Clueless newbie needs help looting the island...

tamtrible

Optimally, what I'd like to do is:
Change into appropriate gear, loot the lighthouse, loot the farmhouse, get the (middle) Arena buff, maxcast candy hearts, get healed, and repeat last two steps twice.

The only bit I'm entirely sure how to do is the outfit changes.

1. would cast * summon candy hearts be the way to maxcast, or would it be maxcast summon candy hearts, or is there some other way? And will this automatically use restoratives (I don't want it to), or is there some other way to do this that will do what I want? The number of casts I can do each day varies slightly, depending on what I did the day before and so forth.

2. How do I visit the lighthouse and the farmhouse, or figure out how I do these things?

3. Likewise for selecting a particular arena buff.

4. Likewise for getting massages.

Being able to automate any portion of this (other than the outfit changes and max-casts, which are pretty simple to do with the existing interface, and thus would be kind of pointless to script by themselves) would be helpful.

kain

You'll have to at least come up with some sort of skeleton script/proof of concept. There are plenty of examples running around that should provide some help.

Please read the giant announcement at the top of the screen: http://kolmafia.us/index.php/topic,621.0.html

Once you have a basic attempt, there are many people who will probably be willing to point you in the right direction/clean up code for you.

hippymon

[quote author=tamtrible link=topic=1201.msg5658#msg5658 date=1188552686]
1. would cast * summon candy hearts be the way to maxcast, or would it be maxcast summon candy hearts, or is there some other way? And will this automatically use restoratives (I don't want it to), or is there some other way to do this that will do what I want? The number of casts I can do each day varies slightly, depending on what I did the day before and so forth.
[/quote]

For this portion visit: http://kolmafia.us/index.php/topic,809.0.html
Also, what is the name of the outfit you would like to change into?

2. How do I visit the lighthouse and the farmhouse, or figure out how I do these things?
3. Likewise for selecting a particular arena buff.
[/quote]

I understand the lighthouse... But when you say visit the farmhouse, do you mean adventure there?
As for the obtaining the buff, I am not sure that is possible..

4. Likewise for getting massages.
[/quote]

And this, what do you mean?? Getting messages? Private messages, k-mails, pvp messages?

macman104

He means massages. Not messages. If you are looking for urls, I would suggest exploring the areas of interest in the minibrowser. It will show you the URLs of places you are visiting, and show you what urls you will need to perform various actions.

hippymon

Oh, good idea...

This is what I have so far.
Code:
#replace "NAME" with the name of your outfit.
outfit("NAME");

#[url]http://kolmafia.us/index.php/topic,809.0.html[/url]
#This will create your candy hearts... That /\ /\ url will explain how the script works...
import <candyhearts.ash>;

#This will visit the lighthouse.
visit_url("postwarisland.php?place=lighthouse&action=pyro");

#This gets your buff from the arena.
visit_url("postwarisland.php?action=concert&pwd&option=2");

#This gets your massage (1 time) Note: if you want a massage more than once at a time
#then simply copy and paste this next part.
visit_url("postwarisland.php?action=nuns&pwd&place=nunnery");

tamtrible

I suppose I should finish the war... [g]
any idea how to modify the aforementioned candy hearts script so it stops when I run out of mana (without attempting any kind of mana recovery) rather than when I reach a preselected cost?
(and the "outfit" I'd need to change into is the various war gear--but I can figure *that* bit out)
Can you no longer loot the farmhouse for wine after you finish the quest?...
Also, can/should I simply paste in the candy heart script into that script?

hippymon

[quote author=tamtrible link=topic=1201.msg5688#msg5688 date=1188950056]
I suppose I should finish the war... [g]
any idea how to modify the aforementioned candy hearts script so it stops when I run out of mana (without attempting any kind of mana recovery) rather than when I reach a preselected cost?
[/quote]

I believe that if you change

"int sumMax = 120;"

TO

"int sumMax = my_maxmp() *2;"

I believe that this will tell it to summon hearts equal to 2 "maxcasts" if you were to do it yourself.

[quote author=tamtrible link=topic=1201.msg5688#msg5688 date=1188950056]
Can you no longer loot the farmhouse for wine after you finish the quest?...
Also, can/should I simply paste in the candy heart script into that script?
[/quote]

For the candy heart summoning it would be best to do an import.
This is what I have for the script, I changed a few things on it..

Attachments

• Island.ash
    258 bytes · Views: 64