Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Between Battle Script Ever -- formerly AutoMCD

Is there any way to stop the script from trying to reset the MCD every turn while in BM?

Is there any way to stop the script from trying to reset the MCD every turn while in BM?
    Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Hmm... looks like a check for that should probably get added into zlib...
    Probably change line 353 in zlib.ash from
    Code:
    if (!to_boolean(vars["automcd"]) || (my_ascensions() < 1)) return true;
    to
    Code:
    if (!to_boolean(vars["automcd"]) || (my_ascensions() < 1) || in_bad_moon()) return true;
    Before you ask, please check the FAQ.
    Veracity: My "humble opinion" trumps your "humble opinion". IMHO.

Developer

While you wait for Zarqon to implement StDoodle's suggestion, apparently you can simply set the zlib var automcd to false, by typing zlib automcd = false in the gCLI.
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob

Any chance of an update to address the The Spooky Forest changes?

I'm quite behind in updating my scripts. But yes, the next version will have updated handling (or at the very least, no handling) for the Spooky Forest choice tree. It will take a bit of research to put together. If anyone with more time than me cares to post a "patch" of sorts, that would speed things along.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I'm quite behind in updating my scripts. But yes, the next version will have updated handling (or at the very least, no handling) for the Spooky Forest choice tree. It will take a bit of research to put together. If anyone with more time than me cares to post a "patch" of sorts, that would speed things along.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    I'm not even sure how to detect all the various things necessary to determine what to do in the forest without constantly hitting up the quest log. It might be impossible. No handling is probably best.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

As I understand it, mafia will override BBB for quest items if there are appropriate conditions set...?
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Well, depends on what you're doing... choice tree or condition. I usually mark choice tree, forgetting that BBB will kill it immediately.

What should probably eventually get set would be the quest tree... As I'm pondering, I'd probably suggest larva first to finish level 2, then tree coin (since that gives 300 meat as well), using the coin to get the map, fertilizer, to the bar hunter for the sapling (since you got 300 meat from the coin, you can afford the 100 even if you haven't killed any bar)... if it's possible to automate, probably auto-sell all bar skin and then buy the tree... then get the wooden stakes, a stolen accordion (for the eventual NS entryway), and leave the final goal on either spices or skip adventure...

How is the script to know if you've gotten the larva without checking the quest log? How does it know whether you need to get the coin or you've already opened the temple? Perhaps I'm missing something obvious and you're gaping at my foolishness, but I think that these are problems and constantly checking the quest log is not a good solution.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

This is still possible using goals. The only difficulty is what should take precedence when no tree-specific goals are set. Off the top of my head, I'd think getting totem/accordion to cast any available skills first -- although getting bottles of blood if you have the requisite amount of vampire hearts may be better.
    Sig by JakAtk