Custom Combat Pick Pocket bug in Island War

Kenshiro70

I've noticed an issue when I set Custom Combat to the following:

1: steal
2: attack

In this case, the steal attempt never happens in the Island War adventures (I have confirmed it happening correctly in other locations via CLI, and auto attack is off). Has anyone else seen this behavior? I checked the 5201 build and it still seems to exist. Thanks!

Ken

(Edit: made title more descriptive)

macman104

Just to clarify, you can run an adventure, the exact same way you run an adventure in the island and it will pickpocket. But if you run an adventure in the island, it will not? There used to be a preference about safe-moxie pickpocketing, although I can't find it anymore, so it may not exist. Also, are you in ronin/hardcore?

Kenshiro70

Yes, I can click "Pickpocket" in the browser and steal an item manually. I am in Hardcore. I am level 13, so it would be right on the line for the safe-moxie feature, but I can't find the preference either. I'll keep a watch on it when I hit level 14 and report back. Thanks!

lordbaum

[quote author=Kenshiro70 link=topic=1263.msg5853#msg5853 date=1191817709]
Yes, I can click "Pickpocket" in the browser and steal an item manually.  I am in Hardcore.  I am level 13, so it would be right on the line for the safe-moxie feature, but I can't find the preference either.  I'll keep a watch on it when I hit level 14 and report back.  Thanks!
[/quote]

What is the safe-moxie feature? And is 1: steal the correct way to perform the pick pocket in custom combat script? It use to automatically do it for me.

MagiNinjA

I believe the problem is caused by the fact that mafia doesn't THINK that the hippies have drops. Thus it doesn't pick to save you a round. We're in the process of updating drops.

dangerpin

If you are REALLY brave you can test out your hypothesis.

I have a copy of the latest daily build with the drops added in for the Island War monsters. Not being a real coder, I don't know for sure that this will help but if you want to try then here it is.

And now a warning. If the full version is the A Movie version of Kolmafia. And the Daily Build is the B Movie version of mafia, then this would be the C Movie version. So the file attached is the Mafia equivalent of "Amazon Women in the Avocado Jungle" or "Biodome starring Pauly Shore".

It has been tested, by me alone and while I would never purposely do anything that would harm you or your gameplay there is always the chance that you could have issues with this file, your mileage may vary. Opinions stated in this commentary are not the opinions of KoLMafia creators or Asymmetric Publications L.L.C. Void where prohibited by law.