First Things First -- a multipurpose pre-combat consult script

Status
Not open for further replies.

mredge73

It works without the return! Thanks
I modified my FTF with this addition.

Now I need to find a way to get Smart Stasis to work with it...
I need it to still use the magnet when the tools come up.
(this has never worked for me anyway so I don't expect it to start working now)

Attachments

• FirstThingsFirst.ash
    9.4 KB · Views: 25

zarqon

The magnet will still work, since that happens in SmartStasis, not FTF. (By the way, I just fixed the gremlin stasis issue in SmartStasis 1.4, so it should work for you now.)

kain

Line 159 of FTF needs a quick change to:

return act(throw_items(flyers, $item[antique hand mirror]));

It was throwing the hand mirror first, killing the GMOB and then trying to throw the flyers. This might be the first time I've gone against the GMOB with both funkslinging AND a mirror ... so that's probably why I never noticed it before.

Code:
[1245] Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: Having a Medicine Ball
choice.php?whichchoice=105&option=3&pwd
Encounter: The Guy Made Of Bees
Round 0: solomonster wins initiative!
Round 1: solomonster casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: solomonster uses the antique hand mirror and uses the rock band flyers!
Round 2: Gronald smiles approvingly.
You acquire an effect: Bad Luck (duration: 7 Adventures)
You acquire an item: guy made of bee pollen
You gain 7 Strengthliness
You gain 29 Enchantedness
You gain 13 Chutzpah
outfit Frat Warrior Fatigues

StormCrow42

I don't know if you've considered moving it here, but you might want to consider giving FTF the ability to kill hidden city spectres with elemental items and/or spells. That would nicely remove the need for the logic from the wossname script. The order or preference might go:

1. Elemental items like bottles of alcohol
2. Best available elemental spell
3. Love songs

StormCrow42

One more thing I noticed, is that FTF throws noodles when we don't get the jump, even if we're "in the clear". That seems to be a waste of 3 MP most of the time.

Edit: well except that noodling also makes sense if we're going to flyer or putty the monster.

Last edited:
hi, i'm a little new to all this advanded scripting thing and I have a little request:

could you please make a user-friendly, noob-proof starting guide or something like that? just downloaded the script (this and SmartStasis) and when I ejecute the script from the kolmafia script menu a tiny window pops-up and ask me to input some values to configure the script (int initround, monster foe etc), and I have no idea what they mean (well, monster foe loos pretty obvious, but I still don't know how that works) and obviously I can't configure it without knowing that kind of stuff

thanks in advance (obviously it would be great if you make another guide for the SmartStasis)

erm, yeah, but it really don't say much

Optionally, edit the script to configure your safety threshold and Olfacted monsters.

it tells you to configure it but it doesn't tell you how or what the options the script ask you to configure mean, and if you look at my post you see that I asked for a guide to configure it, not to make it work (the instructions of how to use it ar pretty clear, but it doesn't tell you how to configure it)

Last edited:

StormCrow42

it tells you to configure it but it doesn't tell you how or what the options the script ask you to configure mean, and if you look at my post you see that I asked for a guide to configure it, not to make it work (the instructions of how to use it ar pretty clear, but it doesn't tell you how to configure it)

You don't call the script from the CLI. You put it in your CCS as specified in the first post. The comments inside the script should be sufficient to explain what to change. For the most part, you don't need to change anything unless you've got Olafaction and want to sniff more or different monsters than the defaults (bounty monsters when collecting a bounty and otherwise profitable monsters in a few zones).

SmartStasis works the same way (you need FTF too, but you put SS into the CCS instead), but requires even less customization.

zarqon

2.5 Updates

• Improved handling vs. the GMOB in the event that you threw the flyers without Noodles and somehow survived. Will now either throw the mirror (if you have it) or try to run away. A little better than just assuming you were willing to take the smackdown in the face.
  • Now properly detects gluttonous ghosts being empty-stomached -- for use by SmartStasis (or other CCS's that import FTF... note that the container script would have to set the name of the player's GGG for it to work).
  • No longer defaults to attacking in the event that you don't do anything else, since that requirement was eliminated. (Thanks Jason!)
  • No longer casts Noodles if you're in the clear. Woops!

@kain and StormCrow: Thanks for bringing those bugs to my attention.

@StormCrow: As for fighting hidden city spectres, FTF's "special item" use is geared towards items that you always want to use against specific monsters, and are usually once-only. FTF is not written to handle combats -- just do whatever needs doing prior to combat, before handing the combat off to whatever is next (either SmartStasis or the next step in your CCS). Combat items/skills vs. spectres would fall into the third section of my planned CCS suite ("combat") -- which is unfortunately still nothing but a whole bunch of ideas in my head.

@DeathPhoenyx: Looks like the others have cleared some things up for you, but in case you are still scratching your head in confusion, here are some further tips.

- When it says "edit the script to configure..." that means opening the script not in mafia but rather in an ordinary text editor (such as Notepad). There is more information in the text of the script about how to configure the script.
- This script should not be run from the scripts menu in mafia. It must instead be added to your CCS as described in the first post. Mafia will then automatically run the script whenever you auto-adventure, assuming your battle action is set to "custom combat script." No little windows requesting information will pop up in that case.

StormCrow42

Well, I have a Mac.
I also have TextEdit and NeoOffice.
Which should I use?

TextEdit sounds more likely to not mangle the script with special formating.

In any event, FTF and SS are pretty well configured out of the box, you really only need to change things if you have Olafaction and want to customize what you use it on, or if you have a GGG and want SS to work with it.

jasonharper

Developer
TextEdit will work, just make sure it's set to edit plain text rather than rich text.

If you want a much better text editor for free, get Text Wrangler from barebones.com

StormCrow42

• No longer casts Noodles if you're in the clear. Woops!

One thing I missed here is that you probably do want to noodle anyway if you're going to putty the monster, insult it, or plaster flyers on it, since those actions cause automatic hits otherwise.

Thanks for the help!
(Don't mind the line breaks, I kind of like everything to be on a separate line after a period, if they are not closely related.)

WildAnimal

When i use the script (via Custom combat script), i used to work perfect, but suddenly everytime its turned on, and i meet a monster it says with red letters:

"You are on your own, partner" (or something like that).
and then pops up a browser windows with the combat, really annoying.
what did I do wrong suddenly? and have you other guys experinced it?

it has worked fine for months, now suddenly it dont, and i have tryed it on a fresh install of KolMAfia and all that stuff, no change. and on both my characters.

zarqon

If you try it using the latest daily build of mafia, I'm pretty sure that problem will magically disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.