Bale's Relay Overrides

Winterbay

I did one change to my local copy shrinking the icons for thefort and the florist since thy made my topframe scroll before. Side effect of the dropdown menu-version I guess.

Bale

Minion
Would it be possible to remove or reduce this white space before the links.

I'm thinking it might be easier for me to move the florist and raidlog link to the left (since the drop-down menu is on the right) or does Skyelf not have a drop-down menu of relay scripts? Would that solve her problem?

Would people find it unpleasant to see the hobo fortress (and possibly florist friar) on the left instead of right?

Bale

Minion
I've got a question: Does anyone use those links on the bottom row?

Of the bottom row, the only ones I see a need to keep are highighted in red. I want to know who agrees with me.
documentation report bug store donate forums radio pvp

Obviously if folks use them I won't kill them.

Theraze

On purpose? Not me. Accidentally when I'm using a touch screen and my finger slips? All the time! :D

Bale

Minion
Here's a draft of the proposed changes. Note that I moved all town stuff to the bottom row.

Please download this to /relay and feel free to over-write the old version. (You can always restore the original with svn dec topmenu; svn update topmenu)

Please give me comments!

Edit: Outdated attachment removed

Last edited:
I'm thinking it might be easier for me to move the florist and raidlog link to the left (since the drop-down menu is on the right) or does Skyelf not have a drop-down menu of relay scripts? Would that solve her problem?

Would people find it unpleasant to see the hobo fortress (and possibly florist friar) on the left instead of right?

Sorry, I had to get home to answer this question. She does have the drop down relay script menu (which is quite wide on her screeen).

Last edited:
So I took a look at the draft. First of all it completely fixes Skyelf's problem. Cheers for that.

May I suggest putting the ( W / R ) right after town because it's part of the town, and capping the letters so it's easier to see given that they are only 1 letter.
Also putting in some whitespace so it's easier to click on? Pretty much what I have above.

Also, were you still going to do the "wiki" link? I didn't see that one.

Everything else looks very good.

Bale

Minion
Previously I suggested that I don't use the "forum" link and asked if others do use it. Nobody spoke up in its defense. I guess I should put that back.

What about documentation, store and radio? They are unneeded, right?

Last edited:

Winterbay

Previously I suggested that I don't use the "forum" link and asked if others do use it. Nobody spoke up in its defense. I guess I should put that back.

What about documentation, store and radio? They are unneeded, right?

I tend to use the store link (and have used the radio link on occasion but have that bookmarked now instead), but given that I use the drop downs I'm not affected :)

Bale

Minion
Thanks. Fixed it. Still waiting for comments telling me that I screwed something up.

My current version, attached:

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

documentation-No. I just never seem to hit it.
report bug-Yes. Even though half the time I am reminded about mafia and go to vanilla to verify.
store-No. If I go there, I go through the website to hit it.
donate-Yes. Usually Once a month.
forums-Yes. G-D it, yes! ^^
radio-Eh, I use it, but only if it tickles my interest. Less than when I donate.
pvp-Well, as you said, that's definitely a need.

I can do without the kol "documentation" link, and the "radio" link. The only time I ever need the "store" link is at Christmas time (so I really don't need that).

By the way, this is me re-re-expressing my appreciation for this work. It really makes a big difference for me. I am just about ready to chuck greasemonkey
out the window.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
After listening to people in this thread I restored the forums link and made various other changes. Only the link to the radio was sacrificed to save space. I apologize in advance to anyone who edited the last version of this script in their svn directory because almost everything was either changed or moved.

svn update