Bug - Not A Bug Updating svn while in --CLI mode shows a dialog if adding new files

Rinn

Developer
--CLI mode probably shouldn't be showing any dialogs (especially ones that would block automation).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The entire point is to block automation since user interaction is required to prevent potential security issues. I don't see a good way around this issue.

Rinn

Developer
Yeah I'm not sure how to best fix it either. I'll disable that setting in the meantime and update manually.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Seems like the right solution. If you choose to automatically update your scripts on login, there will be things that require you to interact.If you want to log in with no interaction, don't use that setting.

You expected it to behave differently. I respectfully submit that you need to adjust your expectations; they simply do not agree with how the setting that you opted into operates.

I'd call this Not a Bug.

I'm not sure how to set or unset this, but one problem I had when reinstalling CHIT was that there were so many files that the "Yes" or "No" buttons were not visible at the bottom of the dialog box. Perhaps a scroll bar would be in order if there are too many files.

Last edited: