Guide

digitrev

A minor request - if the user has a slimeling, can you add a suggestion to use for the quests where equipment drops matter (e.g. Knob Goblins, getting pirate outfit, Airship, Twin Peak for the dress pants, getting the hippy/frat outfit, getting the war outfit, etc...)

Theraze

Unless 'since' gets implemented and Ezandora moves to using that to bring compliance as opposed to latest point release, which just ends up with users having massively out of date mafia that only kinda works. Always surprised when someone is still playing on 16.1 or something and things are still working.

Bale

Minion
A minor request - if the user has a slimeling, can you add a suggestion to use for the quests where equipment drops matter (e.g. Knob Goblins, getting pirate outfit, Airship, Twin Peak for the dress pants, getting the hippy/frat outfit, getting the war outfit, etc...)

Which is better for those quests, a slimeling or a cheerleader with a full head of steam? Do you know?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I remember that math being really complicated, but for the war outfit at least I think it can depend on how many pieces of the outfit you already have even.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I remember the math working out to be "slimeling" in pretty much all ascension-relevant cases, notable exception being "except if cheerleader lets you cap the drop". I don't remember seeing anything on hunting for a specific war outfit piece, since you'd typically YR the first outfit and use the Arid Desert for the second if needed.

edit: whoah, the last post here was half a week old.

Magus_Prime

It seems that the zone name has changed with the White Citadel quest revamp:

Code:
Changing "the road to white citadel" to "The Road to the White Citadel" would get rid of this message (relay_Guide.ash, line 12989)
Changing "the road to white citadel" to "The Road to the White Citadel" would get rid of this message (relay_Guide.ash, line 13092)
Changing "The Road to White Citadel" to "The Road to the White Citadel" would get rid of this message (relay_Guide.ash, line 16508)

Fluxxdog

Quick note: Around line 7406, which appends the reminder for reading the recipe with the spectacles, KoLmafia has a preference "spookyravenRecipeUsed" which is equal to "with_glasses" when the recipe is read with the glasses. A check for that can allow you to not always print the warning.

Magus_Prime

With recent versions of Guide and mafia the tracking in the Defiled Niche is a bit odd. The level of evilness is correctly tracked but no matter how much is left Guide states that it is always "~1 turns remaining to boss".

Other zones in the Cyrpt are correctly tracked.

Ezandora

Various threads reported in this bug fixed.

Fixed in 14644, now that it has been reported. I guess this script can't take advantage of that until mafia's next point release though?
Ah, thanks, though it doesn't seem to work for me, using a downloaded copy of r14764. (apologies for it not being more recent) 2 love me 2 still shows up in mafia's inventory after speaking to Mr. Alarm for the first time.

I don't know the math behind whether slimeling is a good idea or not. Actually, I'm not sure which areas are relevant... off the top of my head, I can think of:
-Obligatory Pirate's Cove, while farming the outfit.
-Penultimate Fantasy Airship, when you need either the mohawk wig or amulet of extreme plot significance.
-Possibly the hippy camp, if you're farming the filthy hippy disguise.
-Frat house/hippy camp, if you're farming the frat warrior/war hippy fatigues.
-eXtreme outfit on the slopes.
-Harem/barracks for the outfits?
-Mining gear if not semi-raring?
-Sleazy back alley/fax for the dirty hobo glove, if you have a lump of coal and can't 234%.
-Possibly the defiled nook, for extra hi-mein components in two-day HC runs. (probably won't mention)

I can add a "slimeling?" modifier for those next version? Anyone know if there any other areas?

Not sure about suggesting slimeling for the dress pants. They save zero turns at 100ML, one turn at 50ML, and are a super-low drop from a single monster in an eight monster zone. (5%)

If you olfact the bubblemint twins, running a slimeling gives you around 1-2% extra chance per turn of dress pants. And usually you'd want to olfact for hedge trimmers. Poor slimeling wants to help, but...

