Feature choice adventure selection options for The Hidden Heart of the Hidden Temple

Ferdawoon

Hidden Temple unsupported choice adcenture #580

Code:
Request 3 of 38 (Woods: Hidden Temple) in progress...

[92007] Hidden Temple
Encounter: The Hidden Heart of the Hidden Temple
Unsupported choice adventure #580
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

choice 1: Go through the door
choice 2: Go down the stairs
choice 3: Go back the way you came
r11010

I have the choice setting to "Hidden Temple (sun) - gain ancient calendar fragment" yet when I go to the webbrowser to see where it stopped, it is during the Sun gate. All I have to do is to click that I want to go through the door and I get the fragment.

I've got this both during a script and when just running adventures there to see if could have been some part of the script that changed my choice adventure setting without me knowing it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You configured this adventure and got this adventure, which is one of these adventures that apparently all have the same choice adventure number.

This looks like a feature request (so I've changed it to that instead of a Bug) to have a way to control the choice adventure that you got, which appears to be a nontrivial task.

Ferdawoon

You configured this adventure and got this adventure, which is one of these adventures that apparently all have the same choice adventure number.

This looks like a feature request (so I've changed it to that instead of a Bug) to have a way to control the choice adventure that you got, which appears to be a nontrivial task.

Ahh, well honestly I have no idea how Mafia do that. For me it is just an utter maze, this new Hidden Temple =S

All I know is that there is a choice adv selection available, and that it don't seem to work properly (as in it dont accomplish what the text in the selection say it will try to do), hence why I tagged it as a bug.

Session log show me this when I get the adv and then manually click the button to get the fragment.
Code:
Took choice 580/1: unknown
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=580&option=1
You acquire an item: ancient calendar fragment

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The adventure you are setting there is a different one than what you encounter. You're telling it to set up the Sun adventure, which has absolutely nothing to do with what happens once you see the Sun adventure. You could type "set choiceAdventure580 = 1" and get fragments, I think, but if you ever get one of those adventures besides Sun it will probably do something different than what you want.

Ferdawoon

The adventure you are setting there is a different one than what you encounter. You're telling it to set up the Sun adventure, which has absolutely nothing to do with what happens once you see the Sun adventure. You could type "set choiceAdventure580 = 1" and get fragments, I think, but if you ever get one of those adventures besides Sun it will probably do something different than what you want.

Ahh, so they are different? I thougtht it would simply always go to the sun gate and when reaching the sun gate always take the calendar frag, but there are adventures that lead up to the sun gate that behave differently in Mafia?

Well in that case, a feature request to see if there is an "easy" way to make the results in the Temple available through the choice adventure dropdowns sound like a good idea =)

Theraze

Problem with that is that if you don't have the nostril of the serpent, you can't guarantee which of the choices you'll be getting next time similar to hobo codes except that, given an infinite number of server hits, you will eventually get the non-pikachu zone you want.

This is probably a case where writing a short script that checks to see which adventure you've got selected and changes it if you don't have the one you like is the best choice. But even then, it gets complicated due to the lack of a run_choice() function built into mafia...

Just set it to show in browser, pick the option you want, then set choice580 to just take the fragment until you change your mind?

goom

while adventureing with nostril (so the levers are no longer confusing) can such a feature be added to select the right choice based on image name rather then choice adventure number?
i'm aware it will make the choice adventure list rediculusly long but i think it will aid automation.

Theraze

Shouldn't be ridiculously long... just if you reach the hidden heart, take this adventure... where this is show in browser, one of the 4 choices, or being poisoned. Six options, one display. The problem is whether you have that known or not... would really need two options, one for known heart, one for unknown heart.

Aoi

Only tangentially related in the sense that it's in the Hidden Temple too, but 579 and 581 are unsupported as well. Intentional?

slyz

Developer
I can't check the source right now, but I'm pretty sure those two adventures should be handled in the Choice Adv panel.

Theraze

They currently aren't. The only visible Hidden Temple option is which of the 4 choices for 580 you'd like. Which is why I suggested making a new FReq. :)

slyz

Developer
They were supported for the Relay Browser, but someone (me) didn't add what was needed for them to appear in the Choice Adv panel.

Fixed in r11284

Last edited:

devjoe

They were supported for the Relay Browser, but someone (me) didn't add what was needed for them to appear in the Choice Adv panel.

