Guide

If the GitHub URL change is causing Guide to be outdated, deleting it and installing it again will clear this up. I had 1.1.14 for quite a while - apparently KoLmafia never figured out that 1.1.15 was available until I applied this fix.

Bale

Minion
What GitHub URL change is causing Guide to be outdated? If you are referring to this bug report, it is completely unrelated to the bug that causes Guide to fail at updating.

Magus_Prime

Due to the recent changes with the Lair, and recent KoLMafia support for it, Guide failed to load this morning. I had to comment out large chunks of the lair handling code before it would load. I'm hesitant to post my changes because the section requires a total rewrite and not the quick and dirty edits I performed.

Cool12309

Due to the recent changes with the Lair, and recent KoLMafia support for it, Guide failed to load this morning. I had to comment out large chunks of the lair handling code before it would load. I'm hesitant to post my changes because the section requires a total rewrite and not the quick and dirty edits I performed.

Guide has had working lair support for a few days now. If it's not properly updating then delete and re-checkout guide.

Bale

Minion
LoL! I just noticed that Guide now recognizes my power leveling zone is the Chateau! I'd already been using it for emergency stat gains, but now I've got a shortcut there. :)

Bale

Minion
There is one simple feature request which would help me quite a bit if you would implement it.

In the "Resources" section there are two sub-sections that are highly related. One is number of gene tonics createable (including recommended tonics to create) and the other is the current gene tonics. I have to keep scrolling back and forth between them to decide which gene tonic to make with regards to the ones I currently possess.

Please put the later sub-section directly after the other. Right now there are way too many other sub-sections separating them. Looking at the script it might be a little involved to affect that small change to the layout, but it would really help me a lot.

Thank you for considering my request.

Ezandora

LoL! I just noticed that Guide now recognizes my power leveling zone is the Chateau! I'd already been using it for emergency stat gains, but now I've got a shortcut there. :)
It only does that if you have a free rest, currently. But, it's true that, unless you have Jungle Juice, you'll probably (?) get better stats from the Chateau. I think I'll change the click recommendation to prefer chateau.

In the "Resources" section there are two sub-sections that are highly related. One is number of gene tonics createable (including recommended tonics to create) and the other is the current gene tonics. I have to keep scrolling back and forth between them to decide which gene tonic to make with regards to the ones I currently possess.
This makes sense, will be in the next release. Relatively simple change. Not sure if I should release that now, or wait until nsContestants2/3 are tracked properly. (does that need any HTML?)

Theraze

Since nobody appears to have mentioned it, and it's still there after deleting and re-installing Guide...
Changing "Avatar of Jarlsberg" to "The Avatar of Jarlsberg" would get rid of this message (relay_guide.ash, line 27581)
This message happens the first time I launch the relay browser, every time. I believe the problematic line is:
Code:
    monster_messages[$monster[Avatar of Jarlsberg]] = "smoked cheese";

adeyke

There seems to be a problem with the lair advice. Initially, it tells me how to best optimize for the three contests. If, however, I then maximize my initiative and enter that race, it changes to "Attend your coronation", even though I haven't yet entered the other two contests and haven't won any yet. From that point on, it seems to always give advice for something two steps after the one I'm currently on. For example, while I'm at the gate, it'll tell me how to defeat the Wall of Meat, and while I'm at the Wall of Skin, it'll tell me how to defeat the Wall of Bones.

Ezandora

Mafia changed what the level thirteen quest step values represent a few revisions back. (r15408 maybe?) You'll probably need to update mafia?

Guide assumes the post-change step order, and it seems I didn't update the revision number check to the correct value. Apologies.

adeyke

I was running Mafia build 15456 today. Glancing at my relay_Guide.ash, it seems that version is 1.1.20. And I did have the problem with the combination of those two.

Theraze

It seemed like Guide was suggesting the pre-revision NS steps, before additional quest log checking (and some extra steps discovered while that checking was done) was added. Since it was always 1-2 steps ahead, and I'm always running the latest version of mafia available to be compiled when I start it that day...

Magus_Prime

It seems that the changes in r15472 stop Guide from automatically opening the Guide pane in a side frame in the relay browser. Reported in the bug reports thread.