Best Between Battle Script Ever -- formerly AutoMCD

Bale

Minion
People actually use that function during ascension? I thought it was purely an aftercore thing.

Theraze

Eh, if you're lazy and shuffling through, then why not?

But shazbot, apparently that's due to a mafia weirdness bit... it marks have_familiar for the familiars you can't actually use, probably so that people don't try to re-acquire them, but the familiar isn't actually available. So... the easiest thing to do is probably to throw is_unrestricted(f) in there after the have_familiar check. That will automatically eliminate non-available familiars. :)

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
But shazbot, apparently that's due to a mafia weirdness bit... it marks have_familiar for the familiars you can't actually use

Does this mean that you are also seeing this behavior, and it isn't just illarion? That should not be happening. But based on the rest of your post, it sounds like you missed the revision notes about that, and the conversation across a few threads that illarion and I have had. But that doesn't make sense either, since you responded in one of those conversations. So I don't know what to make of your post.

In case you don't know, have_familiar() is supposed to return false for familiars you can't use in the current path.

Theraze

Well, shazbot's suggestion of #581 only applies if have_familiar didn't do that for him already.

Personally, I don't have any of the nifty dropping familiars. So while I may turn that switch on, it doesn't do anything for me. :D

Theraze

Nope, not even a spleener. Makes HCO ascensions slow running with only 40 adventures per day. :p

Slow and steady feels like a speed run. Heh.

digitrev

Looks like BBB will need to update for the new Turtle Taming changes. No idea as to what those are yet, but I suspect you'll have to update for them.

zarqon

r18 Update!

First, I removed all the code for auto-taming turtles. Oh, the sweat and tears that went into all that code, and all for naught. C'est la vie.

Second, BBB now supports the new Black Forest choicemaze. At highest priority, it will go for any specified goals (and note that until you've fully explored the forest it will consider the galoshes a goal). Then, if you're decked out in sufficient black gear, it will go for the +items buff. Finally, if you're still adventuring there after unlocking it, it will go for getting one of each of the black armaments pieces. After all that, it will default to fighting bushes.

zarqon

@lost: Easy enough to set it as a goal, but it would be an improvement if it automatically grabbed one.

@Razor: Yay for laziness! It's a holiday in Korea so I'm being lazy and working on scripts. :)

digitrev

So it occurred to me that something I would rather like BBB to do for me is swap to the appropriate Flavour of Magic for the location (especially since it's now a no-cost spell). If you'd be willing to implement this feature (and I rather hope you would), I've provided a Location -> Best Element table for you. Most places only have one type of elemental enemy (or none), which makes it trivial to decide which flavour to use. For those with more than one (the ones at the top), I selected the element that maximized the number of weaknesses it could exploit, or (for the Haunted Pantry for instance), any element that wouldn't be blocked by the monster's type. For every other location, there's no need to change the Flavour, since either there's every element available, or none at all.

If this is a feature that you'd rather not implement (and I wouldn't be offended if you did decide that), I might make this for myself.

