Guide

Bale

Minion
Ezandora, I'm not sure if you caught the update, but all the steps on the Nemesis quest are off by 4 now.

Step1 should become Step5 and so on. (Started is still just started.)

I really appreciate your script keeping track of how many paper strips I have and such, so I deeply miss this. Weirdly since I'm not docked for turns/days in OCRS and I need the new factoids anyway, I'm actually bothering to get the Legendary Epic Weapon in-run.

Edit: Right now I'm using the very simple fix of adding the following line to QNemesisInit() after QuestStateParseMafiaQuestProperty(state, "questG04Nemesis");:

Code:
    if(mafiaIsPastRevision(15942) && state.mafia_internal_step > 4) state.mafia_internal_step -=4;

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
For force-killing the wall of bones, Garbage Nova is not suggested even though it's much easier than the methods suggested.

Looking through the script, I guess you're waiting on an accurate damage formula, but even having a line mentioning it as a possibility would probably be good for plenty of people.

ereinion

It was suggested to me an ascension or two ago, but in my most recent one it wasn't. Dunno if it was just a hiccup though :p

Bale

Minion
I'd like to make a small coding suggestion. The recent change of lead pipe to oversized pipe led me to the following section of the script:

Code:
    SmashedItem [int] available_smashed_items;
    //To generate a list of everything:
    //clear; ashq foreach it in $items[] if (it.get_related("pulverize").count() > 0 && it.tradeable && !it.quest && it.discardable && it.get_related("pulverize").to_json().contains_text("wad")) print(it.entity_encode());
    //We use this method because it's faster (saves ~20ms or so?) than iterating through all the items.
    foreach it in $items[yakskin pants,acoustic guitarrr,mesh cap,leather chaps,batblade,denim axe,heavy metal thunderrr guitarrr,drywall axe,ridiculously huge sword,Mohawk wig,giant needle,glowing red eye,furry pants,wolf mask,star sword,star crossbow,star staff,star pants,star hat,star buckler,star shirt,giant discarded plastic fork,yakskin skirt,yakskin kilt,furry skirt,furry kilt,giant discarded bottlecap,giant discarded torn-up glove,star spatula,hippy protest button,Lockenstock™ sandals,didgeridooka,bullet-proof corduroys,round purple sunglasses,wicker shield,black sword,black helmet,black shield,kick-ass kicks,beer helmet,distressed denim pants,perforated battle paddle,toy ray gun,toy space helmet,astronaut pants,toy jet pack,pygmy nose-bone,big bad voodoo mask,pygmy spear,headhunter necktie,pointed stick,black belt,oversized pipe,reinforced beaded headband,fire poi,bejeweled pledge pin,Gaia beads,hippy medical kit,Slow Talkin' Elliot's dogtags,longhaired hippy wig,C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E. button,orange peel hat,flowing hippy skirt,bottle opener belt buckle,keg shield,giant foam finger,war tongs,asbestos apron,beaten-up Chucks,wreath of laurels,Danglin' Chad's loincloth,tube sock,energy drink IV,Elmley shades,beer bong,goatskin umbrella,wool hat,round green sunglasses,Ankh of Badahnkadh,giant cactus quill,wonderwall shield,palm-frond capris,extra-large palm-frond toupee,palm-frond cloak,Iiti Kitty phone charm,nasty rat mask,ratskin belt,bat hat,bat-ass leather jacket,catskin cap,catskin buckler,mummy mask,gauze shorts,black greaves,black cowboy hat,Maxwell's Silver Hammer,happiness,armgun,beer-a-pult,cast-iron legacy paddle,giant driftwood sculpture,massive sitar,stone baseball cap,blackberry slippers,blackberry moccasins,blackberry combat boots,battered hubcap,shiny hood ornament,furniture dolly,Earring of Fire,Pendant of Fire,Ring of Fire,Ice-Cold Beerring,Ice-Cold Aluminum Necklace,Ice-Cold Beer Ring,Unspeakable Earring,Choker of the Ultragoth,The Ring,Nose Ring of Putrescence,Putrid Pendant,Ring of the Sewer Snake,Mudflap-Girl Earring,Mudflap-Girl Necklace,Mudflap-Girl Ring,grumpy old man charrrm bracelet,tarrrnished charrrm bracelet,witty rapier,yohohoyo,booty chest charrrm bracelet,cannonball charrrm bracelet,copper ha'penny charrrm bracelet,silver tongue charrrm bracelet,buoybottoms,grungy flannel shirt,grungy bandana,grassy cutlass,solid gold pegleg,flamin' bindle,freezin' bindle,stinkin' bindle,spooky bindle,sleazy bindle,'WILL WORK FOR BOOZE' sign,panhandle panhandling hat,cup of infinite pencils,gatorskin umbrella,C.H.U.M. knife,lucky bottlecap,corncob pipe,Mr. Joe's bangles,frayed rope belt,club of the five seasons,rainbow crossbow,groovy prism necklace,six-rainbow shield,decaying wooden oar,giant fishhook,rusty old lantern,jungle drum,world's smallest violin,a butt tuba,charming flute,black kettle drum,magilaser blastercannon,frozen seal spine,rusty piece of rebar,cyber-mattock,X-37 gun,crown-shaped beanie,hopping socks,poodle skirt,letterman's jacket,silver paté knife,silver cheese-slicer,pipe wrench,sleep mask,sock garters,heavy leather-bound tome,guard turtle shell,crowbar,spaghetti cult rosary,spaghetti cult mask,spangly mariachi pants,spangly mariachi vest,spangly sombrero,snailmail coif,snailmail breeches,snailmail hauberk,TΤ◊lisman of Baiø‡,blackberry galoshes,trout fang,bindlestocking,keel-haulin' knife,ancient ice cream scoop,auxiliary backbone,gold crown,flaming sword,giant gym membership card,giant penguin keychain,giant turkey leg,pewter claymore,giant artisanal rice peeler,brown felt tophat,Mark I Steam-Hat,Mark II Steam-Hat,Mark III Steam-Hat,Mark IV Steam-Hat,Mark V Steam-Hat,punk rock jacket,giant safety pin,floral-print skirt,spectral axe,super-strong air freshener,Mer-kin gutgirdle,antique machete,surgical mask,head mirror,half-size scalpel,surgical apron,bloodied surgical dungarees,short-handled mop,smirking shrunken head,attorney's badge,pygmy briefs,sphygmomanometer,compression stocking,midriff scrubs,cold water bottle,accordionoid rocca,pygmy concertinette,ghost accordion,peace accordion,alarm accordion,fire hose,plain paper hat,"honey" dipper,skull gearshift knob,Sketcherz™,unrequired jacket,tommy gun,breadchucks,combat fan,red silk skirt,Saturday Night Special,black blade,Jefferson wings,lynyrdskin cap,lynyrdskin tunic,lynyrdskin breeches,Kashmir sweater,red book,red masque,red hot poker,Red X Shield,red badge,red shirt,red coat,red shoe,coal shovel,Bram's choker,plaid pocket square,plaid skirt,sommelier's towel,tarnished tastevin,ghast iron cleaver,ghast iron Garibaldi,ghast iron heater shield,ghast iron codpiece,Pendant of Gargalesis,8-billed baseball cap,extremely wet T-shirt,giant shrimp fork,little black book,black cloak,Lord Soggyraven's Slippers,rubber cape,vampire pellet,unsanitized scalpel]

