: Unlock the hidden city via the hidden temple. This was okay when it was advising me to get the nostril since that would work, but if I tried to complete the unlock now it will fail since I don't yet have the diary.

Also, I think you missed one bug report in this thread. You need to check is_unrestricted() on your recommendations like Pool Table and Shower.

Bale

Minion
I not yet level 11, but am being advised Hidden City Quest: Unlock the hidden city via the hidden temple. This was okay when it was advising me to get the nostril since that would work, but if I tried to complete the unlock now it will fail since I don't yet have the diary.

Per our subsequent discussion in chat I submitted this as a KoL bug which has probably been fixed now: HERE.

Bale

Minion
Ezandora, as I'm sure you noticed KoL changed the quest log and KoLmafia has made some changes to quest log parsing.

As a result, Guide is currently not helping me with the Desert. There are two different preferences involved now. questL11Desert and questL11Pyramid. Unfortunately Guide believes the desert is closed until questL11Pyramid is started, but this is no longer true. Now the desert is monitored by questL11Desert which goes straight from started to finished. When the desert is completed, questL11Pyramid is set to step11 because backwards compatibility is cruelly unintuitive.

Darzil

Developer
Actually that looks more like a bug, finishing desert should now be setting questL11Desert to finished. questL11Pyramid starts when the completed staff is put into the model in the pyramid. This does mean there is a period in the quest log where neither quest is present. I wondered about submitting a KoL bug for that, but didn't do so.

Changed in r14143

Axaca

Thank you!!!! This functionality has always been provided by "index card on my desk". It's so useful! Wow!

I decided to shake things up with an Avatar of Jarlsberg run and ran into this bug:

3 Standalone Cheese uses
Banish monsters.
Monsters banished: , a, n, i, m, a, t, e, d, , r, u, s, t, i, c, , n, i, g, h, t, s, t, a, n, d,
, w, a, r, d, r, &, o, u, m, l, ;, b, , n, i, g, h, t, s, t, a, n, and d.

It was passing "|" to split_string, but the delimiter for split_string is a regular expression. I fixed it by changing line 16520 to:
Code:
string [int] banished_monsters = split_string_alternate(get_property("_jiggleCheesedMonsters"), "\\|");

Darzil

Developer
Just doing a Slow and Steady run, and came across a couple of things that could possible be finessed.

1. (non S&S related) I get a warning : "Use a gelatinous cubeling first. You're adventuring in the daily dungeon without cubeling drops." Actually I have the first two drops, and enough skeleton keys that I don't have to care about getting the lockpicks. Perhaps it's worth only putting that warning before the first two cubeling drops drop ?

2. (non S&S) I haven't (yet) made a blessed large box, but do have a large box. I am still recommended to go and adventure to get another.

3. (S&S) Listed resources include some things I can't use, "take a shower" and "pool table games". I also get recommended to eat Spaghetti Breakfast first, whereas actually it'll give me nothing.

underscorewas

I am a very inefficient player and so I started using this about six days ago and my ascension is 167 turn shorter than my previous best.

Bale

Minion
Cosmetic bug report. It feels weird to be told I need 0 sonars-in-a-biscuit to unlock unknown areas when I'm done with that. If you remove that you can also remove the suggestion to run +item also since I've got my bean.

exfaggi.png

questL04Bat => step3

Note: imgur creates image names from random letters, so I am not responsible for the name of the image in the URL.

matt.chugg

Could this prompt you quite high up to do the Leaflet quest, Free Stats! i'm not sure why it is in future stats, it's useful when grinding levels

Would anyone else feel the meat section of Resources would be more use higher up, specifically in sub ronin runs?

Also, using Chest Of The bonerdragon much higher up when in a run?

I admit these, are selfish requests, because I have in the last 3 runs (just getting back in the game) forgotten to do at least one if not all three of these

Thinking about this, perhaps some of these could just be an extension of the "Gain xxxx stats" section, along with suggestions to use orange snowcones, whatever color candy heart does that if you have them.

PS: this has been invaluable to me since I've been away for a while and a lot has changed!

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

I've found myself wishing for some of the same things. It might not be for everyone but would some way to configure where and how things appear in the Guide panel be something that interests you? I'm thinking of something along the lines of how Bale and CKB have structured CHIT.

I just came back from a 2.5 yr break and jumped right into HCNP w/o knowing exactly how much had changed. This Guide was *immensely* helpful. thank you.

matt.chugg

I've found myself wishing for some of the same things. It might not be for everyone but would some way to configure where and how things appear in the Guide panel be something that interests you? I'm thinking of something along the lines of how Bale and CKB have structured CHIT.

+1

And maybe a manageable list of items you can auto sell to get meat, I tend to keep my quest reqards (no tradeable) but auto sell nearly everything else I don't need to maintain meat during runs

I don't use CHIT, but I don't think options would need to be too complex, we wouldn't want to scare people away from using this because they had to do too much configuring.

Perhaps there's no harm in a little duplication? In the "gain xxxx stats" box, perhaps add leaflet quest, orange snow cones, bonerdagon chest, mainstat clover adventures (if clovers), ML skills,

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
And maybe a manageable list of items you can auto sell to get meat

I find I do this infrequently enough in run that sorting on the Autosell column in Item Manager suffices. You might also consider Bale's OCD script although I can imagine you would want to have different data files behind it because many things would be autosell in Ronin but mallsell at other times.

matt.chugg

I find I do this infrequently enough in run that sorting on the Autosell column in Item Manager suffices. You might also consider Bale's OCD script although I can imagine you would want to have different data files behind it because many things would be autosell in Ronin but mallsell at other times.

This is how I work most of the time, just an idea for making Guide even better than it already is!