auto start chat in the relay browser! Thanks Hol

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=730.msg3497#msg3497 date=1170087090]
Now for a totally useless feature that I don't use at all, but which was added as a second thought during the implementation of the relay browser, which might come in handy for some people. :)
[/quote]

I just put this feature to use around 15 seconds after reading the post, and fully intend to keep using it! I think this feature is great!

This is for non compact mode:

PHP:
<html>
<head><title>The Kingdom of Loathing</title>
</head>
<frameset id=rootset cols="4*,*">
	<frameset id=menuset rows="50,*">
		<frame name=menupane src="topmenu.php" scrolling=no></frame>
		<frameset id=mainset cols="200,*">
			<frame name=charpane src="charpane.php"></frame>
			<frame name=mainpane src="main.php"></frame>
		</frameset>

</frameset>
	<frame name=chatpane src="lchat.php"></frame>
</frameset>
</html>

So now I no longer have to start chat manually in the relay browser! Handy!

Now to study frames, because I want to add a new frame across the bottom...which raises a question. If I create a new page, and store it under a whole new name say bottommenu.html and set up main.html to load it, will kolmafia handle this right since it would not be a standard kol document over-ride?

Posted on: January 29, 2007, 01:44:24 PM
I'm going to let the double posts handler take care of this so I don't have to fix all those less than and greater than symbols again. I mean to say "Thanks Holatuwol" in the title but I guess it was too long so Thanks Holatuwol!

holatuwol

Developer
efilnikufecin said:
If I create a new page, and store it under a whole new name say bottommenu.html and set up main.html to load it, will kolmafia handle this right since it would not be a standard kol document over-ride?
Yes. It checks local files before it asks KoL if the page exists there.

holatuwol

Developer
And in case someone wanted to use this same idea in compact mode:

PHP:
<html>
<head><title>The Kingdom of Loathing</title></head>
<frameset id=rootset cols="4*,*">
	<frameset id=menuset rows="30,*">
		<frame name=menupane src="compactmenu.php" scrolling=no></frame>
		<frameset id=mainset cols="120,*">
			<frame name=charpane src="charpane.php"></frame>
			<frame name=mainpane src="main.php"></frame>
		</frameset>
	</frameset>
	<frame name=chatpane src="lchat.php"></frame>
</frameset>
</html>

Also, in case you wanted to load KoLmafia's gCLI (either in the right sidepane or maybe somewhere else in your layout), the path is "cli.html".  If you wanted to load KoLmafia's integrated gCLI and chat interface, the path is "chat.html".  For those who like to make use of the Simulator of Loathing project, the path is "/KoLmafia/simulator/index.html" which will automatically download the simulator's data files from sol.kolmafia.us.

holatuwol

Developer
And, in case anyone wanted to post more HTML in an inline fashion, I was digging around and discovered that SMF has a special bulletin board tag for this purpose:

PHP:
[php]
It can be used to post HTML without it getting mangled after posting or during edits.  Have fun!