missingManuel.ash - Yet Another Manuel Script!

Turing

missingManuel 1.42

Based on AutoManuel.ash, I've been working on a script to scan Monster Manuel and get a list of monsters with missing factoids. I keep tuning it to work with the latest KolMafia build.

The script will ask if you want to display the full list. Selecting yes will list all monsters. Selecting no will only list monsters for which you still need to hunt factoids. Monsters are sorted by area. Totals at the end may not be fully accurate.

Comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Code:
svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/missingmanuel/code/trunk/

Special thanks to Veracity for rewriting this script and adding functionality to KolMafia to make this it a whole lot more maintainable.

Bale

Minion
Thank you. This is the very first Manuel script which does what I desire. You actually produce usefully formatted output designed to assist in hunting and identifying uncollected factoids.

Thank you!

Now for minor criticism so that it can become even better. This is the end of my own output:

=================================
[Unsorted]
7-Foot Dwarf (3)
Black Pudding (3)
Darkness (3)
Family of Kobolds (3)
Mountain Man (3)
Professor Jacking (3)
Scary Pirate (3)
Servant Of Lord Flameface (3)

Skulldozer (1)
The Avatar of Sneaky Pete (3)
The Luter (3)

The Thing with No Name (1)
Wu Tang the Betrayer (3)
Unrecognized: enormous blob of gray goo (0)
Unrecognized: largish blob of gray goo (0)
Unrecognized: little blob of gray goo (0)

Obviously the blobs of goo are not your fault since mafia does not recognize them yet, but some of the unsorted factoids need sorting. Mountain Man belongs in his zone. The 7-foot dwarf does no longer exist. The Avatar of Sneaky Pete and The Luter belong in an Avatar of Boris section. I'd like to see The Thing with No Name listed in his own place after [The Glacier of Jerks] so we can see him with his associates and the same for Professor Jacking after the [Huge-A-Ma-tron].

I suppose the rest of those can remain unsorted.

Crowther

Thank you. This is the very first Manuel script which does what I desire. You actually produce usefully formatted output designed to assist in hunting and identifying uncollected factoids.
I was open to suggestions for autoManuel. :p

Anyway, I'm very glad Turing is picking this up. I too prefer this style output and he's put in lots of effort into dealing with the bugs and irregularities that I didn't have much patients for.

Bale

Minion

Unfortunately I didn't know what suggestion to make. Turing was the man with the plan.

(At least your script works, unlike BCC's addition to snapshot.)

Last edited:

Turing

Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn't really planning on publishing the script, just something I could use and modify according to my needs, but I shared it with some people and one of them suggested I post it here. And your script really helped me learn the ropes, so thanks for that. This is my first script, after all.

Bale said:
The 7-foot dwarf does no longer exist.

I was under the impression the 7-foot dwarf was in FaxNet, which is why it's still in the list. I'll see what I can do about moving Jacking and Thing with No Name, but because of the way I wrote the script, I don't have total control over the order of the areas. I can probably work something out.

Thanks for the feedback.

Turing

Version 1.1 is up. I have included the changes suggested by Bale, along with a few others to better group monsters and sort areas.

Erich

Got this running it:

Bad monster value: "BÈarnaise zombie" (missingManuel.ash, line 69)

edit: manually fixed it, and got this:

Bad monster value: "El Novio Cad·ver" (missingManuel.ash, line 72)

Same with all the other Cadávers for El Dia. Manually fixing them made the script run fine.

Edit 2: Stuff.

[Unsorted]

Servant doesn't have factoids at this time

[The Slime Tube]
Slime1 (0)
Slime2 (0)
Slime3 (0)
Slime4 (0)
Slime5 (0)

Those are all the same monster, according to Manuel

[Hidden City (automatic)]
Ancient Protector Spirit (0)

That has 5 separate entries

Also, I think El Vibrato has 2 separate sets of monsters, depending on if you have a translator. I'll get back to you on that.

Awesome script though!!

Last edited:

Turing

Are you using the latest build (or at least build 11642)? You can also try going to line 69 and chainging "Béarnaise" to "Bearnaise" which also seems to work.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
"Béarnaise" SHOULD be "Béarnaise" anyway; use HTML character entities, just like KoL and KoLmafia use, rather than system-specific character codes.

You'll see the same thing, come El Dia de Los Muertos Borrachos (from memory; don't ding me if I got my Spanish wrong) with the "Cadaver" monsters.

