Guide

ereinion

If you've got dispensary access in the knob, but has since gotten rid of the KGE outfit, the guide suggests the barracks as somewhere to spend your semi-rare. If it's not too hard to implement it might be a good idea to check for access instead of if you have the outfit.

I also get this, which I suppose is some kind of division by zero error, or something like that (I have lit the fire, but haven't finished the quest)?
Code:
Oil Peak
+100 ML
Run +20/50/100 ML (at +70 ML)
9223372036854775807 turns remaining at 70 ML.

Last edited:

ereinion

In response to your kmail, I've got this for you:

http://imgur.com/oXDYQvK
Code:
[COLOR=olive]> get oilPeakProgress[/COLOR]

Please excuse the double-posting :)

I probably won't finish the quest until tomorrow, so if you want any further information please contact me :)

digitrev

There's a slight problem with the way this calculates the # of turns required to get the lucre from the Airship. It doesn't seem to recognize the fact that >20 ML = all non-combats are MechaMechs, and so it was predicting like 140 turns at -20% combat and +136 ML.

Bale

Minion
Small bug report.

When "Hidden Temple Unlock" is a future task, it isn't a link to the Woods.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Liking this.

A couple of small bugettes :
1. It was telling me I could unlock the island with Extra-Buoyant Tank when I already had it (it's preference peteMotorbikeGasTank = Extra-Buoyant Tank).
2. It's telling me I can go to Spaaaaaace as an optional quest, but I'm Sneaky Pete and can't get there in Hardcore.

Bale

Minion
Thanks for adding the link to the Woods for the Hidden Temple Unlock. Here's another small request for Guide which is almost identical to that one.

Under "Optional Tasks" it says, "Adventure in the 8-bit realm." This is not a link to the Woods. Please linkify it! Thank you.

Bale

Minion
Incidentally, the warning on Twin Peak that it "(may be off by 2%)" is unnecessary now. That problem was fixed in r13753.

Ezandora

You can drop that from the script. Mafia checks your charpane to see what skills you have, and KoL makes it clear there.

Ah, that test is to determine if they potentially have skills permed that aren't currently visible via have_skill()/the charsheet.

For instance, $skill[Transcendent Olfaction].have_skill() is false in an avatar path and others, which is a good thing. But we don't want to tell the user to go acquire olfaction unless we're sure they don't have it. It's minor, used in a few places.

Same idea behind __misc_state["familiars temporarily blocked"] and __misc_state["familiars temporarily missing"]. First is whether they can use familiars at all, second is if they don't have them all visible in the terranium. (bad moon)

Bale

Minion
Guide was telling me how many still uses I have left today, so I clicked on it to see exactly what my ingredients are. Sadly, it took me to the moxie guild which I could not enter.

It seems it would be more generally helpful (and also work for Pete) if it took me to shop.php?whichshop=still instead.

Bale

Minion
Ah! Thanks for fixing that in the update you just released. I really appreciate the elemental damage fix also since the extra accuracy is very important as low skilled hardcore Sneaky Pete since HP and elemental resistance are both in short supply.

I wish I could understand the meaning behind changing the line number in the Bugged Bugbear message. Speaking of messages, "Smoked Cheese" is really funny.

Pardon me for not commenting on all your other fixes and improvements although I appreciate them. I'll just finish the post by commenting that...

ThisIs equivalent to This
my_class().to_int() > 6!($classes[seal clubber, turtle tamer, pastamancer, sauceror, disco bandit, accordion thief] contains my_class())

Ezandora

Ah! Thanks for fixing that in the update you just released. I really appreciate the elemental damage fix also since the extra accuracy is very important as low skilled hardcore Sneaky Pete since HP and elemental resistance are both in short supply.
Ya, I might list the 22% survival amount, just because elemental resistance is a tricky thing in sneaky pete.

I wish I could understand the meaning behind changing the line number in the Bugged Bugbear message. Speaking of messages, "Smoked Cheese" is really funny.
That's the line the message is on in Main.ash, before I compile it to release. I change it whenever I notice it's moved.