Code:
Location	Best Element
The "Fun" House	cold
The Bugbear Pen	hot
The Corpse Bog	hot
The eXtreme Slope	cold
The Haunted Pantry	sleaze
The Nightmare Meatrealm	stench
The Road to the White Citadel	sleaze
The Ruined Wizard Tower	hot
A Kitchen Drawer	sleaze
A-Boo Peak	stench
Anemone Mine	spooky
Anger Man's Level	sleaze
Burnbarrel Blvd.	sleaze
Cobb's Knob Harem	spooky
Cobb's Knob Kitchens	sleaze
Exposure Esplanade	hot
Fear Man's Level	stench
Frat House	spooky
Galley	cold
Haert of the Cyrpt	stench
Hippy Camp	cold
Infernal Rackets Backstage	sleaze
Kegger in the Woods	spooky
Lair of the Ninja Snowmen	hot
McMillicancuddy's Back 40	sleaze
McMillicancuddy's Bog	cold
McMillicancuddy's Family Plot	stench
McMillicancuddy's Other Back 40	spooky
McMillicancuddy's Pond	hot
Mist-Shrouded Peak	hot
Morgue	stench
Navigation	stench
Oil Peak	spooky
Outskirts of Camp Logging Camp	stench
Pandamonium Slums	sleaze
Post-Cyrpt Cemetary	stench
Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary	stench
Sloppy Seconds Diner	spooky
Summoning Chamber	stench
Swamp Beaver Territory	cold
The Ancient Hobo Burial Ground	stench
The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert	sleaze
The Batrat and Ratbat Burrow	cold
The Battlefield (Frat Uniform)	cold
The Battlefield (Hippy Uniform)	spooky
The Caliginous Abyss	stench
The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)	sleaze
The Dark and Spooky Swamp	cold
The Dark Elbow of the Woods	sleaze
The Dark Heart of the Woods	sleaze
The Dark Neck of the Woods	sleaze
The Defiled Alcove	stench
The Defiled Cranny	stench
The Defiled Niche	stench
The Defiled Nook	stench
The Degrassi Knoll Gym	spooky
The Edge of the Swamp	cold
The F'c'le	cold
The Feeding Chamber	cold
The Filthworm Queen's Chamber	cold
The Fun-Guy Mansion	spooky
The Hatching Chamber	cold
The Haunted Ballroom	stench
The Haunted Bathroom	stench
The Haunted Bedroom	stench
The Haunted Billiards Room	stench
The Haunted Boiler Room	sleaze
The Haunted Conservatory	stench
The Haunted Gallery	stench
The Haunted Laboratory	stench
The Haunted Library	stench
The Haunted Nursery	stench
The Haunted Storage Room	stench
The Haunted Wine Cellar	stench
The Heap	cold
The Hidden Office Building	spooky
The Hippy Camp (Bombed Back to the Stone Age)	cold
The Hole in the Sky	spooky
The Icy Peak	hot
The Knob Shaft	stench
The Laugh Floor	sleaze
The Marinara Trench	stench
The Middle Chamber	stench
The Oasis	stench
The Obligatory Pirate's Cove	spooky
The Orcish Frat House (Bombed Back to the Stone Age)	spooky
The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob	sleaze
The Post-Mall	cold
The Purple Light District	spooky
The Red Zeppelin	stench
The Royal Guard Chamber	cold
The Sleazy Back Alley	cold
The Smut Orc Logging Camp	spooky
The Spooky Forest	stench
The Spooky Gravy Burrow	stench
The Sunken Party Yacht	spooky
The Upper Chamber	stench
The Weird Swamp Village	cold
The Wildlife Sanctuarrrrrgh	cold
The Wreck of the Edgar Fitzsimmons	stench
Wartime Frat House	cold
Wartime Frat House (Hippy Disguise)	spooky
Wartime Hippy Camp	spooky
Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise)	cold
Waste Processing	cold

I like this idea (and have just added it to my personal Between Battle script), but you might want to have it explicitly turn off Flavour for zones with all five elements (like Dreadsylvania). I'd rather not run it at all than have my Pastamancer spells shut down for 1/5 of my fights.

Theraze

My expectation is that this should be locked behind a boolean, something like setFlavour or a similar name. If you're adventuring in a location (not $location[none] from an item, for example) and it doesn't have a specific 'best', shrug the effect. This would allow WHAM or whatever to still decide if the random spell is best, but not lock me in quite as hard.

Crowther

I really like digitrev's idea. The increased damage would save meat, which sometimes is very helpful.
If you're adventuring in a location (not $location[none] from an item, for example) and it doesn't have a specific 'best', shrug the effect. This would allow WHAM or whatever to still decide if the random spell is best, but not lock me in quite as hard.
But then you are giving up the Spell Damage +10, which they all give. Currently, I just cast flavor (cold) and never turn it off, but I have plenty of other spells to fall back on when fighting the wrong elements.

Theraze

Well, here's one that does what I talked about above. If you want to set a different default, just change the default case from nothing to peppermint. :) I also made it return the string which it wants to cast for the zone, and gave an optional boolean to allow whether or not you want it to actually change your skills or just report. The reporting system will work whether you have bbb_auto_flavour on or off. It defaults to false, currently, though it could just as easily default to true. Anyways... file.

And note that it would definitely be better done as a map file, but then I'd need to upload it to the map manager, and spend more than 10 minutes pulling this together. So... hardcoded list for now.

Edit: Just as a side note, it's probably easier to just set your default to 'current' which will default to not changing it if the zone does not have an explicit setting, so that if you decide to run sleazily through Twitch, it won't try to freeze you out. For example.

Edit2: Just realized that the original version cast spirit of nothing every time when there wasn't a current flavour. Fixed.

Attachments

• BestBetweenBattle.ash
    55.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

zarqon

It's a lovely idea -- in fact, I've had that functionality in my mood script ever since I permed that skill (except it calculates the element rather than referencing a chart). However, I feel that effects management does belongs in a mood rather than a betweenBattleScript so I'm not likely to add this to BBB unless convincing arguments can be presented as to its belonging.

Bale

Minion
Could you post that code from your mood script? I'd love to see it. I love the idea, but I prefer the flexibility of calculating it from mafia's data since it will automatically update to match new content as soon as kolMafia updates.