Guide

Darzil

Developer
Looks to me like perhaps it didn't see the fight lighting adventure somehow. Does it change if you visit the Peaks in the browser ?

Theraze

Alternatively, could be related to losing the fights. Depends on whether the fire has actually been lit or not.

Ezandora

I don't know if it's me, but I'm seeing even more errors.

If you have adventured there outside of mafia, guide's tracking will falter. That could be the cause?

Some technical details on how that test works:
-Check the property "oilPeakProgress". If it's not 0, you still need to reduce the pressure.
-Check if the value of $location[oil peak].noncombat_queue contains "Unimpressed with Pressure", the name of the adventure there. If it doesn't exist, it assumes you still need to light the peak. You may run into a similar issue in the a-boo peak.

It's not a perfect method, so bugs like this can happen. Apologies.

Smug Atheist

Not complaining. I'm actually very happy with the guide. Just putting this out there in case people are interested.

I don't believe I've adventured here outside mafia either.

Bale

Minion
Ezandora, a small request/recommendation if you don't mind...

Guide shows my "free elf fights" and my "free Snojo fights," but they aren't immediately next to each other. It would be thematically pleasing and informatively helpful if they didn't have my "cards drawable" between them. If there are other sources of free fights in the future, please put them all together.

Thank you,
Bale.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
This is possibly because of how I added tracking / display of machine elf free fights to Mafia (as familiar "drops").

adeyke

Very minor issue, but it lists the desired drops from the ninja snowmen in the order "rope, carabiner, crampons", but they instead drop in the fixed order "rope, crampons, carabiner".

Bale

Minion
Bug report: Guide doesn't cap A-Boo Peak at 1 clue/adventure. It's telling me that I can get 1.39 clues/adventure at 829% items and I'm sure that is a bit of an exaggeration.

syatica

Guide Script stopped working

Forgive me if this is not the right place to post this. please let me know where I can correctly post.

When I run KolMafia, I open the web browser and try to run the "Guide" script and I get a blank screen. When I go back to KolMafia interface, In the Graphical CLI, I receive the error "Bad location value: "pre-cyrpt cemetary" (relay_Guide.ash, line 4694)"

Is there anything I can do to correct this? It used to work flawlessly. I also use "KoLMafiaUpdate.exe" every time I use the program, just to make sure I'm always up to date. This bug started a couple of months ago and I ignored it, but now I'm on a new ascension and would like to use it again.

Thanks in advanced!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is there anything I can do to correct this? It used to work flawlessly. I also use "KoLMafiaUpdate.exe" every time I use the program, just to make sure I'm always up to date. This bug started a couple of months ago and I ignored it, but now I'm on a new ascension and would like to use it again.

Looks like you need to look into your update process, because you're several months behind at least.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Forgive me if this is not the right place to post this. please let me know where I can correctly post.

When I run KolMafia, I open the web browser and try to run the "Guide" script and I get a blank screen. When I go back to KolMafia interface, In the Graphical CLI, I receive the error "Bad location value: "pre-cyrpt cemetary" (relay_Guide.ash, line 4694)"

Thanks in advanced!

I moved it but that could be a judgement call that I made differently than you and in any event you are forgiven.

More questions than answers. The blank screen could be the result of an error in the script. It gets an error and stops. The error you quote normally indicates that the script and KoL mafia are out of synch concerning some data, such as the names of locations. So using SVN update and KolMafiaUpdate I would make sure I had the latest versions of everything and try Guide again. (v17.2 r16696 for KoLmafia, r382 for Guide). Note that there were issues with automatically updating Guide in partticular so you may want to uninstall Guide and reinstall if updating doesn't get you 382 or newer.

Ezandora

When I go back to KolMafia interface, In the Graphical CLI, I receive the error "Bad location value: "pre-cyrpt cemetary" (relay_Guide.ash, line 4694)"

This is probably the aftershock of the github update bug. Run these two commands in the graphical CLI, and it should fix it from now on:
Code:
svn delete Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release
svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/

syatica

I moved it but that could be a judgement call that I made differently than you and in any event you are forgiven.

That is perfect, no worries. I'm new posting here and didn't quite know where to really post.

It gets an error and stops. The error you quote normally indicates that the script and KoL mafia are out of synch concerning some data, such as the names of locations. So using SVN update and KolMafiaUpdate I would make sure I had the latest versions of everything and try Guide again. (v17.2 r16696 for KoLmafia, r382 for Guide). Note that there were issues with automatically updating Guide in partticular so you may want to uninstall Guide and reinstall if updating doesn't get you 382 or newer.

Ahh there we go, it was because I was letting KolMafia auto update my SVN scripts. I uninstalled and reinstalled... Thank You very much!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
it was because I was letting KolMafia auto update my SVN scripts. I uninstalled and reinstalled... Thank You very much!

To clarify, Guide is the only SVN supported script hosted on GitHub. There was a period of time when Kolmafia had "problems" updating from GitHub and the result of those problems was that KoLmafia thought it had the latest version when it did not. My memory is fuzzy but my recollection is the issue was GitHub's support for SVN and GitHub eventually fixed that. In any event anyone who had used SVN to get Guide before or during the problems was advised to uninstall and reinstall.

The preferred practice is to let KoLmafia update scripts when needed. No one has reported problems with Guide updating for several weeks (months maybe?) and there are several scripts that change frequently in response to KoL changes.

Bale

Minion
My memory is fuzzy but my recollection is the issue was GitHub's support for SVN and GitHub eventually fixed that. In any event anyone who had used SVN to get Guide before or during the problems was advised to uninstall and reinstall.
Your recollection is correct. The problem appears to be completely fixed now. It is still unclear as to whether it was solved by Github or KoLmafia since KoLmafia was changing our SVN package to a later version shortly before the problem disappeared.

The preferred practice is to let KoLmafia update scripts when needed. No one has reported problems with Guide updating for several weeks (months maybe?).
Months. I am now comfortable with GitHub supporting KoLmafia scripts if anyone with a script on GitHub wants to have their script added to the Script Manager.

syatica's trouble appears to date from a really old failure many moons ago, before the issue was solved.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, Misspelled Cemetary became Unquiet Garves back in June, so presumably Guide hadn't updated since then.

Bale

Minion
Ezandora, I'd like to make a request for AWoL.

Please add a list of my stock of oils to the Resources section. Even though mafia doesn't yet track the one's I've made today, it would help my decision to be able to see which ones are running low.

Relatedly, can we also get a pop up while in combat thinger (like DNA has) that tells you what you'll get if you extract oil from your current enemy?