New Content - Implemented Turtle Tamer Revamp

mstieler

Ah, whoops. Missed the "DESCID" thing. Here's a few more:

You acquire an effect: Avatar of the War Snapper (duration: 10 Adventures)
You gain 1,000 hit points
You gain 1,000 Muscularity Points
You acquire an effect: Spirit Pariah (duration: 60 Adventures)
--------------------
1432 Avatar of the War Snapper warsnapper.gif d7b0d7a56d0042e1580ca2ff6552bd76
# Avatar of the War Snapper: You take very little damage in combat
# Avatar of the War Snapper: Your regular attacks always hit
# Avatar of the War Snapper: You can unleash the Rage of the War Snapper
--------------------
1423 Grand Blessing of the Storm Tortoise stormtort.gif 8438b5f69ec27dbe4dbec031d32254bf
Grand Blessing of the Storm Tortoise Initiative: +10, Maximum MP: +20
--------------------
1424 Glorious Blessing of the Storm Tortoise stormtort.gif 1172e06f1272bc4aaf756d029727061e
Glorious Blessing of the Storm Tortoise Initiative: +15, Maximum MP: +30
--------------------

Darzil

Developer
r13134 : Quite a few checks added, which I mostly cannot yet verify as I'm only level 11.

Spirit Boon can only be cast with a Blessing. Unverified.
Turtle Power can only be cast with a Glorious Blessing. Unverified.
Blessings cannot be cast with Spirit Pariah. Unverified.
Duration of Spirit Boon depends on Blessing Level. Unverified.
Maximizer only suggests casting a Blessing if you haven't got a better one of the same type or Spirit Pariah. Spirit Pariah bit unverified.
Maximizer only suggests casting a Boon if you have the appropriate Blessing Type. Unverified.
Maximizer only suggests casting Turtle Power if you have the appropriate Glorious Blessing. Unverified.

Darzil

Developer
r13135 :

Casting Blessing causes different effects depending on whether you are a Turtle Tamer or not. Maximizer now knows this.

According to G-D non Turtle Tamers can cast Spirit Boon. No idea what this does, how it works, how many turns it gives. I guess it works off appropriate Distain. Can update mafia once spaded.

Darzil

Developer
Questions outstanding :

How many adventures / combats does it take before Blessings level up to Grand Blessings, and Grand Blessings level up to Glorious Blessings? With and without spirit bell (Without is 30 combats to Grand, and another 70 combats to Glorious?)
What happens if you cast Spirit Boon as a non-Turtle Tamer?
Are there two level 10 skills to learn, which are they? (two level 9 skills were added).
Is there anything else to account for ?

Bale

Minion
Are there two level 10 skills to learn, which are they? (two level 9 skills were added).

Reptilian Fortitude was bumped up from level 9, joining Shieldbutt at level 10.

Darzil

Developer
How many adventures / combats does it take before Blessings level up to Grand Blessings, and Grand Blessings level up to Glorious Blessings? With and without spirit bell (Without is 30 combats to Grand, and another 70 combats to Glorious?)

Combats to Grand Blessing : 30, 23 with spirit bell.
Combats to Glorious Blessing : 70, 50 with spirit bell.

Interestingly this doesn't seem to be a flat % decrease in combats, maybe a % chance of extra progress? Will need more spading, so I'm currently not tempted to track it.

r13148 adds the Avatar skills, a few more which skill can be cast when checks, Spirit Pariah cannot be unaffected, and tracks _turtleBlessingTurns. (We don't do anything with it, but you expect to get Grand Blessing at 30, and Glorious at 100, without the spirit bell)

I think we're down to "What happens if you cast Spirit Boon as a non-Turtle Tamer?" and maybe adding some messages for spell failure message recognition.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
I think we're down to "What happens if you cast Spirit Boon as a non-Turtle Tamer?" and maybe adding some messages for spell failure message recognition.

"You are not attuned to any particular Turtle Spirit, so you can't receive any boons."

Fluxxdog

Is there a way to have to_skill() and to_effect() return the proper values for Spirit Boon based on your blessing? For example, to_effect($skill[Spirit Boon]) returns $effect[Blessing of the Storm Tortoise] if you have one of the appropriate blessings. to_skill($effect[Boon of She-Who-Was]) returns none if you have a War Snapper blessing.

Darzil

Developer
Is there a way to have to_skill() and to_effect() return the proper values for Spirit Boon based on your blessing? For example, to_effect($skill[Spirit Boon]) returns $effect[Blessing of the Storm Tortoise] if you have one of the appropriate blessings. to_skill($effect[Boon of She-Who-Was]) returns none if you have a War Snapper blessing.

r13239 does the to_effect for the skills that can product more than one different effect. Did not change to_skill, as no effect has more than one skill. To_skill does not currently check whether a skill can be cast, so not changing it.

I think this completes the new content ?

Fluxxdog

Before you close it out, using 13248:
Code:
> ash foreach e in $effects[Boon of the Storm Tortoise,Boon of She-Who-Was,Boon of the War Snapper] print(e+" uses "+e.to_skill());

Boon of the Storm Tortoise uses none
Boon of She-Who-Was uses none
Boon of the War Snapper uses none
Returned: void
Something went wrong.

Darzil

Developer
Edit - Ah, I know what's going on. They are effects with different names to the skill, I'll fix that.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
r13250 :

Code:
> ash foreach e in $effects[Boon of the Storm Tortoise,Boon of She-Who-Was,Boon of the War Snapper] print(e+" uses "+e.to_skill());

Boon of the Storm Tortoise uses Spirit Boon
Boon of She-Who-Was uses Spirit Boon
Boon of the War Snapper uses Spirit Boon
Returned: void