Daily Deed to Vamp Out with your Vampire Fangs

Bale

Minion
[size=+1]VampOut Daily Deed 1.5[/size]

If you own Plastic Vampire Fangs, you know that it is somewhat troublesome to Vamp Out in Seaside Town, so this script will make it as easy as 1, 2, 3, Profit.

1. Download the script to your /scripts directory. Do not change the script's name.
  2. This script will add 3 Daily Deeds to Vamp Out. One for each of the three possible locations.
    -- To add the Daily Deeds, run the script and when it asks for a parameter simply click the OK button, leaving the answer blank.
    -- Never run the script again. It's now a Daily Deed. All you ever need to do is...
  3. From mafia's Daily Deeds panel select your choice for Vamping.

TDfeu.png

-- This script will equip the fangs, automate Vamping Out and then restore your previous equipment.

Profit!
Those fangs just became a lot more awesome. You can even forget about the script, and just use the Daily Deed. The Daily Deed will call this script for you.
(The script does need to remain in your /script directory.)

Attachments

• VampOut.ash
    9.1 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
I just tried out this script (funny that I searched for it today, and you just released it today).

And I love it!

Great job Bale

ungawa

Excellent, worked like a charm.

Small thing that wouldn't hurt if you end up updating it later... I wouldn't mind a "Vamp at Isabella's: Mainstat" option. I've seen too many posts in the "stupid things i've done thread" where someone made the wrong legendary weapon or something to have faith in my puny human brain to remember what class I am that particular day.

Bale

Minion
Bale - How is this different from Coderangers VampOut

It's just a lot easier to use. No settings to configure. No CLI command to type. Instead it adds drop-down menus to KoLmafia's Daily Deeds panel and then you use the Daily Deed. Just like in the screenshot below:

XpuDX.png

I think I'll add that screenshot to the first post for clarification.

By the way, if anyone's menu looks different from that you can re-download the script. (Run it again with no input and it will change your deed look to like mine.) I didn't bother bumping the version number in the first post because it was such a minor change that I didn't want to annoy new users.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Whee! I impressed Veracity! That's a rare event. I think the only script of mine she uses regularly is OCD so you know she is a tough audience.

This was my first custom Daily Deed ever, so I did it with style.

Last edited:

roippi

Developer
It would be cool if we had some sort of standardized wrapper to turn a script into a daily deed with no fuss. I really like what you did with that bit.

Bale

Minion
I'm pleased that you like it since custom daily deeds are your baby.

It would be cool if we had some sort of standardized wrapper to turn a script into a daily deed with no fuss.

That is your field of implementation. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
For Vlad's, the daily deed lists Bat Attitude twice, though it looks like all of the options do what they were meant to do.

Bale

Minion
Oh, dear! How did I miss that.

Well, fixed that problem. Download the new version and run it without parameters to correct the daily deed.

Bale

Minion
That's a very sweet compliment indeed. It's curious that it took a request by Nightwind_292 to make this happen.

nworbetan

I'm glad you posted the screenshot, that caught my eye and I'm really happy with the results. I wouldn't have imagined it was possible to build that thorough of a daily deed, and the way it intermeshes (damnit spell check, inermeshes is too a real word) with the script is pretty wizard.

One question: are there any benefits or drawbacks to using one_deed, or is that something vestigial that I should just ignore and not miss anything interesting?

Bale

Minion
one_deed is something I was playing with. The idea was to make a single Daily Deed instead of three. I left it there because I might eventually implement it.

If you want to set one_deed to true, you'd need to uncomment lines 88 and 89 because they are necessary to make it work. Warning: It is untested.

That's a very sweet compliment indeed. It's curious that it took a request by Nightwind_292 to make this happen.

I just got annoyed enough at having to do it, that I decided to vote with my wallet. All the hard work is yours, so is all the credit.

nworbetan

It seems like I'm more likely to use this script after I've nightcapped than any other time, and I've noticed a couple little weird things that happen in my pajamas, but are pretty easy to fix:

a) The staff of homophones interferes with with mafia's Vamping text parsing, but I fixed that long enough ago that I don't even remember exactly how it worked before. I think maybe mafia gives a link to the relay browser?

b) Spending a turn Vamping looks like it probably counts when KoL figures your familiar usage %. I just did a 99.6% ghost pickle run, and Vamping is the only thing that I can see in my session logs that could have caused those .4% non-pickle turns. It's not a big deal to me, but it could be to someone.

Bale

Minion
So, you are suggesting the script should...

a) Remove staff of homophones before vamping out?

b) Check singleFamiliarRun and pop-up a confirmation box if you are doing a single familiar run?

slyz

Developer
Spending a turn Vamping looks like it probably counts when KoL figures your familiar usage %.
I remember reading that only choice adventures that can lead to a fight count. It's not the case with Vamping Out, so there might be something new with familiar%.

Last edited: