Feature Add text filter to KoL's old style combat

Bale

Minion
I've been using KoL's CAB for a long time. Now that I have the preference relayScriptButtonFirst, I can keep my mouse over the script button. I enjoy alternating between clicking "again" and "script" without needing to move my mouse. That's a good thing and it duplicates functionality I have with the CAB. I like the buttons autofilling with the skills I choose to use and the fact that combat has quicker page loads with mafia's buttons, but there are still two features the CAB has which keep me from switching back to using the stationary buttons. This is one of them:

Roippi adapted Schik's text-filter to the item/skill drop-downs as a standard mafia feature to enhance the CAB. It is incredibly useful to let me easily find any item or skill in the huge drop-down of my many skills and combat items. Unfortunately if I use mafia's stationary buttons I do not have this convenience which means I need to do a lot of scrolling and careful searching of the list to pick out one of my skills.

What is the chances of the text filter getting added to the relevant fields in the old-style skill and item drop-downs?

Darzil

Developer
What exactly doesn't work, and should work? The html for any fight page has <script src="/combatfilter.1.js"></script> on it, which appears to be based on Schik's stuff. This includes a page with mafia's buttons. If I click on a dropdown and type a letter, or series of letters it quickly takes me to the first entry with that letter (more of a pain for skills list, which isn't alphabetical.

Just trying to work out what you expect as I don't actually know what Schik's text filter does, can't find it with google, don't know what Roippi added and when.

Bale

Minion
Probably best if you just see it yourself. Enable the CAB you'll see a text box at the top of the skill and item drop-down lists. Type in that text box and only skills or items that partially match the letters you type will be displayed. You don't have to type the first letters to filter. It will persist between combats, so if you type "disco" it will show all your disco dances and you can easily keep picking from them each round and each combat until you change the contents of the filter.

I know that the regular combat form will keep the last item/skill you selected, but this is actually easier and works on whole groups of related items.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Ah, now I understand my misunderstanding. I thought you were talking about something that only affected the existing combat drop downs when CAB was enabled, rather than something which only affected dropdowns on CAB buttons.

These menus (which I guess don't include Accordion Steal, as the javascript pre-dates it) are built by KoL javascript in actionbar.20120529.js, and then filtered by filters added in combatfilter.1.js.

Not really got any experience of javascript, but it looks like you're asking to add a javascript filter to an html form, and what it currently is is a javascript filter added to a javascript menu.

I think I'll have to leave this to a javascript expert.