EZStartInfo

slyz

Developer
If I understand correctly, if I modify EatDrink.ash to use a startInfo record to get its (long) list of parameters, I can launch the script from the gCLI like this:
Code:
eatdrink 15 19 15 !overdrink 1000 12 6 1000 +sim
instead of doing this:
Code:
ashq import <eatdrink.ash>; eatdrink(15,19,15,false,1000,12,6,1000,true);
?

Paragon

EatDrink main looks like this now:

void main (int foodMax, int drinkMax, int spleenMax, boolean overdrink, boolean sim)
{
SIM_CONSUME = sim;
eatdrink(foodMax, drinkMax, spleenMax, overdrink);
}

Swapping it with

void main(string cmd)
{
startInfo sI = getStartInfo(cmd,false); //Because EatDrink doesn't use commands
SIM_CONSUME = sI.Flags["sim"];
if (sI.Arguments contains 6) //If all 7 args are provided
{
eatdrink(to_int(sI.Arguments[0]), to_int(sI.Arguments[1]), to_int(sI.Arguments[2]), sI.Flags["overdrink"], to_int(sI.Arguments[3]), to_int(sI.Arguments[4]), to_int(sI.Arguments[5]), to_int(sI.Arguments[6]), sI.Flags["sim"]);
} else {
if (sI.Arguments contains 2) //If only 3 of the args are provided
eatdrink(to_int(sI.Arguments[0]), to_int(sI.Arguments[1]), to_int(sI.Arguments[2]), sI.Flags["overdrink"]);
else //When an incorrect number of args are provided
eatdrink (<remaining fullness>, <remaining drunkeness>, <remaining spleen>, sI.Flags["overdrink"]);
}
}
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then in the gCLI:
<one time>
alias eatdrink => eatdrink.ash *

eatdrink :: Calls eatdrink to finish filling up.
eatdrink x y z :: Calls eatdrink to eat x fullness y drunkeness, and z spleen
eatdrink x y z a b c d :: calls long ver. of eatdrink

Although this wasn't really meant to update old scripts, it was meant more as a tool for new scripts that didn't want the restrictions of a specific main method signiture so rewiring old scripts to use it may not be pretty.

Also, I *think*, but forgot to check, that a flag that does not appear in the cmd is defaulted to false. I am not 100% sure about this because I didn't put any code to explicitly handle it although i will if it doesn't work that way currently. I also think that I will add another map KeyValuePairs to automatically associate any token with an = in it as a key value pair with the left hand item being the key and the right hand op as the value such that.
eatdrink food=19 drink=4 spleen=8 !overdrink silent
would create an start Info of
.Command=Default
.Arguments[0] = "silent"
.Flags["overdrink"]=false
.KVP["food"]="19"
.KVP["drink"]="4"
.KVP["spleen"]="8"

You could also set it up so that it does use the Command portion so that
eatdrink NightCap :: Could trigger eatdrink with overdrink as true
eatdrink FoodUp :: Could trigger eatdrink to eat as much food as remaining but ignore drink... etc.

I will also change it so that only the first non Kvp and non flag is used as the command so that a script can still get a command of Default even if flags or kvps are sent.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Although this wasn't really meant to update old scripts, it was meant more as a tool for new scripts that didn't want the restrictions of a specific main method signiture so rewiring old scripts to use it may not be pretty.

I just wanted to clarify what you script does by taking as example a notably argument heavy script =)

Also, I *think*, but forgot to check, that a flag that does not appear in the cmd is defaulted to false. I am not 100% sure about this because I didn't put any code to explicitly handle it although i will if it doesn't work that way currently.

False is the default value, no need to worry about that.

I also think that I will add another map KeyValuePairs to automatically associate any token with an = in it as a key value pair with the left hand item being the key and the right hand op as the value

This would be great.

Thanks for sharing this!

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
By the way, you can do something like count(arr)>=7 instead of arr contains 6. The former's more useful if you use a map indexed by something other than count.

Haven't actually checked out the script yet, but it looks promising, especially considering slyz's response.

Edit:
To save you some time in the future,
Code:
startInfo KeyValuePairs(string s)
{
    startInfo this;
    string[int] map = split_string(s, " ");
    foreach i,v in map
    {
	matcher m = create_matcher("^(.*?)=(.*?)$", v);
	if (m.find())
	    this.KVP[m.group(1)] = m.group(2);
	else
	{
	    m = create_matcher("(+|\\?)(.*)", v);
	    if (m.find())
		this.Flags[m.group(2)] = (m.group(1)=="+");
	    else
		if (i==0)
		    this.Command = v;
		else
		    this.Arguments[count(this.Arguments)] = v;
        }
    }
    if (this.Command == "") this.Command = "Default";
    return this;
}

Wasn't totally sure when you wanted this.Command to be set, so if you want to change it, just change if (i==0) to if (this.Command = "").

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
It looks like Paragon removed his script, but here a version I had downloaded if anyone is ever interested in using it.

Attachments

• EZStartInfo.ash
    5.7 KB · Views: 34