Castle Farm w/semirare Script

relyk

I am writing an ash script to automate a daily farm as a bit of a challenge having never used ash or any scripting. Now I've looked for awhile through most of the posts about adventuring for semirares and farming, but it seems to become complicated when you want to farm until a semirare comes up, get the semirare, then continue farming. What I want to know is how to script:

* Check if the counter is active, so it knows whether to eat a cookie.
* How to get the value for the number of adventures until a semirare.
* Alternating between two semirares (Picking a semirare depending on the last one received).
* Getting past the auto-abort on the semirare (without removing the counterchecker).

The goal for the farm goes like this:
* Check if the counter is up and eat a cookie(s) if it isn't.
* Adventure in giant's castle until the semirare comes up, and getting a lunchbox.
* Eating a cookie(s) and getting the value for the amount of adventures until next semirare.
* Repeat until semirare comes up again and getting Cyclops Eyedrops or Irradiated Pet Snacks.
* And so on, alternating between lunchbox and a different semirare.

I've gone through the posts that are for finding all this but I don't understand enough to pick out the code I want for doing a specific task. I want to know if it's actually possible to not require entering in the remaining adventures needed until a semirare. I'm not interested in the script picking the most expensive semirares to get. Much appreciated if you can explain how to do each part, a script for it briefly explaining what the code is doing would be even better.

Theraze

Easy enough... use Bale's CounterChecker and just farm the castle otherwise. If you're in Hardcore, just turn on the BaleCC_SrinHC to true.

If you only want it to consider lunchbox and eyedrops/irradiated, just delete the other 8 or so semirares that it normally pricechecks.

relyk

I guess I'm not using the counterchecker right, is it suppose to automatically get the semirare while you adventure? The other problem is that using the adventure function ignores the counter and the script doesn't stop when the counter expires.

Bale

Minion
Did you set counterScript = scriptname.ash? (Read the directions in the thread where you downloaded the counter script.)

Theraze

Use the counterScript and possibly betweenBattleScript settings. They're both your friends. :) With the BaleCC_SrinHC value set, and a few little tweaks of my own, I've been collecting semirares throughout a wide variety of zones using adventure as well as scripts wandering all around the world.

Speaking of which, I should convert it from using a mafia preference to using a zlib preference to make it (potentially, depending on verbosity) a bit more silent, and then post my versions of both, since the CanAdv is actually working properly now... :D

Edit: Will post tonight to both threads after rollover if it works. If it doesn't, I'll tweak it some more. Using a new value, BaleCC_nextSemirareLocation, for where CC is sending me for best SR.
Will need to validate it working properly without eating cookie before attempt, on a non-BBB-protected location. As such, might take 2 nights, depending on where CC chooses to send me. :D

Last edited:

relyk

It worked now that I used the normal adventure queue. I'm guessing running adventure(my_adventures, $location[giant castle]) on the script skips checking for counters?

slyz

Developer
I don't think using adventure() is any different than auto-adventuring from the interface. Using visit_url() would skip the counter check, but not adventure().

slyz

Developer
I don't think using adventure() is any different than auto-adventuring from the interface regarding counters then =)

slyz

Developer
Maybe I didn't understand Bale's remark... Is it because of the double negative? It's a bad habit that comes from french :)

Winterbay

I think they are mostly playing with words :)
There's nothing wrong with that construct if you ask me, but then I'm not a native speaker either so...

You could start it with "In my experience" or "There does not appear to be" if you want to avoid the not thinking part :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with saying it that way. Bale was just joking because English is a screwed up language (I say this as a native English speaker) and that's a bad place for the negative word to go.

Theraze

Or saying that:
I think using adventure() is no different than auto-adventuring from the interface. Using visit_url() would skip the counter check, but not adventure().

The point was that you were saying you don't think... while the truth is, you are thinking. :)