Exit command / Close button

muffins

I feel so silly being stumped by this, but... better to ask and know better from now on, I suppose!

In the scripting manual, the CLI command "exit" says it submits a logout request, but I haven't seen it process the logoutscript before exiting the program in CLI mode, and in GUI mode using the close button will just close the open windows, but leave the icon in the system tray, and again, not process the logoutscript before, err, I guess logging out, since it has to refresh the session if you try to open it again?

I know it used to return the login frame, which you could close to completely exit the program, and I think some options were added and later removed to allow you to change this behaviour...

Is there any way to ensure the logoutscript gets called before the program exists whether using the CLI command or the close button on the GUI?

Oh, P.S. using the close button and attempting to log in to the site manually to see if it processed the script returned this message:
"Whoops -- it looks like you had a recent session open that didn't get logged out of properly. We apologize for the inconvenience, but you'll need to wait a couple of minutes before you can log in again." sooo, it does appear that it's no longer sending the logout request prior to exiting. I dunno though.