Guide

Theraze

To veer - there is something out there, zlib perhaps?, that will check for updates without regard to a user's SVN settings.
OCD Inventory Control, Universal Recovery, and anything utilizing the check_version of zlib will ignore the users' settings and force a svn update even if you've disabled it.
Normally I find this mildly annoying (word selected deliberately) but in the specific case of Guide, it might be worth having Guide always check that it is at the latest version and at least report when it isn't. That will reduce the number of questions that are answered with "Uninstall Guide and then reinstall it" and may help someone figure out what it is about github that mafia doesn't like so a decision to fix or live with can be made.
Won't help in this case, since, as Bale pointed out, mafia already says that it's on the latest version. Running svn update will only help if the script version isn't already up to date...

ereinion

Yes, I had forgotten about that error too. Thanks for the reminder :) Anyway, I tried doing what you guys adviced, but unfortunately it seems there are some problems with downloading the script:
Code:
[COLOR=olive]> svn delete Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release[/COLOR]

Uninstalling project...
relay\relay_Guide.ash => DELETED
relay\relay_Guide.js => DELETED
Project uninstalled.

[COLOR=olive]> svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/[/COLOR]

svn: E170001: OPTIONS of '/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release': 403 Forbidden (https://github.com)
[COLOR=red]Unable to connect with repository at /Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release[/COLOR]
Done.

[COLOR=olive]> svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/[/COLOR]

svn: E175002: PROPFIND of '/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release': 500 Internal Server Error (https://github.com)
[COLOR=red]Unable to connect with repository at /Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release[/COLOR]
Done.

svn: E170001: OPTIONS of '/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release': 403 Forbidden (https://github.com)
Done.
I'm not having any trouble navigating to the indicated page in my browser. Any idea what could possibly be causing this?

- edit - Trying again a while later downloaded the script successfully :p

Last edited:

Ezandora

Yes, I had forgotten about that error too. Thanks for the reminder :) Anyway, I tried doing what you guys adviced, but unfortunately it seems there are some problems with downloading the script:
I'm not having any trouble navigating to the indicated page in my browser. Any idea what could possibly be causing this?
Tested that locally on both 16.2 and r13927, both installed okay. Maybe they were upgrading their OpenSSL? Ah, it worked out for you, good.

lastDesertUnlock should be all that is needed.
That's the favored method moving forward, but it requires r13812; previous detection methods are a backup.

A very small nit, but the Guide carries on suggesting setting the ballroom song when all quests sped up by -combat are complete. I often leave opening the cellar til level 12 after starting war, and if I get the ballroom song non-combat on the way I turn it off again. Guide then suggests putting it on until the king is rescued, despite it no longer helping.
That would make sense, but I'm not sure how to handle this. Tracing every quest that requires -combat would be complicated, subject to revamps, and possibly undecidable - even at level 13, you might want -combat for a zap wand. Or for a south of the border gate item.

I can detect whether you have enough skills to always reach -25% normally, but that would only be relevant in the case lostcalpolydude noted. Might as well, I suppose.

I think what I'll do is change the icon to be visually smaller. It'll still be there, but not as much in the way. I could also try in adding a close box for optional tasks like that, though that would complicated the interface a bit. (what if you want them back?) Hmm... or maybe just a way to minimize it.

This doesn't appear to have (full?) zombie support:
Ah, it has very little zombie slayer support... I've never played that path. Added in some stuff you said, will be in the next update. Pretend "olfact" means "howl of the alpha everything else".

To veer - there is something out there, zlib perhaps?, that will check for updates without regard to a user's SVN settings. Normally I find this mildly annoying (word selected deliberately) but in the specific case of Guide, it might be worth having Guide always check that it is at the latest version and at least report when it isn't. That will reduce the number of questions that are answered with "Uninstall Guide and then reinstall it" and may help someone figure out what it is about github that mafia doesn't like so a decision to fix or live with can be made.
That's possible. Not sure how I feel about it, as it's a work around to the real issue.

Darzil

Developer
That would make sense, but I'm not sure how to handle this. Tracing every quest that requires -combat would be complicated, subject to revamps, and possibly undecidable - even at level 13, you might want -combat for a zap wand. Or for a south of the border gate item.

I'd suggest just only mentioning it if you have friars, twin peaks, groar (if you don't have ninja items), airship, giants, black market, or war start left. Whilst there are niche cases where it's still useful, it's unlikely ever to be worth seeking it out when those quests are complete. Maybe pyramid middle too, I guess.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I can detect whether you have enough skills to always reach -25% normally, but that would only be relevant in the case lostcalpolydude noted. Might as well, I suppose.
In speedy SCNP, smooth, sonata, golem in bjorn, folder holder, and NPZR chem set is a reasonable way to reach -25%. Invisibility potions are a limited resource that would probably make sense to track in that case.

