Login issue

Arimus

I downloaded the exe KoLmafia v9.9, but it hasn't been able to log in for over an hour now. It just says trying a different server. Can anyone help me out?

How do you connect to the internet? If you use a proxy, then you must give kolmafia details about your proxy settings on the connections tab.

Have you got a firewall with program access control? If so, you may have to tell it to allow Java, and/or kolmafia to access the internet.

When you click general then relay browser do you get kol's login page, or some form of error?

Being at work I think I'd concern myself more with the proxy server possibility first. Internet explorer can answer this question if it is used there (you had to download kolmafia somehow). Click Tools, then Internet options. Select the connections tab, then click the LAN Settings button. "Use a proxy server for your LAN" will be checked if you need to use one. The Address (Host) will also be displayed, along with the port (normally 80). That would just leave you needing the username and password.

disclaimer: If you play an online game at work it could easily lead to you no longer needing to go to work. You may hold no-one but yourself responsible.