Feature - Implemented Get Hot Dog choices to sort when added on visit

Darzil

Developer
Edit - Fixed by my changing login scripts, other than the sort. I guess there is an 'issue' of losing knowledge when you fail to change clan, but maybe that's a bit niche.

Currently it appears Hot Dogs don't appear in the Food section of item manager until you manually visit the Hot Dog stand in relay browser. When you do this they appear at the bottom of the list until you change the sort.

Would it be possible to visit Hot Dog stand when you log in and when you switch stand, if you have a VIP key, and to refresh the list when they are added to it?

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I logged in, did absolutely nothing, and hot dogs are in the item manager. If you switch clans, they will go away. I don't think mafia should visit the hot dog stand every time you switch clans, since there are so many reasons to switch clans that have nothing to do with hot dogs.

Showing up at the bottom of the list is interesting though.

Darzil

Developer
I think I've found my issue there, I have a login script which fires and changes to a specific clan. This fails if I'm already in that clan, but does still clear hot dogs. I'll just add a visit to the hot dog and that should sort me.

So it's just fixing the sort on a manual visit in that case.

Fluxxdog

You know, if there was a what=clan in the api.php, would that help? Like listing clan contents in the Rumpus Rom, VIP, and Hot Dog Stand? Heck, could even have a stash contents in the listing. Though I gotta ask, would it be worthwhile? Iknow stash contents can change from moment to moment, but would it at least be a good starting point?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 12789 refreshes concoctions after visiting the hot dog stand and registering available hot dogs.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This fails if I'm already in that clan, but does still clear hot dogs.
Since we can detect when changing clan fails, we shouldn't call ClanManager.clearCache in that case.

It looks like GenericRequest.run() does this before even submitting the request:

Code:
		if ( location.indexOf( "clan" ) != -1 )
		{
			if ( location.indexOf( "action=leaveclan" ) != -1 || location.indexOf( "action=joinclan" ) != -1 )
			{
				ClanManager.clearCache();
			}
		}
That is very peculiar. I don't understand why normal response parsing isn't used to do this.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I opened a new bug report for that last issue. The "sort hot dogs when get them from a new clan" feature is implemented.