There is a way to have your cake and eat it too! You can use the original method to generate a list of everything, but only have it generated once you use static. After that it takes no time at all to make use of the previously generated map.

The extra great thing about using static to generate the map is that it will dynamically be modified by KoLmafia every time new items are added or changed in the program so it is future proofed.

Ezandora

Newest release has a bunch of additions for Spelunking. Mostly from whispers in back alleys. It's probably all wrong.

It also violates one of the hidden rules of Guide - it will change game state if you click on the equipment entries. But it's really useful, and limited to that one area, so...

For force-killing the wall of bones, Garbage Nova is not suggested
Partially fixed. Still need to work out that formula.

You can use the original method to generate a list of everything, but only have it generated once you use static.
Rewritten.

Last edited:

Zen00

Hey Ezandora, after very carefully copying what you've done, I finally got my scripts to work off GitHub as well!

Bale

Minion
Nice update.

One thing I just noticed though.. (Dang, I wish I'd posted this yesterday.) The entry for "Kingdom of Loathing High School" should have an associated URL of place.php?whichplace=KOLHS

Magus_Prime

r16157 is confusing Guide. With all the old monsters coming back I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

Code:
Multiple matches against Crimbo Town Toy Factory.
crimbo town toy factory (2005)
crimbo town toy factory (2007)
crimbo town toy factory (2009)
crimbo town toy factory (2012)
old crimbo town toy factory

Magus_Prime

r16163 breaks Guide with the disambiguation of the Clingy Pirate by monster ID and gender.

Code:
Bad monster value: "clingy pirate" (relay_Guide.ash, line 14499)

Bale

Minion
Sigh. Yet another time when Guide didn't auto-update properly. I should know better. Thanks heeheehee.

If Guide just failed to update for you, please tell me what version of KoLmafia you were using. I've been hoping that a recent change to mafia's svn update ability might fix that problem. I'd like to know for sure (by hearing your version number) if it still fails.

Magus_Prime

Bale: it was r16167.

I ran 'svn update" from the gCLI and nothing related to Guide updated. I uninstalled and reinstalled the script, via the Script Manager, and all was well.

Bale

Minion
oh well... I was hoping that bug was fixed, but it failed for you with a recent build. Dangit!

Thanks.

Bale

Minion
OH! Possible! It might be an old corruption of which he was unaware.

I have tried dec and inc many times without incident since you migrated to the updated svnkit. I also updated the repo to 1.8 to I could use a new TortoiseSVN and that might be relevant. Thanks to your comment I am hopeful that the old update bug might be quashed. Hopefully if we see the bug report taper off some more? Unfortunately we were never able to replicate it reliably nor understand its cause, so it is hard to be certain.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I remember an update bug cropping up after using svn move, wherein a bunch of files just got stuck. I have not tried to reproduce that recently, though.

adeyke

There seems to be minor issue with the Big Clipper quest in Conspiracy Island. Everything works normally up to the point where it tells me to return to the radio. When I go to the radio and reply, it tells me how to use Weirdeaux's mansion to level. This is still fine. However, when I then adventure somewhere else, it goes back to telling me to adventure in Weirdeaux's mansion with the fingernail clippers and that I have 23 fingernails / 8 turns remaining. Somehow it's not getting that I already finished the quest.

Ezandora

There seems to be minor issue with the Big Clipper quest in Conspiracy Island. Everything works normally up to the point where it tells me to return to the radio. When I go to the radio and reply, it tells me how to use Weirdeaux's mansion to level. This is still fine. However, when I then adventure somewhere else, it goes back to telling me to adventure in Weirdeaux's mansion with the fingernail clippers and that I have 23 fingernails / 8 turns remaining. Somehow it's not getting that I already finished the quest.

I remember seeing this before. It may be a mafia bug with that quest - questESpClipper being in a state that indicates it's in progress even if it is not. (get questESpClipper to check)

Click on the radio and keep listening to it. I think that clears out the flag as a backup.