El Novio Cadáver
El Padre Cadáver
La Novia Cadáver
La Persona Inocente Cadáver

Last edited:

Turing

Thanks, Veracity! This will be fixed in the next version of the script.

And thanks for the tips, Erich. I'll remove Servant of Flameface (which I thought I had already removed).

I have an idea on how to fix the Slimes (Ed has the same issue). I don't know if I'll be able to do much with the ancient protector spirits or the Vibrato monsters. I'll try to figure something out.

Last edited:

Farflier

Hi, couple things:
First, the Servant of Lord Flameface appears not to have factoids, much like the other brushfire encounters. I've tried to get them from faxing twice now (once towards the beginning, and again today) with no factoids dropped.

This is what I got when I ran your script:
Done checking Monster Manuel!
[Itznotyerzitz Mine]
Mountain Man (3)
[The Outer Compound]
French Guard turtle (3)
[The Nemesis' Lair]
Daft punk (1)
Spirit of New Wave (Inner Sanctum) (1)
Somerset Lopez, Dread Mariachi (Inner Sanctum) (2)
[Spectral Pickle Factory]
Carnivorous Dill Plant (3)
Ghostly Pickle Factory Worker (3)
Vine Gar (3)
[Lollipop Forest]
Lollicat (3)
Lolligator (3)
Lollipede (3)
Lolliphaunt (3)
Lolrus (3)
[Avatar of Boris]
The Avatar of Sneaky Pete (3)
The Luter (3)
[Día de los Muertos Borrachos]
El Novio Cadáver (3)
El Padre Cadáver (3)
La Novia Cadáver (3)
La Persona Inocente Cadáver (3)
[Naughty Sorceress' Tower]
Best-Selling Novelist (1)
Bronze Chef (2)
Naughty Sorceress (3) (3)
[Nemeses]
Somerset Lopez, Demon Mariachi (2)
Somerset Lopez, Dread Mariachi (The Nemesis' Lair) (2)
Somerset Lopez, Dread Mariachi (Volcanic Cave) (2)
Demon of New Wave (1)
Spirit of New Wave (The Nemesis' Lair) (1)
Spirit of New Wave (Volcanic Cave) (1)
[Nemesis Assassins]
Flock of seagulls (1)
Jocko Homo (1)
Mariachi Bandolero (2)
The Mariachi With No Name (2)
Turtle trapper (1)
[Rock Event]
rock homunculus (3)
rock snake (3)
[Surprising Fist]
Wu Tang the Betrayer (3)
[Unsorted]
Skulldozer (1)
Your butt (3)
Unrecognized: enormous blob of gray goo (0)
Unrecognized: largish blob of gray goo (0)
Unrecognized: little blob of gray goo (0)

You have casually researched 7 creatures.
You have thoroughly researched 10 creatures.
You have exhaustively researched 940 creatures.
You have not researched 22 creatures.

However, this is what my manuel in-game says:
You have casually researched 7 creatures.
You have thoroughly researched 10 creatures.
You have exhaustively researched 946 creatures.

So it appears you're missing some monster data. I'd guess 3 of the 6 missing are the grey goos, but have no idea what the other 3 could be. I'd be happy to help you figure that out in whatever way is necessary, if you would like to contact me in-game.

Cheers

Yendor

Also, I think El Vibrato has 2 separate sets of monsters, depending on if you have a translator. I'll get back to you on that.

I can confirm that they do.

Also, the El Dia monsters don't have leading articles in the Manuel, so they're just Novia Cadáver and so on.

Yendor

After checking against a different monster list, I think I've accounted for the inaccurate count:

*Ed the Undying and the Slime Tube monsters are being counted multiple times.
*There are multiple entries for the animated nightstands, four of the gremlins, the ancient protector spirits, the El Vibrato constructs, and the clingy pirate.
*The monster Mafia names Ninja Snowman (Hilt/Mask) is really two different monsters, distinguishable only by their drops (and factoids).
*Rene C. Corman and the fudge poodle are missing from the list.
(Gray goo should be fixed as of the latest Mafia version.)

Aramada

I think the Mafia build 11651 ("El and La are not usually part of a monster's name. Another Manuel potion.") which fixes the Cadaver monsters to match with the Manuel entries broke this script. When I ran it using build 11651, I immediately got this message: "Bad monster value: "El Novio Cadáver" (missingManuel.ash, line 72)" I sent back to 11649, and it ran just fine.

Help?

~Aramada

Last edited: