StDoodle's Hardcore Skill Analysis

StDoodle

Minion
Hardcore Skill Analysis 1.0

Major Overhaul!

First, I've tried to keep the script "simple" from the user's perspective; there are still no required external scripts / files etc.

The script has major front-end changes that include showing only class-specific skills for a given class, being able to toggle display of both (P) and (HP) skills (independently), and even the ability to assign your own colors!

Also, click-sort table headings! Woot!

From the back-end, the script is now much more server-friendly. It now only checks the wiki page once per day, and only parses your character sheet for skills every ten minutes. Also, the way information is parsed & tracked should now allow for future features to be added more sanely. ;)

There is one "downside," depending on your perspective: The list is now all one massive table (which has a column for "Tier"). This is mostly an improvement (it makes sorting possible), but not everyone may like it. Also, any skills the wiki lists together in a single td element have the description copied for each. But on the plus side, it recognizes and color codes them individually. It's kind of one or the other here. ;)

Edit to add: Also, all links should now be clean (to coldfront) AND open in new tabs / windows per browser setup.

Original Notes

This simple script loads the current version of the Coldfront Wiki's Hardcore Skill Analysis page, and prints out a similar table in the relay browser with skills you have in green background, skills you don't in pinkish background, and those unrecognized left in white.

Note that, like other relay information scripts, this one goes in the "relay" directory. It does not, however, require any other support scripts.

Code:
CHANGE LOG
1.0   Major Overhaul (see above)
0.3   don't rely on have_skill(); remove mr. tier
0.2   Fix links

Attachments

• relay_Hardcore_Skill_Analysis.ash
    26.7 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:

Theraze

By current version, does this automatically update as the wiki does? From a quick look, it does, but I wasn't certain from the way you worded it. If so, I'm heavily looking forwards to this. :)

Edit: One issue... While in Bad Moon, the perm skills you can't use display as un-learned. Not sure if there's a good way to fix that though.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
Yeah, it parses the current wiki page, then colorizes based on the skill mafia says you have. The upside being that with further edits to that page, the script will remain up to date. The downside being that if anyone messes with the formatting on the wiki, the script will break. Six of one... math.floor(bakersDozen / 2) of another.

Neat! I like seeing on one page what I need and what everyone else thinks I should have.

1 issue I found: all the links are invalid.

StDoodle

Minion
New version up; fixes links.

Note to self: if you're going to check link format to see if things will work, make sure to look at the entire link, not just the end. ;)

StDoodle

Minion
Well, you kinda don't have those skills at the time, so... ;) I would say that I'd ignore that problem, except.... it's going to do the same thing for non-permanent skills you DO have available. So, I can't really get around having to parse your skills page. Harumph.

Edit: fix made (now parses charsheet.php instead). I've removed showing Mr. Tier; it's really not part of the goal, and would require an additional parser.

Last edited:

stannius

This is way better than my previous method (copying the page into a spreadsheet, cleaning it up manually, and using VLOOKUP against a list of my skills.) Thanks!

Theraze

Currently (with Coldfront not loading for me) just get this:
Note: Mr. Store Tier not shown
and nothing else but whiteness. Hope it comes back soon. Awesome relay. :)

Winterbay

Question: Would it be possible to add a filtering on your current class (i.e. showing only class skills from teh class you currently have if you so chooses). I would use this when planning what to take during my current run (since I have no overall plan at all) :)

StDoodle

Minion
Possible... but the issue is that it would require heavy text processing to change to a sortable table format, and a single table. This isn't an issue per se, but the big problem is that I have no control over how the wiki is formatted. Plus, the thing already takes forever to load (I really should start caching the page, at least daily). Of course, I'd also need to include the javascript and ccs files, so it would no longer be a simple little script. But eventually, I'll probably get around to it.

Winterbay

Fair enough. The "simplest" solution I guess would be to colour the Class (Level)-box red (or blue or whatever colour that seems to fit the best) for skills that are not available as your current class or moon sign. But I've got no idea how easy or hard that would be.

Theraze

That would probably work fairly easily... it's just another colouring, as opposed to a reformatting.

StDoodle

Minion
Ugh... I gave it a look, and I did such a horrid job of writing this script that it'll take a day when I have a bit more time on my hands. :(

Theraze

Should be easy to go to the class... anyways, yeah. Here are two tweaked versions of the 0.3 HSA.

The one just named HSA is the same as normal but with non-HC permed skills in purple. Since you can upgrade them now, it's useful to know them as well as the ones you've completely finished up.

The one named HSCA is basically the same as HSA but filtered to only show skills from your class. What does that mean for people in Boris runs? You won't see anything. :D Since none of the skills are perm-able. But if you're in a regular run, you should be able to decide which of the skills for your current class should be acquired next, which ones you will get as soon as you break the crystal, etc.

Attachments

• relay_Hardcore_Skill_Analysis.ash
    8.1 KB · Views: 62
  • relay_Hardcore_Skill_Class_Analysis.ash
    8.1 KB · Views: 55

Theraze

Only ones where sk.class == my_class(). If you wanted to do the nones, just replace my_class() with class[none] and that should display them. Can do the same thing to override with a specific class, for Boris runs or whatever. :)

Theraze

One more edition, and this is the one I'm using the most at the moment. The HUSA displays only the skills you haven't HP or P yet, so you know which ones you'll need to ascend into specific classes to learn. I'm using this in concert with Boris runs to decide which class to switch to post-prism. If I've permed it in any way, I'll get it when I break the prism and I won't need to re-learn it. Yay Boris! :)

Attachments

• relay_Hardcore_Unknown_Skill_Analysis.ash
    7.9 KB · Views: 70