Unchecked purchasing

Embodied

Had a little snafu with KoLmafia yesterday, right after upgrading to 12.0. I was using the Item Manager's Booze category to figure out my drinking for the day. If I had been half-awake, I would've realized my selections were impossible -- tangaritas on a character that had never touched Nash Crosby's Still, and cream stout when he had never visited the F'c'le (this is a recently revived character, who was ready to ascend pre-NS13). I have a second character, who recently started an HC run.

Anyway, with my booze enqueued, I hit consume and that's when the oddness kicked in:

Code:
remove from stash: 4 tequila sunset

remove from stash: 2 tequila sunset

buy 10 tequila sunset

buy 10 tequila sunset
You acquire 10 tequila sunsets
You acquire 7 tequila sunsets

Mix 4 tequila sunset + 4 magical ice cubes

Mix 4 tequila sunset + 4 magical ice cubes
You acquire 4 tangaritas

drink 1 tangarita

remove from stash: 3 cream stout
You gain 22 Adventures
You gain 16 Magicalness
You gain 34 Sarcasm
You gain 4 Drunkenness

drink 1 tangarita
You gain 20 Adventures
You gain 16 Wizardliness
You gain 31 Sarcasm
You gain 4 Drunkenness

drink 1 tangarita

buy 3 cream stout
You acquire 3 glasses of cream stout

buy 1 cream stout
You gain 19 Adventures
You gain 20 Wizardliness
You gain 31 Sarcasm
You gain 4 Drunkenness

drink 1 tangarita
You acquire an item: cream stout

buy 3 cream stout
You acquire 3 glasses of cream stout

buy 5 cream stout
You gain 18 Adventures
You gain 17 Enchantedness
You gain 33 Chutzpah
You gain 4 Drunkenness
You acquire 5 glasses of cream stout

buy 5 cream stout

remove from stash: 5 cream stout

buy 1 cream stout

buy 1 cream stout

buy 1 cream stout

buy 1 cream stout

buy 5 cream stout

buy 6 cream stout
You acquire 6 glasses of cream stout
(and so on)

By the time I realized what was happening, I was the proud owner of over 100 cream stouts. I'm not sure exactly what happened -- with the tangaritas, KoLmafia correctly identified the reagent I'd need (as I had Advanced Cocktailcrafting but not Superhuman Cocktailcrafting), but bought far too many of them, multiple times over. I think I requested to drink 3 cream stouts, yet it became obsessed with buying seven. I wish I had saved the actual error messages, but I didn't realize those wouldn't be saved in the log. There were quite a few along the lines of "transferring from stash" and "item move failed". This character had none in his inventory, closet, store or Hagnk's. My other character may have had one cream stout in his store (it was bought around the same time), but none in his inventory, Hagnk's or his closet.

In the meantime, I've turned off the preference that allows KoLmafia to purchase from the mall, and I think I'll be more careful about what I request to eat and drink. Still, I thought I'd report it. If there's more information I can provide, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks you again for such a terrific program!