KOLmafia.app for Mac users - What happened?

rhesuspieces00

Hi. I've been lurking on the forums for a few weeks, but this is my first post.

Up until version 10.2 of KOLmafia, there was a .dmg downloadable for Mac OS X users (listed as PPC architecture on the download page) that includes KOLmafia.app, which behaves more consistently with Aqua than the .jar applet. This hasn't been available for the past two revisions. Does anyone know why its missing, and whether or not its coming back?

PS. I realize its basically just a wrapper file for the .jar file. If you control-click the old KOLmafia.app to "Show Package Contents" you'll find it at:

/Applications/KOLMafia.app/Contents/Resources/Java/KOLmafia-10.2.jar

I tried downloading KOLmafia-10.4.jar, renaming it to KOLmafia-10.2.jar, placing it in the .app wrapper in the appropriate location, and fixing the permissions to match the original .jar file. Unfortunately, this didn't work. The .app wont launch. Anyone else have any ideas?

holatuwol

Developer
If you installed the OS X developer tools, you can wrap KoLmafia using Jar Bundler. If you didn't, just be patient. Though turnaround is usually prompt, it can take a few days before someone on KoLmafia's alpha tester team finds time to wrap the JAR.

holatuwol

Developer
Hah, it turns out that something glitched in my mail software. So DMGs were being created and being mailed to me, but the mail never got downloaded so I never saw it. I've added the DMGs. Sorry for the delay.