ThisIs equivalent to This
my_class().to_int() > 6!($classes[seal clubber, turtle tamer, pastamancer, sauceror, disco bandit, accordion thief] contains my_class())

Well, !(my_class().to_int() >= 1 && my_class().to_int() <= 6). I'll keep it as-is though, easier to read, which is important because I can never understand anything.

Bale

Minion
Ezandora, if I might make a pretty small request... there's a little thing that bugs me. The 1 pixel overlap between the setting sizes troubles me more than it should. Could you change lines 32-35 to the following?

Code:
string __setting_media_query_large_size = "@media (min-width: 501px)";
string __setting_media_query_medium_size = "@media (min-width: 321px) and (max-width: 500px)";
string __setting_media_query_small_size = "@media (min-width: 226px) and (max-width: 320px)";
string __setting_media_query_tiny_size = "@media (max-width: 225px)";

Ya, I might list the 22% survival amount, just because elemental resistance is a tricky thing in sneaky pete.

I had trouble getting my third A-Boo clue this run and was down to 64% haunted by the time it dropped. I appreciated the 22% survival amount since that was all I needed and it helped me save resources. Thanks!

BTW, my_class().to_int() is never lower than 1 so there just isn't any reason to check for that. Though it doesn't matter since "easier to read" is important also.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Bug Report:

When you added the link for "Adventure in the 8-bit realm" you made a mistake. Instead of linking to the woods, you added the text "place.php?whichplace=woods" to the description, right above "Run +67% item, olfact bloopers."

Ezandora

Ezandora, if I might make a pretty small request... there's a little thing that bugs me. The 1 pixel overlap between the setting sizes troubles me more than it should. Could you change lines 32-35 to the following?
Overlap is intentional. There does not seem to be a guarantee that media query lengths will be whole integers; some(?) browsers will test them as floating point.

As such, 225.5px is a possible width, and won't match either min-width:226px or max-width:225px. The resulting discontinuity causes a jumping effect during window resize.
This can happen after zooming in on Firefox.

More information here: http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2013/12/desktop_media_q.html

When you added the link for "Adventure in the 8-bit realm" you made a mistake. Instead of linking to the woods, you added the text "place.php?whichplace=woods" to the description, right above "Run +67% item, olfact bloopers."

Fixed, thanks.

digitrev

Another quibble - The Holy MacGuffin Quest links to store.php?whichstore=l when you need the documents. It should point to shop.php?whichshop=blackmarket

Ezandora

Can the Palindome link point to the new Palindome sub-area?

Another quibble - The Holy MacGuffin Quest links to store.php?whichstore=l when you need the documents. It should point to shop.php?whichshop=blackmarket

Ah, both of these were fixed before you posted. Is the svn update command working for you? It seems to silently fail for a few people in different situations, and I'm not really sure why. (current version is >=1.0.24, listed at the bottom of the page)

Probably I'm using github's/mafia's SVN support incorrectly? I think there may also be an issue with installing the script pre-r13539 and upgrading mafia.

Is the svn update command working for you? It seems to silently fail for a few people in different situations, and I'm not really sure why. (current version is >=1.0.24, listed at the bottom of the page)

That's interesting! I installed the Guide script pretty soon after you first released it, and apparently it got stuck at version identifying as 1.0.7.

The files in ~/.kolmafia/svn/630e5f8f-ebb2-ad18-345f-ce57b7db7bff/relay were dated Jan 22.

"svn update" in mafia reported "630e5f8f-ebb2-ad18-345f-ce57b7db7bff is at HEAD (r126)"

running "svn status" outside Mafia, with the standard svn client of Ubuntu (1.7.9-1+nmu6ubuntu3) showed relay_Guide.ash as "C" and relay_Guide.js as "M"

"svn diff" showed property changes for both, namely "Added: svn:executable", and no content changes.

Motivated by your post, I did a "svn delete 630e5f8f-ebb2-ad18-345f-ce57b7db7bff" and a fresh "svn checkout https://github.com/Ezandora/Guide/branches/Release/", Mafia now refers to the project as Ezandora-Guide-branches-Release, and everything appears much newer now! It now identifies as 1.0.24 and appears to be much more aware of stuff like Avatar of Sneaky Pete.

Thanks!

Last edited: