Feature - Implemented Wandering Monster counter for Nemesis assassins

Erich

Sorry for the necro. I don't mind if this is rejected, but has there been any consideration?

Bale

Minion
I have gotten in the habit of manually typing "counters add 35 assassin begin" and "counters add 50 assassin end" so I can tell you that the window seems accurate to me. I would also like to have mafia add the counters for me automatically to save me from RSI.

The window counters should be added (after pre-existing counters are removed) whenever the following monsters are encountered:
  • Gorgolok, the Infernal Seal
  • Stella, the Turtle Poacher
  • Spaghetti Elemental
  • Lumpy, the Sinister Sauceblob
  • The Spirit of New Wave
  • Somerset Lopez, Dread Mariachi
  • menacing thug
  • Mob Penguin hitman
  • hunting seal
  • turtle trapper
  • evil spaghetti cult assassin
  • béarnaise zombie
  • flock of seagulls
  • mariachi bandolero

Additionally, the following monsters should cancel an existing counter for "Nemesis Assassin Window End" but not trigger a new window, since they are the last assassin:
  • Argarggagarg the Dire Hellseal
  • Safari Jack, Small-Game Hunter
  • Yakisoba the Executioner
  • Heimandatz, Nacho Golem
  • Jocko Homo
  • The Mariachi With No Name

Erich, it is generally considered a good idea to provide the devs with all the necessary information to add a feature you want. They are simply less likely to implement something if they have to look it up on the wiki.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
12132. That monster list isn't right since the time between finishing up in the cave and getting the first assassin is a lot different. I also had to account for the fact that you can lose to the last assassin.

fredg1

Bug report: the Béarnaise zombie isn't properly recognized (or at least the previous wanderer window counter isn't erased, and a new one isn't created)

fredg1

This seems... fixed? Didn't see anything about/regarding this in the version differences of the last few builds, though... huh...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I did submit something to fix this this summer, when I noticed the same thing:

Code:
r19286 | veracity0 | 2019-06-11 18:15:03 -0400 (Tue, 11 Jun 2019) | 2 lines

béarnaise zombie is not capitalized