Bug - Waiting for Info Disdain, TTs, and the Hookah

Glazius

I'm not sure if this is a bug per se but it's definitely undesired behavior.

The ittah bittah hookah can stick any buff effect in the game on your character, and I usually run with it since it's also a +5 weight familiar item and I really don't have any better IotM stuff.

This includes "disdain of [a turtle spirit]" going onto Turtle Tamers, whereupon the MP Burner thinks that's a buff I want to keep active and casts the appropriate skill, clobbering my intrinsic and aborting if I have a matching intrinsic up because nothing changed afterwards.

I imagine this also applies to the non-Pastamancer pasta thrall/shield buffs, but I haven't had it happen yet to my Pastamancer so I can't be sure.

It seems like it'd be simple to address - just cut out trying to renew disdain/a failed pasta thrall if you are a TT/PM.

Fluxxdog

r13239 does the to_effect for the skills that can product more than one different effect. Did not change to_skill, as no effect has more than one skill. To_skill does not currently check whether a skill can be cast, so not changing it.
I guess this didn't extends to other places in KoLmafia.

Glazius

Yeah, sorry about the confusion, this is just general "maintain what I've got on me" stuff.

In my defense, I've read way too much Burning Wheel recently.

Glazius

Please explain your defense.

All the sourcebooks for the Burning Wheel RPG are called * Burner. Character Burner, Adventure Burner, Magic Burner, Monster Burner.

So mafia's inbuilt functionality to spend surplus MP on renewing all my buffs and/or summons became the MP Burner.

Darzil

Developer
r13340 - Hopefully this fixes it, using the same code as maximizer uses. We shall see, I can't currently test it as I have no characters with Hookah and appropriate skills at present. It doesn't stop other skills being used by MP burner, so hopefully works.

On a personal note, ewww, Hookah and indiscriminate mana burning. Just wait til you get Spice Ghost or Fridgidalmation and watch all your MP go up in smoke quickly.