Ezandora

Updated to 1.1. Major features:

Inside Window.png
Running the script automatically installs it into your browser window. Won't replace the chat pane if you have chat open. This is the same idea as Bale's game.ash script, done via javascript. There's a button to open it in a new window as well, top-right.

This won't work if you have a game.ash relay override, or what it perceives as the KOL window changing too much. Let me know if there's any situations I need to support.

Location Bar.png

A location bar on the last place you've adventured. Clicking on it takes you to the general area.

Information listed:
-Non-combat rate.
-Plants planted, or zone type if there aren't any. Links to the friar.
-Worst chance of getting the jump, if you're in-run and out-moxied (or sneaky pete). I felt like this was information overload to always show.
-Area ML, if you're in-run or out-moxied.
-Specialized location information. Likelyhood of aliens in space, dude rates in palindome, desert exploration, that sort of thing. Suggest more if you can think of any.

Though, it's missing a few URLs for some areas.

There's also a few code changes; the counters system has been completely rewritten, and this month's IOTM has support.

Magus_Prime

Very nice update. Thank you for making sure that the relay browser "guide" pane is resizeable.

On a side-note I did have to uninstall and reinstall the script to pick up the update. The automatic check didn't work.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
First, I'd like to say that I love you adding the details to the Island War Junkyard Quest. Seeing the list of monsters in each location has made it a lot easier to keep track of which ones I should banish.

There is only one small issue. I find it hard to parse the names of locations and list of monsters since it all blends together into a long alphabet soup. I can sort it out, it just takes more time and attention than I'd like in the display. I sorted it out in my working copy and wish to pass it on to you in case you'd like to make it standard.

Code:
areas_left_strings.listAppend("<u>" + loc.to_string().to_lower_case() + "</u>:" + "<br />(" + location_monsters[loc].listJoinComponents(", ") + ")");

Bale

Minion
I keep noticing new Easter Eggs tucked into the Guide where the humor is unlikely to be noticed. Today I saw what it suggests in the interval between killing the sorceress and breaking the prism. Even funnier is that breaking the prism is listed as an Unimportant Task. :)

Magus_Prime

Feature request: Would you be willing to add tracking and hints for the new way of gathering the pieces of the Talisman o' Nam? By which I mean the Copperhead Club and the Red Zeppelin.

Magus_Prime

I'm getting the following at the end of some combats:

Code:
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Script execution aborted (java.lang.NullPointerException): (relay_Guide.ash, line 1153)

I will post the debug log in the bug thread.

Bale

Minion
You timed out. KoLmafia automatically logged you back in, but now Guide has the wrong hash code. Refreshing the relay browser window will fix the problem.

Magus_Prime

Between the start of the combats in question and completion everything finished in less than a second and proceeded merrily on to the next combat. At no time was there anything indicative of a timeout of any sort noticeable by a human. I posted more complete information to the bug report thread.

Ezandora

First, I'd like to say that I love you adding the details to the Island War Junkyard Quest. Seeing the list of monsters in each location has made it a lot easier to keep track of which ones I should banish.
Ya, that section is not very well designed. I added some lines.

Feature request: Would you be willing to add tracking and hints for the new way of gathering the pieces of the Talisman o' Nam? By which I mean the Copperhead Club and the Red Zeppelin.
I think mafia doesn't have any support for tracking this quest, which I think I would need for that? But it does sound like a good idea.

Between the start of the combats in question and completion everything finished in less than a second and proceeded merrily on to the next combat. At no time was there anything indicative of a timeout of any sort noticeable by a human. I posted more complete information to the bug report thread.
I've seen that before, but couldn't replicate it. Seems to be a script runtime problem with equipped_item()?

Razorsoup

Small bug: Guide is telling me to "Save turns for Halloween tomorrow". That is great advice except for the fact that today is Halloween, not tomorrow.

Cool12309

Under the "Food" suggested pull, it suggests "Key lime pies" even in bugbears, where you don't need them (the tower is smashed).

QVamp

I just installed this, and it looks great, and has a lot of information. But I ran into a couple of bugs, possibly because I ran it at the end of a run?

I'm at level 13, and have these tasks still on Guide.
- Hidden Temple Unlock. I ran 'the other unlock' (which didn't take me many turns at all), so it is still there. Perhaps this could check if the hidden temple exists?
- Island War Quest - Fight the Man. I did, and already defeated the Sorceress. Maybe it can check for the completed quest?
- Check for trophies - I did, and there are none. Is this just always there?
- Optional War Lighthouse Quest. Again, the war is over.

digitrev

The Pretentious Artist's Quest link still points to the old spookyraven manor first floor. Can this be updated?

So I just discovered the script 2 days ago, and I am loving it! The only suggestion that I have is to put in "Trendy" support for current active paths. For example in S&S I can't do things like Resources "Take a Shower", etc...

However after the active challenge path season is over, you would be able to do that.