Add buff to buffbot not working

mooshotty

Hey all,

mafia pretty much kicks ass. but i'm having problems with the buffbot. I set up a buff, set the price, and amount it will be cast. When I press the add button, absolutely nothing happens. Any ideas?

hippymon

It usually takes awhile for the "experienced" people to say anything... On average, I would say about a day. Personally, I have no clue what you are talking about with the "add"

dangerpin

What mooshotty is talking about is the Buffbot Manager functions of KoLMafia, specifically the Edit Offerings subsection. Moos is trying to add a new Buff offering. First you add a buff that the character you are logging in as has access to, then you set the times cast and the price. You should be able to click add and it should be added to a list below of all the buffs you will cast for.

Are you saying that you add it and it doesn't add it to the list below or are you saying you do that and are unable to purchase a buff from it?

If the latter realize that you have to click the Start button on the Run Buffbot tab for it to start processing mail.

Then it will check if you have the right amount of MP restoration items based on your restore MP list (I think), if you don't, it will then error out in the GCLI and tell you what you need to buy. Generally if you have 200 Phonics Down in your inventory it will be fine. The GCLI tab is really your friend as a Buffbot host, it will tell you what is happening and when things are working properly.

I tested the latest daily build 5265 and it worked like a charm. Trade thanks you for the one meat Smiles, by the way.

mooshotty

I'll try again. But I tried to do the very basic turtle tamer buff. Ghostly Shell right? I set up everythign but when I pressed the add button. Nothing happen. i dont remember what i said in my first post but I feel like i'm repeating.

I guess what i'm trying to say is I had the MP to cast it

holatuwol

Developer
Seems there's a small bug that makes it so KoLmafia thinks MMJs restores 0mp, causing a divide by zero error.  This happens if one of the following conditions is satisfied:

• you don't have any buffs defined and you've not run the auto-restore routine during that session
  • you are at maximum mp when you add the buff via the normal interface

Most people have been adding buffs via spreadsheet (ie: they setup their bufflists in a spreadsheet and save it to the buffs/ folder), and buffbots usually aren't at full MP, so this error never came up in practice.

Anyway, it's been fixed, and the fix will be available in the next release.

Edited for clarity

mooshotty

i dont think i understand what you just said. but i like the last part about there being a fix in the next release. any idea when this will be out?

kain

[quote author=mooshotty link=topic=1316.msg6131#msg6131 date=1195102355]
i dont think i understand what you just said. but i like the last part about there being a fix in the next release. any idea when this will be out?
[/quote]Not to be rude since you appear to be new and all, but new releases are typically released "when they're ready" or "when the dev's feel like it"

Asking when isn't really a good question. Which part of Hola's quite informative answer wasn't clear? He outlined several conditions where adding a buff would fail. Do any of them apply to your buffbot?

mooshotty

I did my best to follow what he said. The second thing he mentioned was being at Full MP when you add the buff. So I dropped my MP and then added the buff and it worked. Go figure :p