Problem with relay browser

jivice

Well, up until 2 days ago my relay browser was working fine on mafia. In fact, it still works fine when set to internet explorer.

However, every time it is set to firefox, whenever I click the relay browser button, either nothing happens or I get this error message:

Windows cannot find 'http://127.0.0.1:60080/game.php'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Help, please?

Theraze

Any chance your Firefox has a proxy set? If so, you won't be able to use the relay browser with it unless you make 127.0.0.1 a proxy exception...

jivice

Preferences >> Browser (Tab) >> Preferred Web Browser

Snapshot here

What (exactly) is in that text box?

Those exact words are typed into the relay box (firefox).

@Theraze: I'm not sure. Im pretty sure I dont, since whenever I try that on internet explorer the internet never works. However, I am unsure how to check my proxy settings on Firefox's internet options. I tried looking, but couldnt find anything.

Also, here's the weird thing. Anytime I am signed in mafia, typing in http://127.0.0.1:60080/game.php into the address bar brings up the relay browser. Only problem is by doing this I cannot have two accounts simultaneously logged in. The other problem is that even by doing this, the relay browser link in mafia still doesnt work or yields the same error message.

jivice

Instead of just typing in firefox, browse to the exact location and try that... Should be something more like:

Tried that also. Went to my C:/Program Files/mozilla/firefox

or something along those lines. Point is, I tried both the original program and even the shortcut to it. I just dont understand, because I havent changed anything in the last two days o_O

Theraze

Hmm... so if you manually pop open Firefox and go there, it works? Or is it Internet Explorer when it works that way?

Grotfang

Developer
Could be a problem with default browser settings (similar to the report here).

Download this file and save it in My Documents (or somewhere else memorable). Then double click on it. Which browser does it open in?

jivice

Mozilla Firefox has been my default browser for the last 2+ years at least, and I have 2 test links on my desktop just in case I accidentally switched to IE.

Im thinking about switching to chrome because of all this. I just like how quick mozilla is, especially with opening new tabs (no fancy animations or loading, just instant pop-up of the link).

@ Theraze:

I can actually type it into IE or firefox as long as Im currently running mafia and it will connect to the relay browser (curious, since that set of numbers is not my IP address...) That's the weird thing. Clicking on "relay browser" in mafia either does nothing or yields said error message, but manually typing in the address works. I have since made "http://127.0.0.1:60080/game.php" a bookmark, but I still would like to fix this bug for the sake of knowing what the ***** happened, since I havent changed any internet settings, yet this still happened. It's also annoying that I cant run two accounts at the same time, now KOL is much more time consuming (big surprise there, right? lulz)

jivice

Could be a problem with default browser settings (similar to the report here).

Download this file and save it in My Documents (or somewhere else memorable). Then double click on it. Which browser does it open in?

Thanks for that post!! After reading it, I realize that firefox did automatically update last week, and that could be the problem (maybe the newer version has a different executable).

So I do think that is my problem. But after trying all the things that person said, firefox still wont open. Even after DIRECTLY linking firefox via the "browse" feature.

Any idea what the executable name for a new firefox would be?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The patch I posted in that other thread only affects macs, so don't bother trying it for Windows unless you're first going to change it to make it applicable there.