Bale

Minion
I've found a bug!

Bad item value: "Boss Bat bandana" (relay_Guide.ash, line 5123)

I think that you've fallen prey to the mysterious bad update bug. If you delete and re-install the script it should be fixed.

Copy-paste the following two lines, one at a time into your CLI to easily delete and reinstall this script:
Code:
svn delete Ezandora-Guide

[PLAIN]svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/[/PLAIN]

Bale

Minion
I'd like to make a small feature request to reduce clutter from Guide making a harmful recommendation.

If using a Friar's Plant for +30 ML would put ML over 150 in hardcore, please don't recommend that. In hardcore I really need to keep ML maxed at 150. I can ignore the recommendation, but it still clutters the interface.

Am I correct to assume that softcore can handle over 150 ML and would like to do that?

Magus_Prime

Edit relay_Guide.ash in the mafia /relay directory and, on line 9763, change "Summon Candy Hearts" to "Summon Candy Heart".

Bale

Minion
Edit relay_Guide.ash in the mafia /relay directory and, on line 9763, change "Summon Candy Hearts" to "Summon Candy Heart".

By the time you wrote this, Ezandora had already updated Guide to fix the problem. Do an svn update and if it is still a problem then you have the update bug I was helping wrldwzrd89 with HERE.

Bale

Minion
I've been noticing a serious bug with r205 interacting with a recent build of KoLmafia.

When I'm using my goth kid, the Black Crayon monsters do not decrement the displayed value for delay. (Am I wrong to consider miscounted delay as serious?) There is a very obvious reason for this, but you're not going to like it. Fortunately there is an easy way to fix the problem, but you're not going to like that either.

Wandering monsters are no longer listed in location.combat_queue since they do not effect the appearance rates of monsters which normally appear in that zone. This better mimics KoL's underlying mechanics so it is undeniably a feature.

Fortunately KoLmafia has a new feature location.turns_spent which tells us how many combats and noncombats have been encountered in the zone and this DOES include Black Crayon monsters and other wanderers. The really good news is that it will count off delay for the Knob Outskirts and Airship even though they are over 5.

Note in the following example I have encountered one Black Crayon Golem and the values for combat_queue and turns_spent reflect this:
Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> ash $location[the haunted bathroom][/COLOR]

Returned: The Haunted Bathroom
nocombats => false
zone => Manor2
parent => Manor
parentdesc => Spookyraven Manor
environment => indoor
bounty => rusty tap handle
combat_queue => malevolent hair clog; malevolent hair clog; toilet papergeist; claw-foot bathtub
noncombat_queue =>
turns_spent => 5
kisses => 0
recommended_stat => 40
water_level => 4

Last edited:

Ezandora

If using a Friar's Plant for +30 ML would put ML over 150 in hardcore, please don't recommend that.

How's this look? For both softcore and hardcore.
Dangerous Plant.png

Wandering monsters are no longer listed in location.combat_queue since they do not effect the appearance rates of monsters which normally appear in that zone.

Trying to figure out the best decision here. I think I have three options:

-Require turns_spent. This breaks compatibility with point releases, etc. Otherwise very nice to have though. Hmm...
Also, check out turns_spent_temporary() for the support for this.

-Avoid displaying per-turn-tracking delay counts at all, until you've definitely used up five adventures there. Degraded functionality, but still gives most of the information you need. May go with this? Umm, sorry.
If I go with this, it'll still work if you uncomment the code in turns_spent_temporary(), but that's slightly user hostile...

-Use cli_execute() with set_property() (to return the value) to query turns_spent on any version without causing a script error. Hacky.
Looking at set_property's internal implementation - leading to setObject in Preferences.java - this triggers a file write every call if saveSettingsOnSet is set to true. Which it is, by default? So, probably not workable.

Granted, I use set_property elsewhere, for helix fossil's voices. Probably shouldn't, but I kind of like that feature.