Feature - Implemented Familiar categories

Fluxxdog

We currently have 3 familiar categories in KoL: Underwater, Undead, and Robotic. This request is for one of two possibilities:

1) add appropriate boolean proxy fields for each
2) add a "tag" proxy field, a string with a delimited list of specified tags to identify the familiar. No tag mean empty string ("")

The only catch to any of this is the dancing frog, who gains or loses underwater based on his equipment.

I'm waiting for the Pirate familiars next ^^

zarqon

I would like to bump this request, which is now easier to implement given that it's already 2/3 done. The "underwater" record already exists now, and robotic familiars are specified in familiar attributes, so all we still need is the "undead" proxy record, unless there's some sneaky way it's possible to figure this out already that I couldn't find (looking at you, string_modifier and boolean_modifier), in which case this is Implemented. I know of at least a couple scripts that would enjoy not needing hardcoded, non-future-proof lists of familiars. Thanks!

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
So, how do we plan to define them, those available in Zombie Slayer or those that delevel dressed as The Captain ?

Darzil

Developer
A bit, I suggest we track both.

Maybe "undead" and "slayer", for delevels with The Captain and available in Zombie Slayer?

I'd love to say that there is a clear narrative, and Zombie Slayer ones are undead, whereas The Captain one is spooky, but I can't quite see it.

zarqon

I couldn't find the proxy records at first but then saw they were included in attributes. Thanks!