fxer

Well the code directly around it (now) is:

PHP:
void do_rollover(){
	if(can_interact()){
		// Track success of our rollover script
		boolean rolloverSuccess = true;

vamp_out(12); // VampOut to get the Interview book & buff

// Have free crafts available? Make some Bat-ass leather jackets!
		item craftItem = $item[bat-ass leather jacket];
		int freebiesMade = craft_freebies( craftItem );
		vprint("Created " + freebiesMade + " " + craftItem,"green",2);

// Should we get mystically oiled, to hold more MP?
		if(getMysticallyOiled == true){
			if( get_mystically_oiled() == false){ rolloverSuccess = false; }
		}

But I've moved the vamp_out(12) from another area lower in the function where it had the same problem. Going to try and put vamp_out() in it's own wrapper method in my script and see if it executes better that way? Strange

Edit: not sure what interaction may have been going on, but I moved cli_execute("vampout book"); to near the end of my rollover script and it seems to be working fine so good enough for me :)

Last edited:

fxer

Ah think I figured it out Bale, I didn't realize it took an adv to vamp out. I run my advs down to 0 then vamp out before overdrinking. So it looks like vamping would silently fail with 0 advs. Then I would overdrink and vampout would start working because I had advs again, and vamping works while drunk if you have the fangs.

Bale

Minion
Ah! That would be the problem! So you moved it to after your nightcap and everything is good! I'm glad you found the problem.

Bale

Minion
I discovered a bug. Attempting to gain the Chalice of the Malkovich did not work. I fixed it and updated the script in the first post, although it seems that nobody ever wants to choose that option. ;)

Fluxxdog

?? What bug? I've used it plenty of times without a problem including getting the Chalice. Pulverized it plenty of times ^^

Bale

Minion
?? What bug? I've used it plenty of times without a problem including getting the Chalice. Pulverized it plenty of times ^^

Well, when I tried to do it (to get the full set), it didn't work because of a one letter typo. I corrected the typo and it worked. (The other options were fine.) I cannot explain why this script got the Chalice for you.

Fluxxdog

Well, when I tried to do it (to get the full set), it didn't work because of a one letter typo. I corrected the typo and it worked. (The other options were fine.) I cannot explain why this script got the Chalice for you.
Now I realize what you're talking about. The daily deed itself. I cleaned and organized my daily deeds so I wouldn't have to hunt for info on it. During that, I found an error in the Vamp deeds that I thought I made somehow! That explains why I had no clue.

TL;DR Derp!

Bale

Minion
Thank you very much for telling me!

Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> ash $item[plastic vampire fangs].is_unrestricted()[/COLOR]

Returned: false

I'm afraid I cannot test that today, but I'll make the update and just assume that I only need to change the URL.

Edit: Huh. I never switched this script over to SVN! I've just added that to my "to Do list." Script updating will be delayed while I make svn related changes.

Bale

Minion
On further reflection, not every script needs to be on SVN. I just don't foresee updating this script often enough for it to be worthwhile. I'm leaving it as an attachment to the first post.

Alabit

This might have been mentioned somewhere, but is there a way to use this script to make a daily deed of using "interview with you" instead of vamping out with your fangs?

Bale

Minion
Code:
import "VampOut.ash";
vamp_out(13);

Change the parameter of vamp_out() according to your desire. All valid options are listed in the choice_toint() function.

import needs to be at the very top of your script, but you can put vamp_out() wherever you like.

Last edited:

edgy

When running call vampout.ash your own black heart restores all HP/MP in as part of my login script, I have periodically been getting stopped after the first or second choice by a 502 server response code. Frequency is about 1-3 times a month and only when running vampout.ash.

I have no idea if this behavior is related to my setup or the script itself, but it would be a big help if the script was able to resume on failure. Or if someone has an idea as to why this error occurs.

CLI output from today:
Code:
Checking for updates (running Bale's VampOut Daily Deed script ver. 1.5)...
Internal checkpoint created.
Putting on plastic vampire fangs...
Equipment changed.
Encounter: Interview With You
Encounter: Interview With You - Goal your own black heart
Action: Visit The Masquerade
Encounter: Interview With You
Action: "An abandoned, graffiti-covered warehouse."
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Server returned response code 502 (Bad Gateway) for choice.php
You are currently in a choice.[/COLOR]

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The 502 response is a KoL issue. There's basically no way this script can reliably do much if it can't trust that it succeeded in previous actions (just the nature of this set of choices), so forcing its way through these aborts wouldn't be a good plan.

ereinion

I've had some issues with getting this script to work today, first it was called from a different script, then I tried invoking it from the daily deeds panel:
Screenshot_3.png

In both cases it aborted because no valid choice was made in the initial choiceadventure. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

fxer

Using the latest kolmafia (r18953 currently) When vampout starts for about the last week I'm starting to get a modal that aborts my automation:

You are being redirected to "https://kolmafia.us/showthread.php".
Would you like KoLmafia to resend the form data?
[Yes] [No]

Does line 138 need to be updated to https to avoid the modal?
visit_url("httpX://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t="+thread));

(had to add the X because the forum editor won't let you post HTTP links anymore, even in a code block, it auto-adds the S!)

Thanks!