New Content - Implemented Seal Clubber Revamp

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
While it's not actually part of the earlier bug, did find another. ValhallaDecorator will never suggest perm-ing skill 1004 even though it's now available again. This is in listPermanentSkills.

If you tested before 12852, mafia didn't know you had the skill because it didn't recognize the name.

Edit: Or Darzil fixed it in 12850 before I got a chance to look at the code.

Bale

Minion
I got a reply from Gemelli about putting fury into api.php after suggesting it through the bug reporting mechanism.

From Gemelli (#384532) [reply] [quoted]
Date: Sunday, October 13, 2013, 10:08PM
I just put this into the dev logs -- hopefully he'll reply soonish. Thanks!

--Gem

> Please point out to CDMoyer that fury has still not been added to the stats in api.php?what=status. We really need that to get added to api.php so that KoLmafia can fully support the Seal Clubber revamp. This is a reasonably small addition to KoL that would make a large difference for KoLmafia.
>
> Right now we are preparing to issue a major new point release for KoLmafia. We really want the Seal Clubber revamp to be fully implemented when we release it, but we are running out of time.
>
> Please and Thank You,
> Bale.<br>

At least it is going into the dev logs. I wonder what that actually means... I really hope CDM's reply is positive.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Oh? The dev logs refers to saying something in the /dev channel? I'd thought it was something more formal than that. Thanks~

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Jick wrote:

This kinda got buried in the announcement, but I made a quick change to Seal Clubbers before the path rolled out.

Eye of the Stoat is gone -- the bonuses it provided are just part of the Smacks now (and everybody gets the reduced fumble chance, which may be dumb, but I was in a hurry.)

In its place is a skill called Batter Up! It costs 5 fury, and autokills the enemy you use it on, banishing them for the rest of the day. If you banish a second dude the first one comes back.

Also Wallop no longer has that mana cost. And Scowl is 10MP, bringing it in line with the other expressions.

Darzil

Developer
Added getting fury from api.php yesterday. I'm pretty confident, but someone with a seal clubber might want to try running "ash my_fury()" to verify that it's working correctly.

I guess we should perhaps record the enemy currently banished by Batter Up! ?

Bale

Minion
When I log in my fury is 0, even though I currently have 2 fury. Only after refreshing status or charpane does my fury set to the correct value.

Code:
Validating login server ([url]www.kingdomofloathing.com[/url])...
423 players online.
Sending login request...
Initializing session for mauling...
Refreshing session data...
Synchronizing moon data...
Loading character status...
Retrieving character data...
Updating inventory...
Examining Meat in closet...
Updating closet...
Retrieving quest data...
Retrieving familiar data...
Familiar data retrieved.
Retrieving campground data...
Session data refreshed.
Requesting store inventory...
Store inventory request complete.
6 days until Valentine's Day, 3 days until Muscle.
Already updated from [url]http://kolmafia.us/scripts/updateprices.php?action=getmap[/url] in this session.
libramSkillsSoftcore =>

> ash my_fury()

Returned: 0

> refresh status

Loading character status...

(redacted)

Requests complete.

> ash my_fury()

Returned: 2

Darzil

Developer
Hmm, I think that happens because api.php is read before the character's skills are known, and it currently won't let Fury be set higher than they are limited to. I guess maybe I'll add a function that bypasses that check and use it for api.php and charpane.php setting.