Mafia Progress Bar says 0% and gear changer button doesn't work

matt.chugg

I'm posting this in the support forum as I suspect it may be a problem with my java installation or another problem at my end not a mafia bug.

I've tried daily builds 9982 through to 9991 and have the same problem. (hence the thought that the problem is my end)

Mafia starts fine, and logs in fine, when the main GUI is displayed the progress bar on the adventure tab has the text "0%" There is nothing in the gCli other than the normal login, syncornizing text that always has been there.

The gear changer button is also not working, (in all of the builds listed above that I tried) and just sets the adventure tabs as the selected tab.

As far as I can see, everything else works ok except the above.

Starting a debug log before clicking the gear changer button adds a single line and nothing elese

Loading window: GearChangeFrame

Does anyone have any idea whats happening?

jwylot

Using r9991 and I too see the equipment manager icon simply switching to the adventure tab. Same goes for the gCli icon.

If you mean the level progress bar by "progress bar on the adventure tab", this works fine for me.

matt.chugg

I now think this may be something less specifically at my end, i've checked at home, and 9991 at least does the same thing on my laptop, x86 win7 (work is x64)

by "progress bar on the adventure tab" I mean the progress bar in the adventure tab which shows how many adventures of the current request are done and also shows the last line of the cli in the middle of it!

matt.chugg

What's the rest of the gCLI say?

ALl the normal stuff as far as I can tell

Validating login server (www.kingdomofloathing.com)...
883 players online.
Sending login request...
Using data override: data/mallprices.txt
Initializing session for mskc...
Refreshing session data...
Loading character status...
Synchronizing moon data...
Retrieving character data...
Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
Examining equipment in closet...
Examining miscellaneous items in closet...
Updating inventory...
Retrieving familiar data...
Familiar data retrieved.
Retrieving campground data...
Refreshing storage...
Examining meat in storage...
Examining consumables in storage...
Examining equipment in storage...
Examining miscellaneous items in storage...
Session data refreshed.
6 days until Generic Summer Holiday, Mysticism bonus today (not tomorrow).
1014 prices updated from http://kolmafia.us/scripts/updateprices.php?action=getmap

Theres nothing there about 0% so I can't see why the progress bar would say it, the only thing I can think of is that theres something from the html there, like width=100%. Maybe a regex being caught by some badly formed html,

Pure guesswork i'm afraid, debug log of login attached

Attachments

• DEBUG_20111110.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 63

matt.chugg

Tested on a clean install, allowing mafia to create all directories and files from scratch, exactly the same behaviour, also tested on builds 9992 to 9997 with no improvment, getting the hang of cli commands to do gearchanging though! :)

on another note, build 10000 is going to be a nice milestone! :)

Catt Although

I'm having this issue also. Any solution ever found? Happens with every daily build from 9999 to 10011. Earlier builds and the weekly release work.

Looks like something got gummed up in the login process. I'm seeing this odd behavior myself... not entirely sure what's causing it.

Catt Although

Also might be related - if I log out (using the weekly release) I have to quit the program and restart to log in again, otherwise it just tries several servers and then says "requests complete" and stops.

Catch-22

For a little while now my "sword icon" hasn't been opening the gear changer, but I can still click on the "Gear Changer" tab and that works. Not sure if it's related to your issue, and like you I had just assumed it wasn't a bug and I had simply borked something

Catt Although

Some things I've tried to fix the problem (without success)
Deleting all Mafia files
Removing and reinstalling Java
Using a Multi
Turning off Breakfast
Using new builds

I'm able to put an item in my display case, so it can access inventory (no, using gear changer on the menu tab doesn't work either)