Fixed in r11284

I am experiencing a problem with this as well, and I don't see any option like this on the choice advs panel. With Woods: Hidden Temple selected, I see:

Spooky Forest
Black Forest
Hidden Temple 1: Such Great Heights (This is, I believe, the Fitting In adventure that occurs after using stone wool)
Hidden Temple 2: Hidden Temple (Sun) - gain ancient calendar fragment
Hidden Temple De... glowing fungus
Hidden Temple Hei... gain 3 adv then skip adventure
Spooky Forest Va...
Spooky Forest Va...
Typical Tavern 1:
Typical Tavern 2:
Whitey's Grove 1:
Whitey's Grove 2:
Whitey's Grove 3:

Where is the option to tell it to go through the door?

Now, that said, I am experiencing it only some of the time. Sometimes it appears to successfully go through the door. Other times it stops on Unsupported choice adventure #580. I am using r11438 daily build.

Theraze

Hidden Temple 2, where you've set it to do the Sun... you want it to do that one and just go forwards through it. Set it to whichever one you want. Note that you do need the Nostril to be able to automate it... if you don't have it yet, get it. Then automate.

If you have a bug... report it. With logs. Please. :)

Don't attach it to a slightly (but mostly not) related bug report that has since been fixed.

slyz

Developer
r11284 finished adding support only for choice adventures 579 and 581, which are straightforward.

Choice adventure 580 (The Hidden Heart of the Hidden Temple) is still not supported by Mafia. I changed the thread prefix from "Implemented" to "Feature"

devjoe

Thanks. I guess I was confused about what was implemented here. I have the nostril and the set choiceAdventure580 = 1 workaround seems to be working.

Chish

I would be very happy if I could get mafia to point at "Go down the stairs" instead of at "Go through the door" on the various Hidden Hearts of the Hidden Temple. Please add an option to do this. Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I, too, was just reminded that that is the only choice option in the Hidden Temple that does not show spoilers.

It would be nice if it would tell you what "going through the door" will do for you, since it is different, depending on which image is on the door (and in the HTML text). You can change the image by "Going down the stairs" - either randomly or as desired, depending on whether you have the Nostril of the Serpent.

(Actually, according to Wikipedia, the first time you do that, you lose the Nostril of the Serpent, but will still have "Unconfusing Buttons" to change the image as desired forever more. Not that anybody ever does that, in an ascension context. :))

Code:
use 1 stone wool
You acquire an effect: Stone-Faced (duration: 5 Adventures)
choice.php?forceoption=0

[608] Hidden Temple
Encounter: Fitting In
Took choice 582/2: Hidden Heart of the Hidden Temple
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=582&option=2
Encounter: Stone-Faced
You lose an effect: Stone-Faced
Took choice 580/2: unknown
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=580&option=2
Encounter: Unconfusing Buttons
Took choice 584/4: Hidden Temple (Pikachutlotal) - Hidden City unlock
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=584&option=4
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=580&option=1
Encounter: At Least It's Not Full Of Trash
Took choice 123/2: Unlock Quest Puzzle
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=123&option=2
Encounter: Now What?
Encounter: Beginning at the Beginning of Beginning

tiles.php?action=jump&whichtile=4
tiles.php?action=jump&whichtile=6
tiles.php?action=jump&whichtile=3
tiles.php?action=jump&whichtile=5
tiles.php?action=jump&whichtile=7
tiles.php?action=jump&whichtile=6
tiles.php?action=jump&whichtile=3
Encounter: No Visible Means of Support
Took choice 125/3: Unlock Hidden City
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=125&option=3
Note the:

Took choice 580/2: unknown

The first time, it had the Sun image, and I went down the stairs.
The second time, it had the Pikachu image, and I went through the door.

It is choice 580 in both cases - but the choices differ, depending on what the image is currently set to. And setting the image persists until you ascend. We could certainly change what we show as a spoiler based on what we see in the HTML of the choice page, but doing something sensible depending on whether you have (or have used the Nostril of the Serpent) while automating would require some work - and some designing to decide what the right behavior is. :)

Malurth

Support for choice adventure #580?

You know, the Hidden Temple choice adventure where you walk through the door of choosing (choosing via the nostril of the serpent) or walk away and get poisoned. It doesn't have mafia support for whatever reason, so I can't automate adventures in there without manually choosing every time this choice adv pops up.

I mean I guess it's not really a bug so much as an omission, but still.