Using scripts?

You mean the scripts we have on the repository? Or the scripts under the quest menu in mafia?

If you mean ours, you will have to register to download the scripts (there are links at the end of the original posts - usually). ( BTW, Guests have access to attachments, unless I screwed up somewhere, in which case let me know - but I just tested it... -Daychilde ;D )

Then move them to your Scripts folder (it is in the same folder wherever you have mafia.) And then while running mafia, look under the scripts menu.

If that isn't clear enough, someone else will have to fill you in until I get back from work in about 10ish hours...

theboydave

I did this, but I get an error message.

"; Expected at line 4" or something like that when I run the Icy Peak script. If I comment the line out, the next line says the same thign. I am using mafia 7.1

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=theboydave link=topic=89.msg1316#msg1316 date=1152020299]
I did this, but I get an error message.

"; Expected at line 4" or something like that when I run the Icy Peak script.  If I comment the line out, the next line says the same thign.  I am using mafia 7.1[/quote]

The most recent release of KoLmafia is 8.1. Version 7.1 came out on April 10 - almost three months ago. There have been many Kol server changes, which the newer versions work with; I'm surprised you still find 7.1 tolerable. Additionally, there has been a considerable amount of development in the scripting language in the 10 KoLmafia versions that have come out since the one you are running - and people tend to write scripts that use the new features.

It might be useful if people tagged their scripts with the version of the scripting language they require.

On the other hand, it might just be be simpler if you upgraded.

Their are several Icy peak scripts on this sight. knowing which one might help also. The best possible option is to continue with any reporting of errors in the thread in which the script is posted.

Just to back Veracity up, if you encounter an error in a script which you have obtained here, always check first to see that you have the latest version. Generally scripts have been backwards compatible (a script written for 7.1 will work on 7.2) but this is not always the case. Minor changes have made some scripts written on previous versions unusable on the next. These changes are not often, but normally need to be implemented.