"Session data refreshed"... then nothing? (bufflist craziness)

MalLardo

With 10.0 (fixed with a daily build, don't have it anymore unfortunately) and again with 10.1, during logins I will get to "Session data refreshed" without breakfast and "Summon limit exceeded" with breakfast before the login process halts - the main Mafia interface never opens. I've waited as much as 5-10 minutes with no progress before giving up. Using the right-click menu I can access the main interface screen -- where there is only the "Adventure" tab though I've selected several others. Interestingly the relay browser works fine. I don't get an error message or a debug log.

If I put the Mafia .exe or .jar file (both exhibit the same behavior) over in an entirely new directory, I can get 1-2 executions of the program -- even if I don't migrate my bufflist or my scripts -- before it starts doing the same thing again. Ideas? I'd been using Mafia for almost a year before this without similar problems, am not using a proxy...

MalLardo

Re: "Session data refreshed"... then nothing? (freeze during login)

My other tabs are generally Mini-Browser, Item Manager, Gear Manager, Purchases, Skill Casting, and sometimes Purchase Buffs. I usually have the Chat pane and Recent Events open in a separate window upon logging in (and don't get that far in the login process before the freeze).

MalLardo

Re: "Session data refreshed"... then nothing? (freeze during login)

An update...

Amid several permutations of trying to get things to behave, I noticed when starting up the buffbot manager (which I neglected to mention above, for which I apologize - I don't usually use this but the default is to open it as a tab) either in tabs or from scratch, that my 2k .txt bufflist file would rapidly grow to 2 to 3 megs in size while I was watching. The javaw.exe Windows process would take over most of my processor time while this was happening. The bufflist file itself seemed to contain multiple copies of the bufflist repeated one after another. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the bufflist file I'm using, since the same thing happened after I rebuilt the file from scratch within Mafia.

So far, so good with running 10.4 on my other accounts with the buffbot manager closed, but I would like to be able to run the buffbot again. Any ideas?