Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Save items from pvp theft

If I understand correctly, gift items are not stealable. (I am also assuming "is_giftable" means "Gift Item")
    Originally Posted by stannius View Post
    More specifically. According to CDMoyer, gift items cannot be stolen except for the Amulet of Yendor.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

is_giftable($item[hair spray]) returns true, so I guess that part of the check was just useless. Not sure what I was trying to gain with it.

More specifically. According to CDMoyer, gift items cannot be stolen except for the Amulet of Yendor.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    You know, I think the Amulet of Yendor thing is actually CDMoyer joking about how you take it from the wizard guy or something in NetHack.

Things that can't be stolen:
    (...)
    gift items (Except an amulet famous for being stolen in the reference material)
    Originally Posted by CDMoyer in the KoL Forums
    So he might have been talking about the reference material (NetHack), instead of actually saying that it can be stolen. I mean, why should it be stealable, anyway?
    I started playing back in the summer of 2008, and began using KoLmafia about two months after.

Because this is KoL. And it's all about them having fun.

Safe, only if you had a legal target.

100 fortune cookies give food legal targets, 100 boxed wine gives booze legal targets, 100 hair spray gives 'other' legal target.

Then again, I could be misunderstanding, I do that quite a bit.
    Originally Posted by Nightwind_292 View Post
    As I understand it, 100 fortune cookies would be sufficient. In the new PVP system there's no longer an option to try to steal different types of items, just "phat loot". I'm assuming the new mechanics reflect this interface change.

So he might have been talking about the reference material (NetHack), instead of actually saying that it can be stolen. I mean, why should it be stealable, anyway?
    Originally Posted by philmasterplus View Post
    I'm 98.26% certain that he is saying they specifically made it steal-able because in Nethack it is likely to get stolen from you before you escape with it. In other words, being steal-able in PvP is part of the joke.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

after having to closet and uncloset an acordian more times then I would like... I'm going to bow to the idea of a min value to closet.

Are there any items that really are valuable, that don't look valuable to the game that would warent a special check?

CDMoyer already explained in the forums:

What kinds of items can and cannot be stolen.

Items in your closet were safe, and always will be.

So will the ones in Hagnks and DC.

Edit: Also, here's my rudimentary PvP item safeguard script. It closets all steal-able items above a specific mall price, excluding a few items.
    The pvp_unimportant thing was added because mall_price() was returning 1000 meat for the oven/cocktail kit/hammer. Weird.

PHP Code:
    int minimum_value 1000;
    boolean [itempvp_unimportant $items[tenderizing hammerdramatic rangeQueue Du Coq cocktailcrafting kit];

//Rudimentary function
    boolean is_stealable(item it) { return is_tradeable(it) && autosell_price(it) > 0; }

//Note: Ever since the Closet revamp, multi-putting and multi-taking is impossible.
    // Thus batch_open() and batch_close() are not needed.
    foreach itqty in get_inventory() {
        if (
    is_stealable(it) && mall_price(it) >= minimum_value && !(pvp_unimportant contains it)) {
            print(
    'Gonna closet ' qty ' ' + (qty == to_string(it) : to_plural(it)) + '.''teal');

put_closet(qtyit);
        }
    }

print_html('<b>Done!</b>'); 
    Originally Posted by philmasterplus View Post
    Adding a list of stuff that Philmasterplus's script skips can be done like so:

Code:
    int minimum_value = 1000;
    boolean [item] pvp_unimportant = $items[tenderizing hammer, dramatic range, Queue Du Coq cocktailcrafting kit];

//Rudimentary function
    boolean is_stealable(item it) { return is_tradeable(it) && autosell_price(it) > 0; }

//Note: Ever since the Closet revamp, multi-putting and multi-taking is impossible.
    // Thus batch_open() and batch_close() are not needed.
    foreach it, qty in get_inventory() {
        if (is_stealable(it) && mall_price(it) >= minimum_value && !(pvp_unimportant contains it)) {
            print('Gonna closet ' + qty + ' ' + (qty == 1 ? to_string(it) : to_plural(it)) + '.', 'teal');
            put_closet(qty, it);
        }
        if (is_stealable(it) && mall_price(it) < minimum_value &&!(pvp_unimportant contains it)) {
            print('Not worth closeting ' + qty + ' ' + (qty == 1 ? to_string(it) : to_plural(it)) + '.', 'red');
        }
    }

print_html('<b>Done!</b>');
    I haven't run this as the first trial (since I was testing out how to get it to function), so I don't know for certain if it will make a list of stuff it skips at the end, or if you have to run the script twice for it to do so.
    Last edited by mstieler; 05-02-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Actually, I figured it out via testing.
    mstieler (#1800132) & Goobris (#1863880)

Would using historical_price(it) instead of mall_price(it) speed this up any?

I can't imagine mall_price( it ) being needed in any script for this purpose, unless you're really paranoid about sudden price changes and run it all the time. That change seems like it would make the script take about 1% of the time.